Rhyse Martin - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we actually guarantee him a starting 2nd row berth next year with a fit JJ and RFM?
Well... at the moment he’s way better than RFM. Unless we find another goal kicker (Meaney?) then he should be preferred option over RFM. Who started okay and then fizzled our after 2 games

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we actually guarantee him a starting 2nd row berth next year with a fit JJ and RFM?
The back row of JJ, RFM and Martin is fine. We need to retain him and Lewis and all costs. Our forward pack is the least of our worries. It’s our hooker (Brown or Woolford) would be a good start. However, our backline needs some serious improvement for 2019

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should this be filed in the rumour section Mr I

If he’s considering SL in his prime then his handlers are muppets

You go to that shit Comp to retire or reestablish after off field incidents

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The back row of JJ, RFM and Martin is fine. We need to retain him and Lewis and all costs. Our forward pack is the least of our worries. It’s our hooker (Brown or Woolford) would be a good start. However, our backline needs some serious improvement for 2019
That's not our first choice back row though? Elliots our lock and barring a slow first couple of games this year he's been fantastic ever since.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A brilliant try from 79
Chris Anderson finishes off a brilliant try against the South Sydney Rabbitohs that saw the ball go through 13 sets of hands before the winger scored

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/07/10/a-brilliant-try-from-79/

To borrow a baseball term, we need some home runs to be scored by Chis Anderson, Dean Pay and the board. Let's start by resigning Martin and Lewis they are two fan favorites that deserve to remain Bulldogs IMO!!!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A brilliant try from 79
Chris Anderson finishes off a brilliant try against the South Sydney Rabbitohs that saw the ball go through 13 sets of hands before the winger scored

To borrow a baseball term, we need some home runs to be scored by Chis Anderson, Dean Pay and the board. Let's start by resigning Martin and Lewis they are two fan favorites that deserve to remain Bulldogs IMO!!!
I honestly have been thinking about all said on Lewis and Martin and think these guys will be signed soon. Lewis alone will pull in the crowds and have thousands of doggies supporters flocking to watch him in the future. To all the neg kennelers on here about Lewis just watch and see......

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he played well. Always been handy he was just not fit enough to now. Dont put too much pressure on him he wont do that every week. All the same people were kissing rfm arse too after one game and he did fuck all after that.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly have been thinking about all said on Lewis and Martin and think these guys will be signed soon. Lewis alone will pull in the crowds and have thousands of doggies supporters flocking to watch him in the future. To all the neg kennelers on here about Lewis just watch and see......
And u deserve that dig. I was one that was optimistic about bringing him in while our team is shit but it hasnt fazed him. Hope he keeps improving hes doing very well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Should this be filed in the rumour section Mr I

If he’s considering SL in his prime then his handlers are muppets

You go to that shit Comp to retire or reestablish after off field incidents
It's kinda a "bit of everything" thread. Initial thread creation was about resigning him. Rumour only came in last page or so.

Technically I could split the thread and move the rumour posts to a new thread under Rumour area, but it's not really worth it just yet.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he played well. Always been handy he was just not fit enough to now. Dont put too much pressure on him he wont do that every week. All the same people were kissing rfm arse too after one game and he did fuck all after that.
Up to the coaches to keep/get them playing 100% effort, fitness and to their ability.

Once this clean out settles, hopefully the club can start prioritizing that.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
probably release him to due to salary cap

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A brilliant try from 79

I was at that game
We rushed home to watch the 1 hour condensed replay that same night

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A brilliant try from 79

2 offloads by Robbo

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A brilliant try from 79

That try in 79 had as much as anything to do with us being called the Entertainers. I remember it won try of the year on Rex Mossop's league show at the time (which was big in those days).

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That try in 79 had as much as anything to do with us being called the Entertainers. I remember it won try of the year on Rex Mossop's league show at the time (which was big in those days).
The only thing I didn't like about Rex Mossop was that he was a Manly man, but I use to watch his show religiously before heading off to the game:grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Did we clone this bloke by any chance? He was deadset all over the place today! Left side, right side, middle.

We should be playing him at lock not Second Row in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.