News Rhyse Martin comments on Sunday Footy Show

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to preface this with the fact that I do not think Martin will make any kind of difference to the shitshow we are currently seeing, and I do not know why he was dropped.

I have not seen the segment, but apparently he was on the Sunday Footy Show and he was asked why he was not in first grade and below is a transcript of what he said.

So if we believe this, Pay has said he would pick Rhyse if he could???? I am sorry but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Pay is the coach and he can pick whoever he wants can't he?

Now I dunno if Rhyse was dropped for a valid reason, I always assumed there was a valid reason (such as the attitude or being overweight comments that people keep throwing around here). So if there was a valid reason, why would Pay come out with this crap? This to me seems like some pretty clear evidence of what a diabolically bad coach Pay is and how he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

Once again I want to reiterate that I don't think Martin can fix our team, nor do I have a particularly strong opinion on if he should even be in first grade. My issue here is the leadership of Pay which seems to be really, really terrible.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Chn needs to go to centre, Martin ,Ogden and Chris Smith need to be in this side!

Reactions: Vek

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I take that as Pay saying that he (Martin) is behind other player/s and "would pick him if he could". Of course this is total BS as Martin deserved a spot right from round 1. I too agree, Martin's selection won't change a thing. There is something else at play here and it's blowing up in Pay's face now due to the heavy loss's we have now had? Over to you Dean.....

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I take that as Pay saying that he (Martin) is behind other player/s and "would pick him if he could". Of course this is total BS as Martin deserved a spot right from round 1. I too agree, Martin's selection won't change a thing. There is something else at play here and it's blowing up in Pay's face now due to the heavy loss's we have now had? Over to you Dean.....
To me it kind of reads like he wants to stick with the same squad no matter what for X amount of time so "can't" change it. Or someone above him is calling the shots? Whichever way you take it, it makes Pay look like an imbecile.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
To me it kind of reads like he wants to stick with the same squad no matter what for X amount of time so "can't" change it. Or someone above him is calling the shots? Whichever way you take it, it makes Pay look like an imbecile.
The thing is that Martin was in form at the end of last year, was part of the winning team at the end of the season, kicking 95% or whatever, played for PNG, was doing interviews, everyone was loving him and now he isn't being selected at all for FG. That maths does not add up to me and it's not as if blokes like RFM, Sue, CHN or Elliott should be ahead of him? Something is off in Denmark!

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing is that Martin was in form at the end of last year, was part of the winning team at the end of the season, kicking 95% or whatever, played for PNG, was doing interviews, everyone was loving him and now he isn't being selected at all for FG. That maths does not add up to me and it's not as if blokes like RFM, Sue, CHN or Elliott should be ahead of him? Something is off in Denmark!
Yep it makes no sense unless something really bad happened... but then if something really bad happened, the comments made by Rhyse make no sense. So THE PLOT THICKENS.

It hurts just thinking about this.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep it makes no sense unless something really bad happened... but then if something really bad happened, the comments made by Rhyse make no sense. So THE PLOT THICKENS.

Well as you said, it's not like he will make much difference in the FG team or save us but his non selection is wrong and the justification true or not has been exposed as BS.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More bullshit and smoke screens lol, this is getting out of hand fast russ!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Martin had a less than enthusiastic attitude towards training in preseason, and was put behind CHN and Sue.

But was tested at hooker in NSW Cup today and I think will be back next week in NRL.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

martin wasn't picked because he returned to training overweight , obviously enjoyed the off-season a bit too much

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no way Martin could not be in FG next week..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to preface this with the fact that I do not think Martin will make any kind of difference to the shitshow we are currently seeing, and I do not know why he was dropped.

I have not seen the segment, but apparently he was on the Sunday Footy Show and he was asked why he was not in first grade and below is a transcript of what he said.

So if we believe this, Pay has said he would pick Rhyse if he could???? I am sorry but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Pay is the coach and he can pick whoever he wants can't he?

Now I dunno if Rhyse was dropped for a valid reason, I always assumed there was a valid reason (such as the attitude or being overweight comments that people keep throwing around here). So if there was a valid reason, why would Pay come out with this crap? This to me seems like some pretty clear evidence of what a diabolically bad coach Pay is and how he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

Once again I want to reiterate that I don't think Martin can fix our team, nor do I have a particularly strong opinion on if he should even be in first grade. My issue here is the leadership of Pay which seems to be really, really terrible.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay wants to pick him ....Chris Anderson won't let him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont get how ogden/martin after how they just get dropped yet pay picks duds like elliott and sue

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cause i dont see any possible way that holland and smith wont return to same side