No Source RFM

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I guess you are having a problem understanding common sense. But judging by your posts I understand that.
I never ever said Branden Smith to prop. You imagined that. I suggested Wakeham to centre to replace the old plodder Hopoate. He looks like missing out on a start otherwise.
I wont repeat what I said about Thompson but I stand by it. Lewis is a good choice as a benchie. He can play multiple positions.
A lot of the "better" qualified players cant do that. The village idiot started the hate on Lewis and a lot of others just followed suit.
cant agree with any of that speedy.
Wakeham is too slow and small for centre, i dont think he has ever played there also.
Hoppa has been consistently our best player the last 2 years and deserves to start in the centre where he will excel imo.
Lewis deserves to be no where near the team as a player or reserve. He offers nothing and would be useless on the bench as he offers no attack and is not a game changer.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham will only ever be a 6,7 or 9

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Wakeham will only ever be a 6,7 or 9
No way is he a centre......his reading of defence is quite horrible and while he may have some speed, he lacks size and aggression.........just no way.....

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have a look at the NRL stats about Taupau. Tackles..Not in top 50. Line breaks...Not in top 50. Line engaged...Not in top 50. Line break assist...Not in top 50. Charge downs...Not in top 50. All runs...Not in top 50. Dummy half runs...Not in top 50. Post contact metres...Not in top 50.. Dummy half runs...Not in top 50. The list goes on. His redeeming figure is No37 in tackle breaks and has 35 offloads. Although some of those terrible stats do not apply to a Prop. I still say he is vastly overrated.
Still better than Garfield.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way is he a centre......his reading of defence is quite horrible and while he may have some speed, he lacks size and aggression.........just no way.....
I agree he is not an ideal centre. And I never said he was. However we have Cotric nailing down one side and the other side is bare.
I would prefer DWZ to play there. However if the coach goes a different direction, who do we use?
Schoup is promising, but not ready. So the cupboard is bare.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree he is not an ideal centre. And I never said he was. However we have Cotric nailing down one side and the other side is bare.
I would prefer DWZ to play there. However if the coach goes a different direction, who do we use?
Schoup is promising, but not ready. So the cupboard is bare.
You do realise one of our best players over the last couple of years in Hopoate's best position is centre? You're allowed to have your opinion, but it's pretty much irrelevant on this topic as there is a 99% chance Hopoate will be in the centres, regardless what you think of him.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just met RFM at the members day, very humble and was great playing footy on the field with my son. What a great human!
Did you at least ask for some team line-up goss?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just met RFM at the members day, very humble and was great playing footy on the field with my son. What a great human!
So he's out of the moon boot and running freely?

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Ferriss’ update he said ray has about 4 more weeks for recovery. Hopefully he’s there for the first game back

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do realise one of our best players over the last couple of years in Hopoate's best position is centre? You're allowed to have your opinion, but it's pretty much irrelevant on this topic as there is a 99% chance Hopoate will be in the centres, regardless what you think of him.
I suspect you may be right that he will play centre. Being the "best" over the years is a sad reflection on the quality of the other players.
I still say he is a long way short of being a quality centre. His pace is pedestrian, he misses tackles (important for a centre) his positional play is questionable. He is good under the high ball and has good hands.
I suspect he will remain there until another better option is discovered.