No Source RFM

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He plays through the middle and always has what are you on about? He may run a bit wider but he’s never out wide like a 2nd rower... he wouldn’t be able to defend on the edge I don’t reckon anyway, he gets caught flat footed regularly
Agree, he definitely plays mostly in the middle. May play on an edge when close to the line but is used to taking hit ups for St Helen’s and has done the same for the Dogs. He will have a great year mark my word.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson loses his advantage moving from prop. Thompson is one of the fastest props in the game. He'd just be an average edge player at best and it isn't familiar to him. When Thompson was playing prop, not lock, last year he looked a lot better. Run hard, and fast. Also I'm not saying RFM is a bad edge player, but I want to accommodate Doorey and Topine and RFM moving into the middle (prop) is the only way. Jackson and Elliott both have to be starters for me.
I disagree. Thompson gains an advantage when he plays wide. He has good speed and likes to run on to the ball.
He will be wasted if he is used as a conventional prop. Check his youtube videos.

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
I disagree. Thompson gains an advantage when he plays wide. He has good speed and likes to run on to the ball.
He will be wasted if he is used as a conventional prop. Check his youtube videos.
Oh no. I could not disagree any stronger. Luke Thompson is a rare breed. It’s not often someone has his leg speed and footwork but can hang with the dirtiness of the middle of the field. He would be totally and completely wasted hanging on one edge. He’s an out and out middle forward.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson loses his advantage moving from prop. Thompson is one of the fastest props in the game. He'd just be an average edge player at best and it isn't familiar to him. When Thompson was playing prop, not lock, last year he looked a lot better. Run hard, and fast. Also I'm not saying RFM is a bad edge player, but I want to accommodate Doorey and Topine and RFM moving into the middle (prop) is the only way. Jackson and Elliott both have to be starters for me.
Doorey and Topine are basically not NRL standard, and it would be difficult for them to get a start.
They are both promising, but promising does not equate to being ready. They should never be considered in front of RFM, Jackson, Waddell, Elliott, Thompson or even Smith.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doorey and Topine are basically not NRL standard, and it would be difficult for them to get a start.
They are both promising, but promising does not equate to being ready. They should never be considered in front of RFM, Jackson, Waddell, Elliott, Thompson or even Smith.
Remember this conversation in 1 years time.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Thompson would struggle in defence out wide, he would be beaten on the outside too easily.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Speedy regularly wants to change players and their positions. Thompson to SR, Lewis to "14" or Lock, Brandon Smith to Prop, Wakeham to centre im sure there's others lol.
I guess you are having a problem understanding common sense. But judging by your posts I understand that.
I never ever said Branden Smith to prop. You imagined that. I suggested Wakeham to centre to replace the old plodder Hopoate. He looks like missing out on a start otherwise.
I wont repeat what I said about Thompson but I stand by it. Lewis is a good choice as a benchie. He can play multiple positions.
A lot of the "better" qualified players cant do that. The village idiot started the hate on Lewis and a lot of others just followed suit.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahahahaha fuck me Wakeham to center Hahahhahaha !! What next JMK to fullback ??
I suggested Wakeham may get a start in the centre to replace the plodder Hopoate. Otherwise he may not get a first grade start.
So whats so wrong with that suggestion?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess you are having a problem understanding common sense. But judging by your posts I understand that.
I never ever said Branden Smith to prop. You imagined that. I suggested Wakeham to centre to replace the old plodder Hopoate. He looks like missing out on a start otherwise.
I wont repeat what I said about Thompson but I stand by it. Lewis is a good choice as a benchie. He can play multiple positions.
A lot of the "better" qualified players cant do that. The village idiot started the hate on Lewis and a lot of others just followed suit.
You did say Brandon Smith will be a prop because he's a fat boy, and yourve just agreed with all the others I said too.

Also, sure I may go off the handle, but YOU talking to me about common sense, whe you suggested Wakeham to centre is just LOL hilarious.

You keep parroting on about RFM and THOMPSON being our best SRers. How the hell can someone who has, as far as I know, never played one game at SR be one of our best?

No thats not true about Lewis. His terrible play got him all the hate. Barrett saw that he's shit and rushed out and got two new halves, and signed Wakeham before him LOL.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggested Wakeham may get a start in the centre to replace the plodder Hopoate. Otherwise he may not get a first grade start.
I respect your opinion mate but Brandon will be the worst centre in the history of rugby league he will get eaten alive there in defence and won’t offer anything in attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You did say Brandon Smith will be a prop because he's a fat boy, and yourve just agreed with all the others I said too.

Also, sure I may go off the handle, but YOU talking to me about common sense, whe you suggested Wakeham to centre is just LOL hilarious.

You keep parroting on about RFM and THOMPSON being our best SRers. How the hell can someone who has, as far as I know, never played one game at SR be one of our best?

No thats not true about Lewis. His terrible play got him all the hate. Barrett saw that he's shit and rushed out and got two new halves, and signed Wakeham before him LOL.
My personal favourite is "Napa has a great offload and Taupau is shit" lol.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My personal favourite is "Napa has a great offload and Taupau is shit" lol.
Have a look at the NRL stats about Taupau. Tackles..Not in top 50. Line breaks...Not in top 50. Line engaged...Not in top 50. Line break assist...Not in top 50. Charge downs...Not in top 50. All runs...Not in top 50. Dummy half runs...Not in top 50. Post contact metres...Not in top 50.. Dummy half runs...Not in top 50. The list goes on. His redeeming figure is No37 in tackle breaks and has 35 offloads. Although some of those terrible stats do not apply to a Prop. I still say he is vastly overrated.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You did say Brandon Smith will be a prop because he's a fat boy,

I will print it in english next time so maybe you can understand it.
I said that Branden Smith probably does not have a future as a hooker. I said he was chubby and gaining weight.
He has said that himself in a recent interview. I said his future will not be as a hooker. He may have to settle on being in second row.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You said wakeham to center? Been off your meds or something?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You said wakeham to center? Been off your meds or something?
I said that as we need someone to replace the aging plodder in Hopoate. Who else is there. Maybe DWZ would be OK,.
My meds are more beneficial than whatever you are on.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s so bad about him not getting a first grade start? So you would rather put a shit option at centre just so he gets a start? Are you all there? Go for a run son