No Source RFM

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No worries there, He wasn’t injured. Just minor surgery. He will be ripping and tearing again, come round 1

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got a feeling Waddell will get the jump on RFM and start in the backrow

Our bench will have more punch with RFM so all not lost there
100% Agreed . Not that RFM deserves to be benched or anything, He played really well last year and was 1 of our best attacking players.But it will fire him up even more that’s for sure.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I got a feeling Waddell will get the jump on RFM and start in the backrow

Our bench will have more punch with RFM so all not lost there
It's what's best for the team that way imo. In years to come it'll be Elliot, Doorey and Topine in the backrow anyways. So it should all be about balance now.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson and Elliott will both start. Jackson is still our captain. RFM will need to transition into the middle soon (most likely on the bench) with Doorey and Topine coming through.

I dont get this he was our biggest attacking weapon on an edge last season yet people on here keep saying he needs to transition into the middle

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont get this he was our biggest attacking weapon on an edge last season yet people on here keep saying he needs to transition into the middle
He was awesome for us last year. But we do have plenty of back rowers and not many props, particularly with Thompson being suspended till round 5. RFM has the size and defensive ability to play in the middle. With his speed, footwork and offloading ability he could make a great prop.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's because Pay made him dumb his game down.. now everyone thinks hes just a tuck under the arm hit up prop.. with the right encouragement, he will be great on the edge and will bring more dimensions to his game

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because I believe we need to find a position for Doorey and Topine in the future (possibly within 12 months). Also RFM's lateral movement isn't good in defence. We've also just lost Foran who was making RFM look like the 2nd best player in attack in the team last year.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's because Pay made him dumb his game down.. now everyone thinks hes just a tuck under the arm hit up prop.. with the right encouragement, he will be great on the edge and will bring more dimensions to his game

Bet he plays on an edge again he is far from a prop and was running perfect lines off foran last year, Probably should have been our player of the year.

Typical kennel see a young kid that has just made our top 30 make a break last year all the the sudden we need to make room for him over a proven player thats still young himself.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson and Elliott will both start. Jackson is still our captain. RFM will need to transition into the middle soon (most likely on the bench) with Doorey and Topine coming through.
RFM does not need to transition into the middle. It would be very dumb.
Him and Thompson are the best edge forwards and need to remain there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson has been rostered as a prop for many years. But he plays as an edge forward.
And thats where he is at his best. The shortage of good props is the biggest problem,
and may force him to play there.
He plays through the middle and always has what are you on about? He may run a bit wider but he’s never out wide like a 2nd rower... he wouldn’t be able to defend on the edge I don’t reckon anyway, he gets caught flat footed regularly

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson has been rostered as a prop for many years. But he plays as an edge forward.
And thats where he is at his best. The shortage of good props is the biggest problem,
and may force him to play there.
Thompson loses his advantage moving from prop. Thompson is one of the fastest props in the game. He'd just be an average edge player at best and it isn't familiar to him. When Thompson was playing prop, not lock, last year he looked a lot better. Run hard, and fast. Also I'm not saying RFM is a bad edge player, but I want to accommodate Doorey and Topine and RFM moving into the middle (prop) is the only way. Jackson and Elliott both have to be starters for me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only issue I have with RFM is when he decides he's part ballerina. He's at times been guilty of hitting the line doing a spin and a step to the outside rather than just hitting the line hard. Really just allows the defensive line time to set itself a bit better.

I don't often see him offload anymore either.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only issue I have with RFM is when he decides he's part ballerina. He's at times been guilty of hitting the line doing a spin and a step to the outside rather than just hitting the line hard. Really just allows the defensive line time to set itself a bit better.

I don't often see him offload anymore either.
RFM had a lot of errors in his game, especially when trying to offload, I think he needs to do the basics right first and then build off that when he's in form.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM had a lot of errors in his game, especially when trying to offload, I think he needs to do the basics right first and then build off that when he's in form.
The roosters had some of the highest error rates over the last few years.. in contrast we've had one of the best error rates over the past few years... Need I say more.. just let them play footy ffs..