Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the headline link to that article about Barrett needs to be entered into "Most Misleading Headlines" for 2020. It is atrocious, and this is a year with headlines about Covid, bushfires, and all kinds of stuff.
Typical gossip hound journos

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of RFM. He's a decent player on his day. But for a while I thought he needed to simplify his game in some ways. He had a phase where he'd run backwards to try and get outside of players which just meant the rest of the team were put offside and had to back up after he was tackled which didn't help with creating momentum. His current form isn't terrible and he doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. But I've never rated him due to that part of his game.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great result, this is new the players Feeling under pressure to perform to keep there job. Hopefully the perform and a win win from club , player and supporters

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One player I thought would progress,but In 3 years has actually gone backwards,like a lot of them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm honestly not the biggest fan of RFM. He's a decent player on his day. But for a while I thought he needed to simplify his game in some ways. He had a phase where he'd run backwards to try and get outside of players which just meant the rest of the team were put offside and had to back up after he was tackled which didn't help with creating momentum. His current form isn't terrible and he doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. But I've never rated him due to that part of his game.
Yes agree. To me him and Elliott similar in that they flap around doing a lot of effort for not much gain.

Oh to have a Tank type player. See what Barrett can do to improve the squad.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I reckon he played his best footy in the middle coming off the bench. Got some footwork there if he can just get the offload goin again he could prove dangerous coming in late in the halves.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He should be extended purely based on the fact he's shown he can play on the edge and also provide impact through the middle third. I do believe he's a benchy though.

Players like this are valuable as it allows you to run a utility and 2 genuine front rowers with them on the bench.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t think we’ve seen the best of RFM under pay hope he sticks around

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think RFM will benefit the most from Barretts arrival. He has so much potential but has been stuck playing our shit football the past 4 years. He always manages to get his arm free for an offload but theres never anyone backing him up. If we play a more fluid style of attack he will easily become our best second rower.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree,but if he can get some the mistakes out of his game,could be an asset
Yeah, Really needs to sort his hands out which is why the middle suits him more.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon he played his best footy in the middle coming off the bench. Got some footwork there if he can just get the offload goin again he could prove dangerous coming in late in the halves.
The combination of rotating your starting props with RT an RFM is a no brainer for any top squad.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At end of day wouldnt been huge dollars and presents good value .
Beats Britt hands down and offers more impact than our captain at moment .
Good squad signing

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RFM looks ok on his day especially compared to some of the other flops we have impersonating first graders but f*** we should have kept Lane, thanks Des.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I'm still tuned into R-FM.

Still think the best of him is yet to come..BUT CHANGE YOUR DAMN HAIRSTYLE.