News RFM re-signing 2023 and beyond..

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM is playing some great football
and I don't think it is a concidence that our team has improved so much since he has returned from injury. Hope we re-sign him soon. Besides his playing strengths, he has great leadership qualities and is an asset to the team. You can tell he loves the club too. I would even consider him for captain. Jackson in the pressers looks upset when the media mentions how much better we are since Baz left. Fkn sooky clown. Clearly we have more second phase and are playing more expansive and this idiot gets all defensive when asked...fck Baz and give Potter some credit
Maybe he looks upset in the presser because we still lose games. He’s the heart of the team and the players love playing with him

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he looks upset in the presser because we still lose games. He’s the heart of the team and the players love playing with him
So he should...I'm talking more about being upset whenever they bring up the change in how we are playing under Potter. Gets all defensive about Baz. I'm sure they do love playing with him, he is a wholehearted player. IMO, poor captain though

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So he should...I'm talking more about being upset whenever they bring up the change in how we are playing under Potter. Gets all defensive about Baz. I'm sure they do love playing with him, he is a wholehearted player. IMO, poor captain though
To me it wasn't upset he showed, but bemusement. After Potter said he'd be best to answer that, he looked confused and said it was answered or something. I still think he and Potter don't want to shit on Trent, and why would you want them to? It doesn't need to be said, it's obvious. I also reckon Jacko believes that it has a lot to do with combinations improving etc. He's never going to come out and say they're loving footy now Trent has gone and Potter is coach. Never gonna happen with any captain.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me it wasn't upset he showed, but bemusement. After Potter said he'd be best to answer that, he looked confused and said it was answered or something. I still think he and Potter don't want to shit on Trent, and why would you want them to? It doesn't need to be said, it's obvious. I also reckon Jacko believes that it has a lot to do with combinations improving etc. He's never going to come out and say they're loving footy now Trent has gone and Potter is coach. Never gonna happen with any captain.
I reckon it’s the journalist (the one with the English Accent) that JJ has an issue with.. the same journo that Barrett kept giving one word answers too in the past

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon it’s the journalist (the one with the English Accent) that JJ has an issue with.. the same journo that Barrett kept giving one word answers too in the past
This for sure. Gronk asks brain dead questions and pushes with brain dead follow ups when he doesnt get the answer he wants. To me, sounds like he has no idea what rugby league is.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you ever have a comment where you dont have to be a negative bitch with any player in the blue and white?
Must be watching a different player than they never offload it hey you clown

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been massive for us, too bad other players around him aren't supporting or running off him, he's making so many opportunities.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jackson is the captain and representing the club and players at the presser and doesn't have the luxury of having "an issue" with the NRL directive of attending pressers and answering questions fans want answers to. He needs to adequately answer media questions even if they are dumb. That English guy rabbits on but analyses the game far better than 90% of the hacks there.

He may feel loyal to Barrett but this is a multi million dollar club and NRL competition and JJ looks foolish with sullen and dismissive statements not full on publicly supporting his new coach and acknowledging why the team is playing better.

He should have the communication skills to convey support for Barrett without appearing to bag him and yet still give credit to the new coach responsible for our improved performances.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Been massive for us, too bad other players around him aren't supporting or running off him, he's making so many opportunities.
He has really straightened up his running. Previously he has flapped around and not been as effective at times. He has been looking to offload and no one there. Avo needs to follow him more. 2 year extension about right. No more tho.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson is the captain and representing the club and players at the presser and doesn't have the luxury of having "an issue" with the NRL directive of attending pressers and answering questions fans want answers to. He needs to adequately answer media questions even if they are dumb. That English guy rabbits on but analyses the game far better than 90% of the hacks there.

He may feel loyal to Barrett but this is a multi million dollar club and NRL competition and JJ looks foolish with sullen and dismissive statements not full on publicly supporting his new coach and acknowledging why the team is playing better.

He should have the communication skills to convey support for Barrett without appearing to bag him and yet still give credit to the new coach responsible for our improved performances.
i think JJ answered it pretty good TBH, it would be unprofessional to bag TB imo. I think him and Potter are on the same side it seems with this.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i think JJ answered it pretty good TBH, it would be unprofessional to bag TB imo. I think him and Potter are on the same side it seems with this.
Def doesn't need to bag Barrett by simply acknowledging the teams improved showing under Potter.

Potter deferred to Jacko to answer prob bc he didn't want to answer for the capt...who was in a better position to answer bc he had been there all season and Mick hadn't.

Anyway it's all a matter of opinion on JJ's handling of this issue. Some are ok with it and others feel Mick should be publicly acknowledged by our captain for substantially turning our playing style around when these inevitable questions arise by journos.

Regardless of whether JJ has it in him to come out and acknowledge Mick, the players are playing better, they look more focussed and happier and the Dogs have regained some game capability and respectability.

Us fans know what changed and who has brought that difference and success.

Jacko can please himself if he is unwilling to comment on the truth of it. Up to him.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Def doesn't need to bag Barrett by simply acknowledging the teams improved showing under Potter.

Potter deferred to Jacko to answer prob bc he didn't want to answer for the capt...who was in a better position to answer bc he had been there all season and Mick hadn't.

Anyway it's all a matter of opinion on JJ's handling of this issue. Some are ok with it and others feel Mick should be publicly acknowledged by our captain for substantially turning our playing style around when these inevitable questions arise by journos.

Regardless of whether JJ has it in him to come out and acknowledge Mick, the players are playing better, they look more focussed and happier and the Dogs have regained some game capability and respectability.

Us fans know what changed and who has brought that difference and success.

Jacko can please himself if he is unwilling to comment on the truth of it. Up to him.
Yeh can see where you are coming from. I’d say because there are some in the team that are close to TB he is staying neutral to appease both sides.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeh can see where you are coming from. I’d say because there are some in the team that are close to TB he is staying neutral to appease both sides.
Probably right there but it seems churlish and disrespectful to the new guy doing the job very well now and brought in by Gus afterall.

It will sort itself out over time.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree, Jackson has not given any credit to Potter for the clear changes he has made to our attacking structure, including him not pretending he is an Aldi version of Yeo. JJ has consistently said that Potter has made no changes and it is just combination's blah blah...he doesn't have to shit on Baz to be honest about how Potter has switched shit up. Avo fullback, more offloads, more expansive, halves with more touches etc. Jacko reckons we were always playing like this because Baz is the best coach he has ever had

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I disagree, Jackson has not given any credit to Potter for the clear changes he has made to our attacking structure, including him not pretending he is an Aldi version of Yeo. JJ has consistently said that Potter has made no changes and it is just combination's blah blah...he doesn't have to shit on Baz to be honest about how Potter has switched shit up. Avo fullback, more offloads, more expansive, halves with more touches etc. Jacko reckons we were always playing like this because Baz is the best coach he has ever had
There is definitely a Step-dad feeling every time Jacko speaks with Potter there. He doesn’t want to admit that his new dad is better than his old one. The media keep fishing for a juicy comment about how Potter has changed it up and the players are happy now but the boys won’t give it to them.

There’s such a weird awkwardness between them but. It’s like you just want to feed the words to Jacko. He says Averillo is going great at Fullback and the spine is now settled. Potter did that buddy! The time together didn’t put people magically in the right positions. That’s potter! I get that he can’t say Barrett was shit but give potter one compliment ffs.

You don’t have to call him Dad, Jacko, but at least give him some credit and respect!