News RFM re-signing 2023 and beyond..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Ray. But I hope the contract has a clause in the club's favour if serious injury strikes, eg Medical retirement and a job on staff at the club.
They wouldn’t need a clause like that. If he gets an injury deemed bad enough to end his career then he will be paid out and that won’t affect our cap.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Always rated him and always hoped he could string together a season or two without injury setbacks to show his worth. He definitely deserves a contract and little upgrade at that.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Massive news, would love him and Topine (still young) to be extended and stay with our club. Apparently we have limited spots left for 2023, hoepfully we can promote within.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t mind him on a reduced contract to mitigate against potential injury. Great value off the bench and can start if needed. Just needs game time and he usually comes good.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive news, would love him and Topine (still young) to be extended and stay with our club. Apparently we have limited spots left for 2023, hoepfully we can promote within.
Add Doorey and Hoffman to that list and the rest can leave in my opinion.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy with that. He's been good since he's been back and I'm sure it will be at a fair amount for both the club and RFM. We won't be breaking the bank for pretty good forward we already have.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has real Bulldog DNA and would not be out of place playing alongside the likes of Willy Mason and the Oger...

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Can be very good, just needs to get the handling errors out of his game and remains a very big injury risk going by his history at the club

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bends the line and can be a good edge forward but runs sideways a bit too much and needs an offload. Worth 350K which I'm sure would be a considerable downgrade on his last contact (under our previous admin so likely way overs). I wouldn't be surprised if he's currently on 500 -600K as he was a NZ test forward at that time. If he wants more than 350K I'd be telling him to go to market. Due to his injury history I seriously doubt he'd get more elsewhere.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he re-signs, He still has plenty to offer. His injuries may have preserved his body in other ways, and benefit his longevity

Big pappi

New Pup
Reaction score
Love this guy, good clubman. Defined by the burto v Moses fight when he the first 1 to jump in and pull his half outa the scuffle to step in

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just realized that RFM and Jackson are the only two remaining players to have played under Des, with RFM being the last Hasler signing.