Opinion RFM full-time prop?

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s only tonight though. Last week was good but nothing like tonight.

We have the rest of the year, I would keep on persisting with him in that area as we have nothing to lose and a potential talent to gain.
He has been very up and down.has potential but can sometimes be lazy in defence.he needs to be consistent.its up to him to earn a spot.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From day 1 he came the Dogs i said he was a lock and not a second rower.

He definitely has it in him as a lock/prop.

He has top leg drive, is mobile and has an offload or two in him.

He is our black version of Cameron Murray
Yh I liked him on the edge but was defenitely open to the idea of him playing through the middle. No one else at the club other than To'omaga (who is slowly improving) has the same sort of skillset as him. You need your more explosive middles more than ever these days.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
seems more suited to middle third - on the edge I think he struggles with the decision making.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Surprised with the lack of minutes . Second half ge was taken off while we had all the momentum.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah not full time prop... A lock so he has that bit of freedom and can play either side of the ruck. His impact in limited minutes is so good. How many minutes he gets? Idk you don’t want to blunt his effectiveness

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I was calling for him and chn to be our edges. If Pay hadve picked our full strength team from rd 1 including ogden wed be in finals

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think keep him on the bench and depending on our forwards rotation, he can play any of prop, back row or lock.
He's not an 80 minute player that pay was trying to make him and that's why he made errors and missed tackles but he does add significant punch off the bench.
Get him playing 15-20 minutes a half off the bench and I think it will work.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah not full time prop... A lock so he has that bit of freedom and can play either side of the ruck. His impact in limited minutes is so good. How many minutes he gets? Idk you don’t want to blunt his effectiveness
Plenty of props run wider at times, don't think that is an issue of the prop/lock debate...his capable of playing across the entire forward pack with his skillset anyway. Smith played over double the minutes of RFM tonight, rather give RFM those minutes. Could even cut 5 minutes off from Tolman and Napa as they're playing big minutes atm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was discussed earlier on here by a few of us as a potential move for him, two games in with limited minutes and he has looked very good. Anyone else thing this is a potent long-term option for us? Really give us something we're missing through the middle with his footwork, strength, pace and offloading ability. Hopefully he holds his spot and gets bigger minutes so we can get a better read on it. Finally something else that excites me about us right now..
RFM was huuuuuge tonight

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is... if he can consistently do it.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of props run wider at times, don't think that is an issue of the prop/lock debate...his capable of playing across the entire forward pack with his skillset anyway. Smith played over double the minutes of RFM tonight, rather give RFM those minutes. Could even cut 5 minutes off from Tolman and Napa as they're playing big minutes atm.
Definitely agree re Smith/RFM minutes. Tolman/Napa cannot play wider out so I feel our lock roams more than usual. I just think we need to test RFM slowly increase his minutes and get the best out of him...offers versatility and can play on the edge for 80 too. Perfect interchange IMO

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely agree re Smith/RFM minutes. Tolman/Napa cannot play wider out so I feel our lock roams more than usual. I just think we need to test RFM slowly increase his minutes and get the best out of him...offers versatility and can play on the edge for 80 too. Perfect interchange IMO
Yh true, I don't think it really matters though as long as your 3 middles compliment each other and you have all bases covered. ATM I don't think our starting middle of Tolman/Napa/Elliott is anywhere near effective enough.. need a more explosive forward starting somewhere in there.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid has talent but he is hot and cold. Has to be far more consistent if he is to hold down a 1st grade spot. I am loving to omaga more and more as his confidence grows. Great post contact meters tonight & ran like his life depended on it. Welcome to 1st grade renouf!!!

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going off tonight and the limited time he has played there I think he has a lot more potential in the middle.
He was really good tonight. I like the idea of fit eighty minute back rowers and keep the middle fresh and the onslaught relentless.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Regardless of minutes, you need Tolman on the field if you have the likes of To'omaga and Smith on at the same time.

Tonight's bench rotation was the first time Pay has nailed it this year

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Not getting ahead of myself with RFM. Has shown promise before but can he put it together in multiple games is the question

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM has looked good the last couple of weeks.
He's in our best 17, be it as an edge or middle forward.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Was discussed earlier on here by a few of us as a potential move for him, two games in with limited minutes and he has looked very good. Anyone else thing this is a potent long-term option for us? Really give us something we're missing through the middle with his footwork, strength, pace and offloading ability. Hopefully he holds his spot and gets bigger minutes so we can get a better read on it. Finally something else that excites me about us right now..
You cop a lot of shit on this forum but you've suggested a lot of the positional changes, long before they were finally done, that have been successful for us (such as rfm).

I think you should give pay a call and tell him what to pick.