News Reynolds charged with DV

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
While they are far from the norm, false reports do occur.
That's a common misconception.
Family Courts actively encourage females to make false reports, which shits me to no end, as it is detrimental to actual victims.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And if this is true - add it to the list of failures that have come around with the #believeallwomen movement.

Because really - why not make it guilty, until proven innocent - because women do not lie apparently.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's a common misconception.
Family Courts actively encourage females to make false reports, which shits me to no end, as it is detrimental to actual victims.
Been there coped that. False allegations by my ex got me an AVO. Very convenient when trying to get access to my kids, but that was her ploy all along.

My uncle had it worse though. His ex lied in court and made allegations that he had done things to his daughter which were 100% lies. She even made her daughter lie about it who was only young at the time. His ex was caught out with her lies and the courts did absolutely nothing about it except tell her that she needed to get her facts straights and a slap on the wrist.

My uncle, after years of fighting in court and spending most of his money still never got to see his daughter. He ended up dying of a broken heart at 50. I think the stress over the years of fighting for her took it's toll. What's even sadder is the mother poisoned the girl so bad with manipulation and lies that the daughter didn't even come to his funeral.

He was a great bloke brought down by a crazy, narcissist bitch who destroyed him in the end.

Edit: I forgot to add my uncle's ex never wanted the kid in the first place. She only used her as a pawn to hurt my uncle because she knew how much his daughter ment to him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been there coped that. False allegations by my ex got me an AVO. Very convenient when trying to get access to my kids, but that was her ploy all along.

My uncle had it worse though. His ex lied in court and made allegations that he had done things to his daughter which were 100% lies. She even made her daughter lie about it who was only young at the time. His ex was caught out with her lies and the courts did absolutely nothing about it except tell her that she needed to get her facts straights and a slap on the wrist.

My uncle, after years of fighting in court and spending most of his money still never got to see his daughter. He ended up dying of a broken heart at 50. I think the stress over the years of fighting for her took it's toll. What's even sadder is the mother poisoned the girl so bad with manipulation and lies that the daughter didn't even come to his funeral.

He was a great bloke brought down by a crazy, narcissist bitch who destroyed him in the end.

Edit: I forgot to add my uncle's ex never wanted the kid in the first place. She only used her as a pawn to hurt my uncle because she knew how much his daughter ment to him.
I've got a mate that has a nasty bit of trash as an ex. They've got two kids together from 19 years back when she left him for another man. But anytime she needs money or work done she's quick to call him. It often seems like he's wizened up to her ways. But she conned him into paying her bond, taking time off work to move her furniture and helping out with her bond clean recently. After he'd done all that he asked her to dinner and she tells him that's fine if her new bf can come. He thought it might have been her giving him another shot at relationship redemption. He's a pretty intelligent bloke until she knocks on his door. Then he becomes an A grade moron.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all we know he could have raised his voice at her... she got frightened and called the cops... then they just hit you with a DV charge...
If a woman feels threatened by her partner even if it's just her perception then it's considered Domestic Violence.. It's fucked up and trivialises real domestic violence.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a mate that has a nasty bit of trash as an ex. They've got two kids together from 19 years back when she left him for another man. But anytime she needs money or work done she's quick to call him. It often seems like he's wizened up to her ways. But she conned him into paying her bond, taking time off work to move her furniture and helping out with her bond clean recently. After he'd done all that he asked her to dinner and she tells him that's fine if her new bf can come. He thought it might have been her giving him another shot at relationship redemption. He's a pretty intelligent bloke until she knocks on his door. Then he becomes an A grade moron.
Been there mate. I've spoke bout it a few times on here. Similar thing with my ex she ran off with another bloke. We also had 2 kids involved. At first I would do shit for her and help her out as i still had feelings for her and she knew how to manipulate me. She is cunning and I was somewhat retarded at that point. Anyway, It didn't happen for long as i quickly woke up to myself.

Anyhow, I've got a nice girlfriend these days who is a total champ and all my ex has done is popped out more kids and recently run off with another bloke. I do care about my ex, as I'm not completely heartless but its only as the mother of my kids. A side from that I wouldn't even piss on her. She's just a god damn succubus who'll put you through hell.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If a woman feels threatened by her partner even if it's just her perception then it's considered Domestic Violence.. It's fucked up and trivialises real domestic violence.
Yep, that's how I got my AVO. She "felt" threatened even though I hadn't once physically or verbally abused her or even threatened to do anything to her. But because she "felt" it that was enough. Thing is the cops will easily give out AVO's like they are participation awards but defending them is like a whole different ball game. I ended up just having to cop it and have it over my head for 12 months.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy chicks in fact are usually that way. That's the whole ying/yang of seeing a crazy chick. One minute she is playing with your balls, the next she is trying to cut them off.

My Dad told me "Son, never put your dick in crazy. For 5 minutes of fun they can give you a life time of hell"

It may not have been a life time but he was pretty right in what he was saying.
Hey 5 min is a long time....... for some :unamused:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, that's how I got my AVO. She "felt" threatened even though I hadn't once physically or verbally abused her or even threatened to do anything to her. But because she "felt" it that was enough. Thing is the cops will easily give out AVO's like they are participation awards but defending them is like a whole different ball game. I ended up just having to cop it and have it over my head for 12 months.
Feeling threatened is not violence. I feel sorry for you unless there's history of actual violence then it's unfair and unjust to cop that.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My Best mate separated from his misses when there little girl was 1 year old.

Now that i am a father, i see how it killed her to lose her husband, she was still breast feeding and all of a sudden he left.

Many years later (Ella is 14 now) i dont think she is over it, he has moved on and has 2 kids with his new partner.

She has taken him to court so many times for trivial shit, he is poor but he has 50% custody.

The most recent court case was her wanting 100% custody, she even tried to brainwash there daughter into saying she wanted to live with her full time, (The grandmother was in here ear every day too)

I turned up to court to support him and there daughter got up and simply said, i want to keep the same arrangements.

I have never seen her mother and grandmother so pissed, apparently they didn't speak to her for a month afterwards, sometimes people are cruel

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My Best mate separated from his misses when there little girl was 1 year old.

Now that i am a father, i see how it killed her to lose her husband, she was still breast feeding and all of a sudden he left.

Many years later (Ella is 14 now) i dont think she is over it, he has moved on and has 2 kids with his new partner.

She has taken him to court so many times for trivial shit, he is poor but he has 50% custody.

The most recent court case was her wanting 100% custody, she even tried to brainwash there daughter into saying she wanted to live with her full time, (The grandmother was in here ear every day too)

I turned up to court to support him and there daughter got up and simply said, i want to keep the same arrangements.

I have never seen her mother and grandmother so pissed, apparently they didn't speak to her for a month afterwards, sometimes people are cruel
That’s shit trying to brainwash kids
Absolutely petty
Seems the 14 year old is more grown up than the mother and grandmother

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feeling threatened is not violence. I feel sorry for you unless there's history of actual violence then it's unfair and unjust to cop that.
No history of it at all. The worst to happen would be both of us raising our voice at each other during a disagreement, and they were few and far between. It was unjust but unfortunately that's how the cookie crumbled in that situation.

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
For those that have, or know other that have faced injustice at the hands of the family court system, there is an inquiry going on atm.
Google for it and share your stories, as they're asking for them!
You can be the difference.

Last edited:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds to claim medication, not violence, caused bruising on partner

Wests Tigers playmaker Josh Reynolds will argue that "bruising" found on his ex-partner was not the result of violence, but instead a side-effect of "medication" she had been taking.

Mr Reynolds was present in Sutherland Local Count on Wednesday when a not guilty plea was entered for his domestic violence charge after allegations he had attacked his ex-partner, Arabella Del Busso, 29, in September. He allegedly left bruising on her right arm and left leg during the incident.

Mr Reynolds contacted police, Wests Tigers club officials and the NRL integrity unit a fortnight before he was officially charged to alert them of the potentially impending allegations.

Mr Reynolds is free to continue training with the Tigers before they finish up for the year next week, but said they would follow the lead of the NRL on the matter.

It is unclear whether Reynolds will be the subject of the NRL's stand-down policy, with CEO Todd Greenberg set to make "the final call" on the matter.

Under the league's policy, players charged with an offence which carries a maximum jail sentence of 11 years or more are able to be stood down until the matter is finalised in the courts. Mr Reynolds' charge, assault causing actual bodily harm (DV), carries a maximum penalty of five years.

Mr Greenberg stood down Manly Sea Eagles Dylan Walker over domestic violence allegations, as well as Panthers player Tyrone May who pleaded guilty to recording four sex tapes without the consent of the women in them, both of which carry maximum penalties of less than 11 years.

Just last year Mr Reynolds was named in the game's "Power for Change" campaign against domestic violence.

The case will return to Sutherland Local Court on July 23.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If it is proven that this woman did have bruises caused by medication and made up these allegations, she better get charged with some heavy shit.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is proven that this woman did have bruises caused by medication and made up these allegations, she better get charged with some heavy shit.
Nah, they never do. Somehow they can still play the victim even after they a proved wrong...