News Reuben Rennie

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck Cogger deal sorry for the kid... Huddersfield are shit... Wish he went to another club. Catalans could have even been good as I suspect new Hull FC coach Brett Hodgson will want to take Josh Drinkwater off Catalan as he had success with him in Wests reserve grade before he went to SL

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wish it was Jackson Ferris instead of Rennie... Just reserve grade depth anyways but at least Reuben is decent

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am happy to give Rennie a go in the centre. He has more upside than the incumbent.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No there isn’t I counted them all you dopey fuck.
500 players registered in nrl, the boys have thrown up 5 names. Thats 1 percent.
Things are tight, whos right and whos wrong.
Fuck some of u guys need a life, go give ya missus a decent fuck would be a start.
Tell her to thank me later.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The way i see it no harm in doing this, plus Baz must have had the final say to this happening so must like some parts of his game?
More competition can only be a good thing for some of our underachieving backline.
Not in the same class obviously but i had Matt Utai flashbacks watching him hitting the ball up in his highlights reel..and agree he has a decent offload.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
500 players registered in nrl, the boys have thrown up 5 names. Thats 1 percent.
Things are tight, whos right and whos wrong.
Fuck some of u guys need a life, go give ya missus a decent fuck would be a start.
Tell her to thank me later.
Theres plenty more than who i have named, i just gave an example.
My misses is good dont you worry about that

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a train and trial contract. That seems like a long way from even being a small part of the club's long term plans. He doesn't look terribly quick. But from the highlights video, he seems to be pretty powerful and can put others over the line with some of his offloads.

After letting Holland and Montoya go we're short on depth. I'll assume that Rennie is getting the chance for this reason. Whether he takes that chance and eventually earns an NRL debut is up to him. Plenty of others will be competing with him even for a run in reserves.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You know this might be part of a deal with Mounties as the feeder right?

We pick a couple of their best blokes to train and trial before sending them back to our feeder club or they jump out of the ground and get an NRL deal.

Don’t look too much into it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
100% if you are 24 and haven’t made a blip on the NRL radar then 99% you aren’t going to be a regular NRL player ever
Nasheed here,
That’s how it be, but should it?
At thirty I’m way more smarter than I was at 18. Couldn’t get a girl. Now I run trains through Islander chicks.
Also sometimes players bodies need extra time to develop and understand yourself in your own skin.

If you look at Cody Walker, he didn’t even emerge on anyone’s radar until he was like 26.

Even Daly cherry evans would have missed the boat in NSW.
I think halves especially can come good late.

that’s why semi pro comps like QLD cup are great.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He seems ok from the highlights. Powerful runner and that’s it. There must be reason he hasn’t made it yet. On a minimum he would provide decent cover for Hoppa & Cotric

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Used to play for us a few years back if im not mistaken. Rather give kids like schoupp a go before him
You are correct and was just a solid player who could go no further than NSW cup.

We also had his brother Vince as well whom we signed from the Storm

Rennie played NSW Cup at the Bulldogs but found first grade chances limited by the strength of front rowers James Graham, Sam Kasiano and Aiden Tolman.

"He comes with a lot of good references," Mantelli said.

"He was behind a fantastic front row at Bulldogs and felt he needed a new challenge to progress and we were able to offer him that opportunity."

He previously played for Melbourne Storm under-20s.