Return of Corey Harawira-Naera should be at Belmore

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One breath, the club didn’t stand by him (even though the NRL de-registered him).
Next breath, we need a major sponsor NOW
I’d love a decent reply and not some childish personal attack

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent post.

I'm reminded of when we released Willy Mason because we wouldn't allow him to get into a boxing ring for a stunt that could have sidelined him if he took a battering. He made a big song and dance, saying he wouldn't play for a club that wouldn't let him do what he wants in his own time. Nobody "owned" him.

He went to the Chooks, who welcomed him with open arms - and told him- "you don't do the boxing stunt while playing for us, either", and Willy said- "Sure. Whatever you say, boss".

SBW walked out on us; but was allowed to come back to the NRL and play for, guess which team?

The Dogs have a long history of doing the right thing, and the NRL undermining them by publicly supporting their disciplinary actions - but quietly allowing those same players back into the NRL, after the Dogs have replaced them and have no room in their cap to take them back. Barba was another example.

When I think of how the Broncos were allowed to keep Lodge, while we had to tear up the contracts of two players, I find it hard to believe the NRL administration offers all clubs a level playing field.
I don’t think I could put it any better myself.

so many arseholes have played for this club who have made them a name and then they shit all over our emblem.

still kills me anytime there is glowing talk of:

$BW
Mason
Barba
Klemmer
Pay (he didn’t have to bum up to Gould and Packer - Dogs would of looked after him)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

so many arseholes have played for this club who have made them a name and then they shit all over our emblem.

$BW
Mason
Barba
Klemmer
Pay (he didn’t have to bum up to Gould and Packer - Dogs would of looked after him)[/QU
Which probably highlights the folly of picking players on character and loyalty.

Recruit and pick the team based on most talented players as main selection criteria ...and be ruthless when they lose form and at extension time.

Loyalty can not to expected from either party so start running the team that way. No participation awards.

Two way street. Their form good for the team then re-sign. If we treat them well they are expected to keep their form and they'll want to stay.

They dont fit into that criteria then BFN.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

$BW
Mason
Barba
Klemmer
Pay (he didn’t have to bum up to Gould and Packer - Dogs would of looked after him)
Which probably highlights the folly of picking players on character and loyalty.

Recruit and pick the team based on most talented players as main selection criteria ...and be ruthless when they lose form and at extension time.

Loyalty can not be expected from either party so start running the team that way. No participation awards anymore.

Two way street. Their form good for the team then re-sign. If we treat them well they are expected to keep their form and they'll want to stay.

They dont fit into that criteria then BFN.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nrl love to kick us whether we are flying and more so when we are down, so
I have no doubt we will not have first option.
I believe they want us to fold!
Thanks mate, I'v known it for along time, Both the previous and current board's have bent over backwards, frontwards and side ways to appear squeaky clean, and earn respect, but have failed miserably.
I live in hope that both our Football and Leagues Club board's would take the matter seriously.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is Rashays our sponsor or did we take their threat seriously, sack CHN and still not get paid?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would he want to come back to a club that folded and provided no support to him? Best he utilises his great talents at a proper club

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would he want to come back to a club that folded and provided no support to him? Best he utilises his great talents at a proper club
We can only hope he has a soft spot for us and misses the boys. He’d look great in Canberra as a replacement for Bateman though

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure jounos troll here, i asked these same questions here last week, now its full media coverage . I dont have an issue with that, hoping they might be able to get those questions answered for us.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure jounos troll here, i asked these same questions here last week, now its full media coverage . I dont have an issue with that, hoping they might be able to get those questions answered for us.
Yeah, didnt you know that when they report that they have received 'word from insiders in the Bulldogs' they are talking about the Kennel?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Excellent post.

I'm reminded of when we released Willy Mason because we wouldn't allow him to get into a boxing ring for a stunt that could have sidelined him if he took a battering. He made a big song and dance, saying he wouldn't play for a club that wouldn't let him do what he wants in his own time. Nobody "owned" him.

He went to the Chooks, who welcomed him with open arms - and told him- "you don't do the boxing stunt while playing for us, either", and Willy said- "Sure. Whatever you say, boss".

SBW walked out on us; but was allowed to come back to the NRL and play for, guess which team?

The Dogs have a long history of doing the right thing, and the NRL undermining them by publicly supporting their disciplinary actions - but quietly allowing those same players back into the NRL, after the Dogs have replaced them and have no room in their cap to take them back. Barba was another example.

When I think of how the Broncos were allowed to keep Lodge, while we had to tear up the contracts of two players, I find it hard to believe the NRL administration offers all clubs a level playing field.
need to stay in fact here. Broncos didn't 'keep' Lodge. He was signed after the fact. Bennett put his case forward and like usual he got what he wanted (side note, this is the reason why I want Bennett at the dogs, he gets his own way).

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN would really click with Thompson I think. I reckon they would follow each other around like drovers dogs.