Return of Corey Harawira-Naera should be at Belmore

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club had no choice bro, as the nrl was de-registering him anyway. They made the decision for the club. I'm hoping behind closed doors we were supportive and have still maintained a good relationship with him. He was our only real gun edge forward. Spewing we lost him.
We couldn’t have done a JdB and waited for the outcome of the appeal? CHN was treated worse than people facing criminal charges all because people felt what he did was ‘wrong’. That for me seems like a very slippery slope that becomes very difficult to enforce

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nrl love to kick us whether we are flying and more so when we are down, so
I have no doubt we will not have first option.
I believe they want us to fold!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club had no choice bro, as the nrl was de-registering him anyway. They made the decision for the club. I'm hoping behind closed doors we were supportive and have still maintained a good relationship with him. He was our only real gun edge forward. Spewing we lost him.
Some of our other social media sites have reported he has taken down all photos if him in a Bulldogs jersey but left his other teams jerseys. That may indicate he has closed that door.

If it was Politis etc the NRL wouldnt be offering them "no choice, we're deregistering your players".

I feel sure other clubs would not have lost control of the outcome as ours did.

Our club has no clout anymore with weak leadership I'm afraid.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I was chn and Lynne contacted me, I know what I would do lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Doubtful as he's removed all his photos in Bulldogs gear from his social media profiles

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We couldn’t have done a JdB and waited for the outcome of the appeal? CHN was treated worse than people facing criminal charges all because people felt what he did was ‘wrong’. That for me seems like a very slippery slope that becomes very difficult to enforce
Different situation.
JdB still has a registered NRL contract pending his trial outcome. In the Dogs case the NRL de-registered the players and accordingly their Bulldog employment was made null and void. The Dogs only ever stood down the players pending investigation and took no further action in their own right.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different situation.
JdB still has a registered NRL contract pending his trial outcome. In the Dogs case the NRL de-registered the players and accordingly their Bulldog employment was made null and void. The Dogs only ever stood down the players pending investigation and took no further action in their own right.
Fair enough but do you think CHN’s punishment is fair?

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's hope that was the club asking him to so we can distance ourself from that situation till we find a sponsor or save the ones we were close to getting. Im only hoping this as I see him as a major loss. If there was a way the club could've supported him and not sack him and we didn't do that, then shame on them !
Doubtful as he's removed all his photos in Bulldogs gear from his social media profiles

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough but do you think CHN’s punishment is fair?
I think not all the facts were released publicly and hence it’s not easy to draw a complete conclusion without them. I can’t imagine the NRL made the decision without appropriate advice but the appeal process will determine that. Of course he’s a loss to our team, we sure could use him right now, but it’s out of the hands of the club for now.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you were privy to the discussion between CHN and the club following the NRL de registration you really don’t know. A possible issue is the Rashay sponsorship!

It would not surprise me, based on the way this matter has disappeared under the radar since it happened, if we were bringing him back. It may also explain why we didn’t go out and spend his money.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And once again the silence is deafening from the administration no leadership no clue

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And once again the silence is deafening from the administration no leadership no clue
the dogs has no choice, he was stood down and we were looking for sponsors .

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silence can be a good thing when you get the job done, however the board needs to realise that for supporters no news means bad news!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why mate? Maybe they can’t talk until the process is complete. That’s what Hill said on the radio - it’s out of the clubs hands. JO has had his hearing but a result ‘wasn’t expected for several weeks’ and I’m sure CHN’s hearing hasn’t even happened yet. That’s all on the NRL.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Silence can be a good thing when you get the job done, however the board needs to realise that for supporters no news means bad news!
Very true and I could cop the silence if they had a history of getting the job done but we just continue on our downward spiral without as much as a whimper from this administration

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why mate? Maybe they can’t talk until the process is complete. That’s what Hill said on the radio - it’s out of the clubs hands. JO has had his hearing but a result ‘wasn’t expected for several weeks’ and I’m sure CHN’s hearing hasn’t even happened yet. That’s all on the NRL.
Much like the pay situation they need to make a call for mine

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Coaching I agree.
The other one could be out of their hands.
Well why not come out and tell the fans weather they will or won’t support CHN returning to the dogs depending on the outcome his appeal.seeing this kid in another clubs jersey next year if he wins his appeal will burn me badly considering the fucking state we are in at the moment