Social Media Return for Reynolds??

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Back when all this started they said 2021 was when we had “clear air”. I thought by this stage we would have a fairly solid squad that would be on the edge of the 8 and then we go to the player market to find the 2 or 3 players that would put us over the top into top 4 contention. It just hasn’t happened. There has been a little bit of roster improvement but it does feel like they have just treaded water for the last couple of years. They will already have their excuses lined up too in corona and the port stuff. Other clubs don’t sit back and wait until everything is perfect they work around it and find ways.
other clubs dont insult potential players with ridiculous offers and tell them they will be playing behind the dud already in that position.
other clubs see what is needed to improve their side and go for it, we look at whats needed and go for someone of no value
other clubs have a plan, we have nothing
other clubs are aggressive in filling the following season roster, we are very poor
but its ok we have bulldogs dna

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
other clubs dont insult potential players with ridiculous offers and tell them they will be playing behind the dud already in that position.
other clubs see what is needed to improve their side and go for it, we look at whats needed and go for someone of no value
other clubs have a plan, we have nothing
other clubs are aggressive in filling the following season roster, we are very poor
but its ok we have bulldogs dna
Omg no wonder we are fucked. (If true). Seriously no wonder no one comes here. Who the fuck would want to be stuck behind idiots like Montoya and Elliot?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Back when all this started they said 2021 was when we had “clear air”. I thought by this stage we would have a fairly solid squad that would be on the edge of the 8 and then we go to the player market to find the 2 or 3 players that would put us over the top into top 4 contention. It just hasn’t happened. There has been a little bit of roster improvement but it does feel like they have just treaded water for the last couple of years. They will already have their excuses lined up too in corona and the port stuff. Other clubs don’t sit back and wait until everything is perfect they work around it and find ways.
Agree and that's what i said from the beginning but the usual suspects claimed there was so grand plan in place and no one was capable of doing any better under the circumstances.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol here we go with the cap excuse, biggest load of rubbish. Our recruitment is no where near good enough and some of you lot are way too easily fooled and giving this lot a free pass. I've said before what I think about our recruitment and honestly can't be bothered going over it again.
Hang on you said that the club can’t make competent signings and they have signed 3 internationals in the last 12 - 18 months. Hardly incompetent

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DWZ - winger getting paid as a fullback

Stimson - lol. His off season proved he was made to lool good at storm. Lucky for CHN being axed, only way he got into the 17.

Britt - jury is out. Potentially a good buy.

Meany - fullback playing wing. Could be a great FB. Will always be a below average winger

Thompson - could work out as much as he could flop. If he flops, alot of cap space wasted
it isn’t the boards fault where the coach picks the player and wasn’t CHN a competent signing as well?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Reynolds can come back on the staff?
Kicking coach? Anyone?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Omg no wonder we are fucked. (If true). Seriously no wonder no one comes here. Who the fuck would want to be stuck behind idiots like Montoya and Elliot?
more like stuck behind jmk, turpin is no superstar but was good enough to push andrew mccollough onto the bench

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A few things;
1. Does Reynolds always start his answers with ‘I’m not going to lie’

2. I’m not going to lie but our recruitment guy and his targets leave me scratching my head...busted, old or both must be the criteria

3. Is it possible for union players either Australia or NZ to allow some players to test themselves in the NRL on a short term contract? This would allow the NRL to pay or to up lost earnings these union players will suffer

I just thought recruitment wise need to be more creative/proactive and get shit done

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hang on you said that the club can’t make competent signings and they have signed 3 internationals in the last 12 - 18 months. Hardly incompetent
1. DWZ - a winger being paid more money to play fullback. Good player but signed to play the wrong role.

2. Thompson - hasn't done shit at NRL level, might be great might be average. Again might be another signed to play the wrong role.

3. Who?

I also couldn't care less if they're an international or any other type of rep, I only care about signing the right players in the right role.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. DWZ - a winger being paid more money to play fullback. Good player but signed to play the wrong role.

2. Thompson - hasn't done shit at NRL level, might be great might be average. Again might be another signed to play the wrong role.

3. Who?
3. CHN didn’t he play for NZ?

my point stands that they have attracted international players so can’t be that incompetent as for players playing in different positions or not being fit to start the season (Stimson) that’s on the coaching staff which will change soon enough if performances are the same or worse.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the rumour regarding Maloney and Teo potentially coming also. Heard all 3 names mentioned on radio today. Anyone heard anything on this?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What’s the rumour regarding Maloney and Teo potentially coming also. Heard all 3 names mentioned on radio today. Anyone heard anything on this?
Bulldogs need players. Teo and Maloney are just the 2 names the media have been suggesting would come back.

Add some quick math.

They then get Canterbury chasing them.

That's how you manufacture a story.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

my point stands that they have attracted international players so can’t be that incompetent as for players playing in different positions or not being fit to start the season (Stimson) that’s on the coaching staff which will change soon enough if performances are the same or worse.
CHN is gone, club couldn't get him to behave and then let the NRL deregister join, who cares about him at this stage.

No the entire lot is accountable, nobody told them to re-sign Pay, provide a mediocre team of support staff while being short staffed in other areas. Club is fucking shambles.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CHN is gone, club couldn't get him to behave and then let the NRL deregister join, who cares about him at this stage.

No the entire lot is accountable, nobody told them to re-sign Pay, provide a mediocre team of support staff while being short staffed in other areas. Club is fucking shambles.
So the recruitment of CHN wasn’t a shambles then which is what is being discussed.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it isn’t the boards fault where the coach picks the player and wasn’t CHN a competent signing as well?
Mate the CHN signing was a disgrace. He was damaged goods before he came. There is a reason Penrith wanted him gone.

That was not a successful signing. That was a dangerous one which panned out the way most Penrith supporters knew it would.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So the recruitment of CHN wasn’t a shambles then which is what is being discussed.
Was signing CHN successful? No.

A

Alexander the Great

this has to be a stitch up? He is old and Busted.............

Love the bloke but NO

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate the CHN signing was a disgrace. He was damaged goods before he came. There is a reason Penrith wanted him gone.

That was not a successful signing. That was a dangerous one which panned out the way most Penrith supporters knew it would.
Yes heard they weren't unhappy to see him go after a few off field incidents

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have done similar recruiting in the past.....Ricky Stuart and Brad Clyde 1999, lead to a successful early 2000's era. Brett Kimmorley 2009 couple of years later we make the grand final. Maloney would be a good signing for us

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Much easier to make the kiwi side over the Australian side

let’s start making some Aussie international signings

Yeah right won’t happen