Social Media Return for Reynolds??

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Reynolds was the heart and soul of the team. However, with his age and injury problems, and his possible salary,
he shouldnt be part of any rebuilding.
If the Tigpies are willing to pay most of his salary, I'd take him. But he's on $750,000 (or thereabouts) per year, and there's no way the Tigpies will pay even half of that for him to pay for another club.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rapana more likely to Tigers to reunite Leipana combo

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds shits all over Lewis and Cogger combined....

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Tigpies are willing to pay most of his salary, I'd take him. But he's on $750,000 (or thereabouts) per year, and there's no way the Tigpies will pay even half of that for him to pay for another club.
I'm not so sure. If a club is prepared to pay say $350k and Tigpies stump up the other $400k, that still gives them $350k to spend on a player that they actually want to keep. Like an up and coming junior. Not ideal to be paying $400k to a player that is playing at another club but either is a reggie on $750k.

You know it makes sense!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But he's still shit...so no :grinning:
But. If he does come back. The kennel will be a much happier place with your blow ups hahaha

Oh and i promise I won't gee you up after he runs 20m sideways then 1m forward

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds is basically Lewis without the ability to tackle. No ball playing ability and a shit running game. Would be a huge step backwards for the club if he was to return.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way Reynolds should come back in the team is if these boxes are ticked
1. We pay 1/3rd of current salary
2. He brings back some mongrel.
3. Bench utility , if he’s firing and fit let’s not lie he’s a great impact player.

if pay sees him as the future then that’ll do me yeah he’s a doggie but fuck we need some flare, my biggest fear is we let Lewis go and he goes somewhere under Bellamy or seibild or Bennett and kills it . Say what you want he’s unorthodox but he can pull off the big plays , he’s just hot and cold . Wakeham, cogger and Averillo are all suited to partner foran

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds is basically Lewis without the ability to tackle. No ball playing ability and a shit running game. Would be a huge step backwards for the club if he was to return.
No, Reynolds can actually run the ball. Lewis is to scared too... and I don't want Josh back

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But he's still shit...so no :grinning:
True but goes to show how bad we currently are that somebody else's shit is better than the shit we have combined.....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We would become the new Wests Tigers if that was to happen. Bringing back washed up players thinking the glory days are coming back.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was sad to see him go but didn't blame him, the money was far too good !
Now...Certain positions are in desperate need to be filled with marquee players...
I would be very angry if by bringing him back he would get in the way of achieving our goals !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But. If he does come back. The kennel will be a much happier place with your blow ups hahaha

Oh and i promise I won't gee you up after he runs 20m sideways then 1m forward
He's more busted than Foz, wouldn't even make it onto the pitch lol. He can come back as an ambassador or some shit, but defenitely not in a player/coaching role.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL 2020: Bulldogs linked with Josh Reynolds, James Maloney, Ben Te’o
Canterbury will have space in their salary cap in 2021 and former dog Josh Reynolds is one of several star players linked to the club with COVID-19 leaving their futures uncertain.

Canterbury favourite and Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds could make a shock return to Belmore this season as the Bulldogs start post-COVID moves to beef-up their modest playing roster.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Reynolds is among a list of high-profile players that also includes James Maloney, Jordan Rapana and Ben Te’o, who have been floated to the Bulldogs as potential signings.

The Bulldogs have space in their salary cap for this year following the deregistration of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor, and will be able to wield their cheque book for 2021 when they will have millions of dollars to spend on new talent.

The COVID-19 shutdown of codes around the world has left the futures of the likes of Maloney, Te’o and Canberra-bound Rapana uncertain.

The Daily Telegraph understands up to 12 players are being pushed toward Canterbury by rival clubs and player managers.

Other players are also expected to switch clubs through a frustration at playing limited footy in a shortened season.

Reynolds, who attended the Tigers’ education day on Monday, has stated previously he would crave a return to Canterbury although he still has two seasons remaining on his Wests Tigers deal.

There is interest from Canterbury although any discussions are preliminary.

At 31, a Canterbury comeback would provide Reynolds with an emotional final season or two in rugby league although the Bulldogs and Wests Tigers have yet to engage in any formal talks.

It is the third time in the past 12 months Reynolds has been linked to a return to Belmore where he played between 2011 and 2017. In July last year, Wests told Reynolds — on a four-year deal worth about $3m at Concord — to look for another club.

At the time Reynolds said: “I’m not going to lie, in a perfect world I get to finish my career where it all started (at Canterbury).”

Clearly Canterbury wouldn’t pay the full contract should the Bulldogs seek to lure Reynolds home.

Canterbury will have spots available in their roster but the club remains careful of moving on any big-name players until the reduced NRL salary cap for next season is finalised.

Maloney is in the first year of a three-season deal with Super League club Catalans. He hasn’t sought a release and appears happy in the south of France but that hasn’t stopped his name being pressed upon the Bulldogs.

One well informed source said some players may not even know they’re being shopped around.

“Canterbury has spots to fill and every club knows that,” the source said. “The Bulldogs have a heap of players being thrown up to them. The club will look at each player but isn’t chasing any of them aggressively just yet.

“Others in the game are asking Canterbury whether they would consider the players and the club said ‘yes’.”

Rapana, 30, is expected to sign a short-term deal with Canberra for 2020 but could be available for next season. His Japanese rugby union competition – where he represents Panasonic Wild Knights — has been cancelled through coronavirus.

Te’o, 33, is considering a return to the NRL after a successful stint with English rugby union. He was part of South Sydney’s 2014 premiership-winning side.

Like Rapana, Te’o is searching for some footy after his Japanese rugby side, the Sunwolves, only played several games this season before COVID-19 ended the competition.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...o/news-story/4f40f013d06e9569a5291cdc49c28eb0

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL 2020: Bulldogs linked with Josh Reynolds, James Maloney, Ben Te’o
Canterbury will have space in their salary cap in 2021 and former dog Josh Reynolds is one of several star players linked to the club with COVID-19 leaving their futures uncertain.

Canterbury favourite and Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds could make a shock return to Belmore this season as the Bulldogs start post-COVID moves to beef-up their modest playing roster.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Reynolds is among a list of high-profile players that also includes James Maloney, Jordan Rapana and Ben Te’o, who have been floated to the Bulldogs as potential signings.

The Bulldogs have space in their salary cap for this year following the deregistration of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor, and will be able to wield their cheque book for 2021 when they will have millions of dollars to spend on new talent.

The COVID-19 shutdown of codes around the world has left the futures of the likes of Maloney, Te’o and Canberra-bound Rapana uncertain.

The Daily Telegraph understands up to 12 players are being pushed toward Canterbury by rival clubs and player managers.

Other players are also expected to switch clubs through a frustration at playing limited footy in a shortened season.

Reynolds, who attended the Tigers’ education day on Monday, has stated previously he would crave a return to Canterbury although he still has two seasons remaining on his Wests Tigers deal.

There is interest from Canterbury although any discussions are preliminary.

At 31, a Canterbury comeback would provide Reynolds with an emotional final season or two in rugby league although the Bulldogs and Wests Tigers have yet to engage in any formal talks.

It is the third time in the past 12 months Reynolds has been linked to a return to Belmore where he played between 2011 and 2017. In July last year, Wests told Reynolds — on a four-year deal worth about $3m at Concord — to look for another club.

At the time Reynolds said: “I’m not going to lie, in a perfect world I get to finish my career where it all started (at Canterbury).”

Clearly Canterbury wouldn’t pay the full contract should the Bulldogs seek to lure Reynolds home.

Canterbury will have spots available in their roster but the club remains careful of moving on any big-name players until the reduced NRL salary cap for next season is finalised.

Maloney is in the first year of a three-season deal with Super League club Catalans. He hasn’t sought a release and appears happy in the south of France but that hasn’t stopped his name being pressed upon the Bulldogs.

One well informed source said some players may not even know they’re being shopped around.

“Canterbury has spots to fill and every club knows that,” the source said. “The Bulldogs have a heap of players being thrown up to them. The club will look at each player but isn’t chasing any of them aggressively just yet.

“Others in the game are asking Canterbury whether they would consider the players and the club said ‘yes’.”

Rapana, 30, is expected to sign a short-term deal with Canberra for 2020 but could be available for next season. His Japanese rugby union competition – where he represents Panasonic Wild Knights — has been cancelled through coronavirus.

Te’o, 33, is considering a return to the NRL after a successful stint with English rugby union. He was part of South Sydney’s 2014 premiership-winning side.

Like Rapana, Te’o is searching for some footy after his Japanese rugby side, the Sunwolves, only played several games this season before COVID-19 ended the competition.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...o/news-story/4f40f013d06e9569a5291cdc49c28eb0
Only one I’d take is Te’o