Retiring Players Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I miss how it used to be done.

I remember one year - 2010 I think from memory, every player retiring was sitting a the back of Toyota Hilux ute that was being very slowly - something like 5-10 km/h as they were going around the field. Kind of like a lap of honor. It was awesome. 10-15 utes just driving the players around very slowly. I don't like this hole thing of their name on a flag and they walk to the stage. It should revert back to the way it was.

Also, I used to LOVE how the military chopper would come into the ground, hover above the turf, do a 360 as a salute, then fly away.

Why do they change stuff that works perfectly?

Up yours, NRL!

Wahesh

Reaction score
They change things so some people can justify having their jobs not necessarily to make things better.
There was nothing wrong with the way it was before. It was freaking awesome!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was nothing wrong with the way it was before. It was freaking awesome!
Correct - it showed them the respect they deserve rather than a here they are, now get off the ground & don't come back.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can you imagine the freakin' jizzfest when CAAAAAMMMM Smith retires.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Can you imagine the freakin' jizzfest when CAAAAAMMMM Smith retires.
Yep. I remember when Darren Lockyer retired, I think that was the last year they had the Hilux's. Every Hilux that went around had 2 players in the back of them. I remember Bobcat was with some other player. Then lo-and-be-FUCKING-hold... King Darren Lockyer comes out last and has his own Hilux to himself! Fucken over-rated cane toad!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep. I remember when Darren Lockyer retired, I think that was the last year they had the Hilux's. Every Hilux that went around had 2 players in the back of them. I remember Bobcat was with some other player. Then lo-and-be-FUCKING-hold... King Darren Lockyer comes out last and has his own Hilux to himself! Fucken over-rated cane toad!
If they have the cars when CAMMMMMMM retires they will probably give him a lap for every game he has played, every award he has won, every forward pass he has thrown and every game he has had an influence on the officials......

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem elmagic, had a good send off!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hazem elmagic, had a good send off!
I can't remember what happened? I know the Bulldogs made him a good tribute video but what did the NRL do?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's cause no **** wanted to ride with him

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I enjoyed the last home game of the season.. All the players paraded around and greeted the fans which I hadn't seen for a long time if ever under Hasler..
Some people reckon it Wasn't Hasler holding them back , it was just the players needing to focus on the season like they're some Leonardo DiCaprio type method actors or something.. Funny how as soon as hasler lost his grip on the team they started mixing with the fans again.

A shout-out to Kasiano who did occasionally mix with the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.