Retirement from kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you to the reasonable people I have enjoyed discussing Bulldog issues with over the years.

Unfortunately, I will not be part of the Kennel any more. The attacks on the characters of people who cannot defend themselves, and the personal and puerile vitriol that now pervades this discussion group smears our good name.

I have grown tired of the clowns who think that they are so clever by disguising four-letter insults with deliberate miss-spelling; and defending their actions with vile and petty personal put-downs.

Instead of a forum on football, this is becoming a faux-facebook page.

The Kennel has dumbed itself down by not filtering out these clowns.

I want no part of it.

I did enjoy the intelligent posts, and exchange of ideas. I learned a lot about the players, particularly the lower grades which don't get much coverage.

Farewell, and best wishes to all the intelligent forum readers.

The predictable responses to this post will prove my point.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The off season always turns this place to crap man, things will get better when the season starts.

But I fully agree with you that there is not enough moderation here.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best of luck mate. For the most part I agree with you, which is why I don't contribute on here all too often.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, as your posts are well constructed and well thought out.

Thanks for your contributions over the years, they certainly haven't gone un-noticed.

Unfortunately many forums are turning the same way, and in many ways it's probably a social shift towards those that presume that "it's online I can get away saying anything".

As for the moderation, it is a very thin line. Over moderate and people complain. Under moderate and people complain. About the best us moderators can offer, is that if you see something that seems offensive or out of place, just hit the triangle with the exclamation mark under the users name, and report the post to us. If it's completely offensive the post can be removed, else discussed more in depth with fellow moderators. As all the moderators are volunteers, not always is someone online to catch a comment straight away.

Re hidden words. The swear filter comes and goes here it seems, but if it really is that offensive, again report the post, and if the user has deliberately gone out of their way to get around the filter, a warning or infraction can be issued.

Again, sorry to see you go, and also sorry to see others feel this place is changing for the worse. We do what we can, and at the end of the day, are more than welcome to hear feedback from any of you on the site.

If you don't feel like discussing any issues out in the open, feel free to PM a moderator / administrator (as per this list: http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showgroups.php) and we can raise the issue in the Mods area for discussion.

Cheers and all the best mate!

- Mr Invisible

N

Natboy

All the best Chris. I am pretty new here and do enjoy the site.
I used to moderate on a large site and find the moderating here very selective based on topics sensitive to certain mods and some people get away with murder because their insults are racist but not racist against certain races for example.
I'll admit I stir people with obvious short fuses and like getting reactions but I try to contribute the best I can also with the limited access I have to information & my knowledge/experience of high level football.
Hopefully you come back during the season and enjoy the site again

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah It's a shame immaturity is so rampant on this forum!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see your point. Unfortunately, every time Mr I flexes his mod muscle, he gets hammered for it. It's a lose lose for the mods here.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Laters mate, aslong as you support the Dogs you are here with spirit hehe!

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
This really isn't Bulldogs News > Lounge?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol @ people that take the internet so seriously.

Thread moved (should have moved it to the bin...)

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol @ people that take the internet so seriously.

Thread moved (should have moved it to the bin...)
Moe you could of been a sh!t Mod and just left it in Bulldogs Discussion.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Take it easy mate.

I am sure once the season kicks back in and this place starts to fire again you will be back. Where else can you go? BnW? Ack!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I blame Ahmed1

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, this drama queen thread should be moved.
lol ... Chris mate I like you and respect your opinion like i do every one elses, but at the end of the day we are all not same and was given an advice repeatedly on this forum " Dont be so emotional and dont take this forum too seriously, it is only cyber space anyway"

Status
Not open for further replies.