(Report) Dogs Close In On Kiwi Gun - Linked To TPJ

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe if we can get Hodgson next season and Burton hits the ground running, then our spine will be ok next season so long as Flannagan puts his head down now and works his arse off on his game between now and then.

Think Jake will grow nicely into our attacking fullback but may need to initially switch with Allan between centre and full back in defence.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On where he is at now Flanno cannot be our fucking halfback.. ugghhh.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need a gun halfback if we have other strong players in the spine. Just someone who can play at a first grade standard and manage the game.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't need a gun halfback if we have other strong players in the spine. Just someone who can play at a first grade standard and manage the game.
Who are these other strong players in our spine????
Atm we have,
Matty who will be good, great even but developing
Avo potentially at fullback? Hasn't played a game there lol
9 JMK?
And Flanno at 7
Your kidding yeh?

Alarm bells starting to ring because IF we don't get some quality spine players we're up shit creek still.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lodge cant find a careerlifelin in oz, hiscareer is over. They wont be letting him into the UK with his rap sheet, and i would assume the same goes forNZ. Suck shit. He should have never been allowed to come back to the game imo.
Agree
He should be doing 10 years on Rikers Island

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know what people watch… the kid deadset is the worst half in the Comp that’s including nsw cup. If anyone has watched his last 2 games in reggies they’ll know what we see. Unless a miracle occurs abd he can somehow play average then maybe. But atm he is so far behind he needs to step down from nsw cup also.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How many 50/50 players have we signed thinking we can get the best out of them and it doesn't happen. If TPJ signs I hope this isn't another case, we have so many players with "potential".

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club wants to sign TPJ I hope they have a good long talk to him, to assess his attitude, and how he feels about our club.
He could be the best or worst signing ever for our club.
He could be a player that needs constant mothering and assurances, even the toughest of players often do.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can sign tpj, Haas, talmalolo they won't have a difference without a fucking spine.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing is we can’t even get the best out of atoni and he is just as big and skilful as tpj. I doubt this club will get the best out of him. Seems like those days are long gone

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be going for Widdop to partner Burto for 2 years . Plenty experiance and good mentor to take a heap of pressure off.
By then Rajab and BBO coming through and along with some roster changes over the 2 years we could be looking good and exciting.

TPJ be ok for ok money not overs.
Not much available.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a Tallis fan, but what he is suggesting is that if he outs them, with full dirty details, for backstabbing their coach that no other coach will want them. He has a point.

Always a Bulldogs
And tbh, when he outed Robbie nothing happened. He still got signed for Souths if i recall correctly.

Just like here, if he outs TPJ all it will do will drop his price a tad, maybe. Desperate clubs will still sign him because he does have immense potential.

Tallis acting like he can stop them getting a job is a joke.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw that article about Tallis the other day.

The guy has retired and he left the Broncos years ago. Move on ... he's the annoying ex that hangs around simply to try to remain close friends even though they never will be.

I'll bet he had zero interest in naming the ex-player spreading the rumours about Seibold.
Hes forgotten what he did to the Dragons.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m 50/50 on this
Should the club have just given him the 600k 1.2 over two years as he originally wanted and just got the deal done
Or did we offer a reasonable 500k 1m deal and he chose to return home for less (450) as it was in the vicinity of dogs offer and cheaper living in nzld, family etc
The position we are in now we just got to get a deal done and not haggle over 50-100k for a SPINE player.

600k > 450 which is a substantial 150k a year difference might have got the job done