Replacements for Morris brothers 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rts and Latrell Mitchell. That would put me in jizz heaven.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to replace the Morris twins, but surely Edrick Lee would be some decent depth for us and not for a lot of money.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's wrong with Kerrod holland. Nah just kidding. Get Garry Lo on the cheap. He could be the next Marcus Bai.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a lot of money because he sucks
I always saw him as a good finisher and strong in the air but due to Sharks backline, couldn't get a crack?

Also, 75 first grade games under his belt, more than I thought to be honest....

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I always saw him as a good finisher and strong in the air but due to Sharks backline, couldn't get a crack?

Also, 75 first grade games under his belt, more than I thought to be honest....
Hey that is a lot more than i thought as well. Yep i saw him as a good finisher as well but didn’t show me anything else really. I’d rather an 18 yo rookie than him, though

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I'll eat my words and say RTS has to be prioroty no.1 if Mbye doesnt work out at fb.

Honestly thought his leg injuries had got the better of him but he has been very impressive for the Kiwis.

Cheaper options

Jacob Gagai (Lakes United) was a standout for under 23 country v Samoa.

R Jennings had a good finish to the year.

Javid Bowen has some natural talent and runs hard.

Kato Ottio (left centre for PNG) has plenty of size and speed. Would like to see against stronger opposition but is unsigned beyond this year at the Raiders

Malakai Watene Zalezniak will be one to watch if he follows his brothers footsteps.

Esan Masters had a bit of go about him in the centres and 2nd row

Jamayne Isaako wasnt that impressive for the Broncos when given a chance but was the Intrust Cup player of the year and has plenty of natural attacking flair

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll eat my words and say RTS has to be prioroty no.1 if Mbye doesnt work out at fb.

Honestly thought his leg injuries had got the better of him but he has been very impressive for the Kiwis.

Cheaper options

Kato Ottio (left centre for PNG) has plenty of size and speed. Would like to see against stronger opposition but is unsigned beyond this year at the Raiders

Malakai Watene Zalezniak will be one to watch if he follows his brothers footsteps.

Jamayne Isaako wasnt that impressive for the Broncos when given a chance but was the Intrust Cup player of the year and has plenty of natural attacking flair
Dessie tried to sign Javid Bowen

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey that is a lot more than i thought as well. Yep i saw him as a good finisher as well but didn’t show me anything else really. I’d rather an 18 yo rookie than him, though
He's 25 also, I thought he was like 21/22?

Like you said, you'd think there's an 18yo gun out there somewhere worth giving a crack to.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Mbye fails at fullback then we release him to the Knights in exchange for Ponga.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You never know. Last year they were less injury prone than usual, and at times looked decent in attack, like the rest of the team. If the team is rolling well, they go well. Probably because they get more quality ball then. Under a new coach they might find a new lease of life. So i will call their replacements when i know they are going. There are heaps of centres and wingers around at any given time in any case. We usually have plenty around the club too, from the reserves or under 20s. Brenko is unlikely to start this year if everyone is fit, due to Mbye, BMoz, JMoz, Hopoate, Montoya surely being the starters. Lee could replace a Mozz if he kicks on and gets his defence right, when the time comes (he can already attack good)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Morris twins turn 32 before the season will finish. Doesn't matter how they are going, we need to look towards the future.

Aceman

Waterboy
Reaction score
There is strong mail that RTS will be in the blue and white in 2019.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think he'll come bro. I read somewhere/heard from tv commentators that he left Cronulla to get away from the area/scene. Being back in Sydney probably won't help that.
Read that too but that was when he was coming through the lower grades. His parents were all for that. Think we'd be talking about a different situation now given he's a bit older and now established.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Morris twins turn 32 before the season will finish. Doesn't matter how they are going, we need to look towards the future.
I wouldnt say they have 5 years left. But 2 isnt impossible. I want to see how they run next year before i call them over the hill.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solomone Kata has shown glimpses of potential and could improve under a better coach.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Cheaper options

Marsters is a future star... Playing centre atm but will eventually build to be one devastating backrower with some serious vision and skill.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldnt say they have 5 years left. But 2 isnt impossible. I want to see how they run next year before i call them over the hill.
You would give them a 1 yr extension in a heart beat on a revised salary..

Status
Not open for further replies.