Opinion Renters...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My sister and I are starting to discuss this issue. Dads healthy and well and the Biggest Dogs fan going but not getting any younger and we need a plan so there are the minimum amount of stress for everyone. My sister lives with Dad (poor Dad) with a 3 year old and he is more than happy to have them there as I reckon it keeps him young. BUT me and my sister have discussed what the layout will be (we are equal 50/50 in the will) but my sister has said she will never move from there but she can’t afford to pay me out. The house is probably worth $1.2 million but I can see so many dramas on the horizon and that’s not being greedy it’s mainly about my beloved father. He wouldn’t want conflict but I don’t think my sister is going to be reasonable.
Dude I know you love your sister but you need to tell her she can't have it both ways. Plus a house is probably a bit too big for 2 people, so her half of the will, $600,000, is more than enough to buy a good apartment somewhere.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
When the day finally comes.
Your sister is going to pull a stunt.
I hope I am wrong but it's happened before.

I know you're not greedy but money changes people.
I'm in a similar boat.
I need to pull my sister aside and grab her by the jugular and ask for her reassurance she will do the right thing when the unfortunate day comes!
Her response is well you own a unit and I never will so suck it up and think about your niece. I don’t want drama but I didn’t decide to get pregnant as a single mother I just worked hard and got my own mortgage so why should I get punished for that whilst you just keep cruising through life?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers it’s going to be a shit fight. No she doesn’t pay rent and would not be able to pay me rent.
Just be careful.
I've heard many stories on unreasonable siblings.
Even my older brother tried contesting the will of my grandparents.

He was living rent free for over 15 years with them.
When my mum and aunt wanted to sell he tried pulling a stunt with a court order so he could stay and keep the house.

Another friend of mine had something similar happen when his mum died.
His sister contested the will and got more of the inheritance.

I have another mate who refuses to become a home owner because he remembers the bickering and break up of his family all grubbing over his granfathers assests!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Her response is well you own a unit and I never will so suck it up and think about your niece. I don’t want drama but I didn’t decide to get pregnant as a single mother I just worked hard and got my own mortgage so why should I get punished for that whilst you just keep cruising through life?
EXACTLY. Actions have consequences.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Offer her the unit in exchange for the house. She should be grateful. But probably not lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I can tell your sister is already going to be unreasonable.
Go get yourself a good lawyer.
Just by your posts I can see shit isn't going to go well.

Doesn't matter if you own an apartment or not?
Go sell your apartment and piss all the money away in the pokies then tell her you need your half now! Lol

Regardless of the circumstances it's upto the person who creates the stipulations.
You're right she's not more entitled than you.
You don't deserve to be punished for many hours of fighting morning and afternoon commutes, to help make others rich while battlingyto keep your head at the surface!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just be careful.
I've heard many stories on unreasonable siblings.
Even my older brother tried contesting the will of my grandparents.

He was living rent free for over 15 years with them.
When my mum and aunt wanted to sell he tried pulling a stunt with a court order so he could stay and keep the house.

Another friend of mine had something similar happen when his mum died.
His sister contested the will and got more of the inheritance.

I have another mate who refuses to become a home owner because he remembers the bickering and break up of his family all grubbing over his granfathers assests!
I have one. There's this guy I know who had no family in Australia except for 1 nephew who lived down in Wollongong. Anyway he had a family friend here in Sydney. This man passed away and as he had no one else, he left his house and everything to that family. In his will, he specifically said, that his nephew in Wollongong (who never came to visit him) is to receive NOTHING. Specifically. NOTHING. His nephew found out that he passed away and contested the will against the family who was to receive everything.

There was a lot of legal drama involved, lawyers, law firms, court etc... and the process just seemed to drag on. The family had enough and decided to just do an out of court settlement to get it over with. They agreed to pay him $10,000. He accepted it and went on his way. The family's legal fees for that entire process cost $75,000 - so they were out of pocket $85,000 due to someone's greed. Can you tell me how that's fair?

I think that if someone has a will, NO ONE has a right to contest it, because it's what they want to do with THEIR assets. FMD this makes me burn.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Offer her the unit in exchange for the house. She should be grateful. But probably not lol
My joint is probably worth the same as Dads and I worked to live in Lewisham I don’t want to live in Riverwood. I grew up there and love it but don’t want to live there. She can go and get a job and use her money to better her life and I don’t want conflict as I love my sister but fuck.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@N4TE
Also tell your sister not to guilt trip you into keeping the place trying to say you're going to make your niece homeless.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My joint is probably worth the same as Dads and I worked to live in Lewisham I don’t want to live in Riverwood. I grew up there and love it but don’t want to live there. She can go and get a job and use her money to better her life and I don’t want conflict as I live my sister but fuck.
Dude... I don't blame you for not wanting to live in Riverwood. I grew up not too far from you in Campsie, and loved it. It's a part of who I am, and I have fond nostalgic memories from that place, but the Campsie that I know and love only exists in my head, the suburb it is today isn't the same suburb I grew up in.

Speaking of Riverwood, I was there just last night. Impossible to find parking in the shopping area.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have one. There's this guy I know who had no family in Australia except for 1 nephew who lived down in Wollongong. Anyway he had a family friend here in Sydney. This man passed away and as he had no one else, he left his house and everything to that family. In his will, he specifically said, that his nephew in Wollongong (who never came to visit him) is to receive NOTHING. Specifically. NOTHING. His nephew found out that he passed away and contested the will against the family who was to receive everything.

There was a lot of legal drama involved, lawyers, law firms, court etc... and the process just seemed to drag on. The family had enough and decided to just do an out of court settlement to get it over with. They agreed to pay him $10,000. He accepted it and went on his way. The family's legal fees for that entire process cost $75,000 - so they were out of pocket $85,000 due to someone's greed. Can you tell me how that's fair?

I think that if someone has a will, NO ONE has a right to contest it, because it's what they want to do with THEIR assets. FMD this makes me burn.
It's true what all my wog mates used to say in high school.
This country is a stupid Skippy convict backward nation.

How many other countries reward psychopaths and peadophiles on a grand scale like Australia?

We are definitely a top 5 western nation of stupidity!
Piss the union jack off our flag and any association with U.K.

They're the worst.
They started this rubbish with the perpetrator being the victim!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Dude... I don't blame you for not wanting to live in Riverwood. I grew up not too far from you in Campsie, and loved it. It's a part of who I am, and I have fond nostalgic memories from that place, but the Campsie that I know and love only exists in my head, the suburb it is today isn't the same suburb I grew up in.

Speaking of Riverwood, I was there just last night. Impossible to find parking in the shopping area.
@Doogie @whaesh 2210 ha ha can you believe $1.1 million

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

My dad used to date a woman from Campsie.
I spent a few weekends there in the 1990's.
The only thing good about it was time zone was a short walk away.

I remember you would often catch a whiff of the Cooks River every now and again.
Do you ever get used to the smell?

I don't think I ever could?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Mate that's really anywhere in Sydney these days lol. You're pretty much valuing the land and what people could build on it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
My dad used to date a woman from Campsie.
I spent a few weekends there in the 1990's.
The only thing good about it was time zone was a short walk away.

I remember you would often catch a whiff of the Cooks River every now and again.
Do you ever get used to the smell?

I don't think I ever could?
I could never smell anything from Cooks River. The river was actually in Canterbury and I lived as close to Canterbury as possible without ever crossing the border.

Timezone was great, I remember they used to have a sign on there during school days saying that kids are not to attend during school hours because kids would jig school and go there lol. I also remember when I was in primary school, McDonalds (which was right next door) used to host combo parties, so a meal at McDonalds plus 2 games at Timezone. So many people used to do that for their parties back then lol.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone is trying to sell a villa in Riverwood they want 1.1 million for it.

Are they mad?
You can get a villa at Bexley right now only a 15 minute walk from Kogarah and Rockdale for 200k less!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I could never smell anything from Cooks River. The river was actually in Canterbury and I lived as close to Canterbury as possible without ever crossing the border.

Timezone was great, I remember they used to have a sign on there during school days saying that kids are not to attend during school hours because kids would jig school and go there lol. I also remember when I was in primary school, McDonalds (which was right next door) used to host combo parties, so a meal at McDonalds plus 2 games at Timezone. So many people used to do that for their parties back then lol.
I guess you must of lived far enough away not to smell it? At the side where it becomes concrete it smells worse than a tip!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Someone is trying to sell a villa in Riverwood they want 1.1 million for it.

Are they mad?
You can get a villa at Bexley right now only a 15 minute walk from Kogarah and Rockdale for 200k less!
It’s a pretty nice 3 bedroom house quarter acre block two bathrooms big backyard front yard ect.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a pretty nice 3 bedroom house quarter acre block two bathrooms big backyard front yard ect.
1.1 million is a bit steep for a villa around Riverwood imo.
Would definitely buy a house with a good block of land on it for that price though.

As far as I'm concerned prices in Sydney are a joke!
I showed some friends in America what homes go for here and they fell over.

For the price we pay for a home here you can buy a house in Indianapolis and pay off one third of a second property!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
@Wahesh have you seen this guy?
Apparently he's been on the news

I always new the Cooks river was a cesspool.
Even more reason to be careful where you buy in Sydney?

If you live too close to the most toxic region of the Cooks river you're susceptible to breathing in toxins that can cause tuberculosis and every other form of cancer known to man!

@Blue_boost Back me up here!
Would you want to live at the confluence of the mighty toxic Cooks for top dollar?

If you watch the video I posted you might be able to find enough loose change floating around to pay off a house? Lol

Last edited: