Opinion Renters...

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear this shit is happening to you.
I hope your wife’s grandmother outlives the money from the house.
Let the grubs have the one bedroom home in St Mary’s.

I used to be from St Mary’s.
People call it a hole.
Well it literally is a hole now!

I don’t care what anyone thinks?
Money changes people and when the Father and Mother move to the next life.
In this life the true colours of most will be revealed!
They will no longer be able to hide in the sheep skin!

beware of the one family member who decides to live with an elderly family member as they get to the back end of their life!
So I one one day am going to experience this. Sister had a kid single mother her choice. Was lucky enough to move in with my farther who is not getting any younger. My mother and him separated but all amicably ect. Anyway she has now gone almost five years now raising her daughter at his house but with no foreseeable intention of getting a job ect. It is what it is I can’t force her. But when I mentioned the topic of we should have a plan just so it’s easy for everyone she said well what do you mean? I said well what’s the plan with the property because I believe it’s 50/50 down the middle but you live there? She said well I want to stay here with my daughter. I don’t have children yet and yes I own a nice two bedroom apartment with the missus but this is a three bedroom house with massive backyards and front yards garage so wo bathrooms ect ect ect. And she just would be intent with living there forever without working again. The thing is it should just be sold but she has lived there rent and mortgage free for 5 years and she will not go easily at all as she is comfortable. What do you bloody do? Especially when it’s a significant amount of money we would both get if it just got sold. Just because I worked my arse off I shouldn’t be punished. We get along very well as well but I can see where it’s going to end up.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So I one one day am going to experience this. Sister had a kid single mother her choice. Was lucky enough to move in with my farther who is not getting any younger. My mother and him separated but all amicably ect. Anyway she has now gone almost five years now raising her daughter at his house but with no foreseeable intention of getting a job ect. It is what it is I can’t force her. But when I mentioned the topic of we should have a plan just so it’s easy for everyone she said well what do you mean? I said well what’s the plan with the property because I believe it’s 50/50 down the middle but you live there? She said well I want to stay here with my daughter. I don’t have children yet and yes I own a nice two bedroom apartment with the missus but this is a three bedroom house with massive backyards and front yards garage so wo bathrooms ect ect ect. And she just would be intent with living there forever without working again. The thing is it should just be sold but she has lived there rent and mortgage free for 5 years and she will not go easily at all as she is comfortable. What do you bloody do? Especially when it’s a significant amount of money we would both get if it just got sold. Just because I worked my arse off I shouldn’t be punished. We get along very well as well but I can see where it’s going to end up.
You have mentioned this to me before.
I hope you can get through to your sister and make her see reason?
Unfortunately you might end up in the uncomfortable situation of having to take your sister to mediation and court?

If it does happen?
Just know you’re not alone and so many others go through this!

money is evil and money changes people!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every family has a bludger in it. I had a grandmother who had a very nice place on acres.. one of my aunties married a bum and lived free in her house off the old woman for years.

she lived better than most and did t pay a cent. Instead she spent her money dining out and buying a new car etc. but she never put anything back..

when the old woman died, the rest of the family told her to pack her bags and get out.. she was so offended and didn’t talk to many.. she bludged for years and didn’t think to make something for herself. She is out renting now but had every opportunity to save money living for free.

bum bastard people

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a guy who earns well into the 6 figure salary and weekly he spends all his money and then goes to see another person who earns very little money to borrow $50-100.. ridiculous.. he always pays it back but comes again for more. But shouldn’t someone earning that sort of money be able to hold a few dollars back and save some? Bad habits… he owns nothing and rents

bum bastard people

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should I start a new business to help renters?

mad renters can’t manage their money, should I lock them up in a conservatorship? (Like Britney Spears) They can apply to spend money and I’ll approve or reject.? So they can manage their money. Stop them smoking drinking and gambling, stop them signing up for bad credit.. eat pay the rent and keep them quiet … after 10 years I’ll get them a deposit for a house put them back on their feet?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Should I start a new business to help renters?

mad renters can’t manage their money, should I lock them up in a conservatorship? (Like Britney Spears) They can apply to spend money and I’ll approve or reject.? So they can manage their money. Stop them smoking drinking and gambling, stop them signing up for bad credit.. eat pay the rent and keep them quiet … after 10 years I’ll get them a deposit for a house put them back on their feet?
They should do that for dole bludgers and housos

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bro - my inlaws are having a bigger mess than this involving a lot more money than just one property. Doesn't bother or influence me personally (we want nothing from wills etc - we're ok) but I've seen how fckd up this can get.

If your father has a will, ask him if you can get a copy for safe keeping with a lawyer. If he doesn't, tell him to get one. That way you have an argument further down the track if say for example, he gets dementia and your sister influences his thinking into rewriting one.

Reckon from your side you're trying to smooth the way and fair play. Reckon from her side its a threat. Having seen where this shit can end up, its good for your dad not to see this angst. Get your copy of the will quietly, put it with the lawyers (and keep a copy yourself) and if your sister doesn't want to debate it like an adult, then you have a pretty solid plan B up the sleeve.

It really depends how your Dad goes in his older years. He's entitled to, for example, change his mind and give the whole property to your sister. Thats his call. And obviously she may pull the line with him that you're ok and she needs help. Nothing you can do about that except be a good son.

Good luck bro - as I said b4 - I'm watching a similar issue play out and my god what a fckng mess and the only real winners are lawyers. Believe the other 2 in laws have spent more than they are worth on legals, so god help the one that loses out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had no hot water for 3 days straight a month ago and now 2 days straight this week. We've reported it, the tightass landlord sends his handyman who doesn't speak English instead of a proper plumber.. Nothing gets done about it and we still pay full rent of $750 a week.

Clearly we need a new hot water tank but the real estate don't give a shit and nor does the landlord.

But hey, all renters are scum and landlords are always perfect right?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We've had no hot water for 3 days straight a month ago and now 2 days straight this week. We've reported it, the tightass landlord sends his handyman who doesn't speak English instead of a proper plumber.. Nothing gets done about it and we still pay full rent of $750 a week.

Clearly we need a new hot water tank but the real estate don't give a shit and nor does the landlord.

A good landlord just gets things resolved it’s not that bloody hard. That story has annoyed me especially dealing in that type of industry and you get the bloke that turns up with no advertising on his vehicle no advertising on his work wear no new or even well used looking tools can’t find the joint and can’t speak English. You ask them do you know the problem no no no one tell me they just say this address. Oh get fucked.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good landlord just gets things resolved it’s not that bloody hard. That story has annoyed me especially dealing in that type of industry and you get the bloke that turns up with no advertising on his vehicle no advertising on his work wear no new or even well used looking tools can’t find the joint and can’t speak English. You ask them do you know the problem no no no one tell me they just say this address. Oh get fucked.
I've had this handyman come out about 6-7 times in 4 months and nothing ever gets fixed or resolved and I can never understand what the fuck he's trying to say. It's not his fault, it's the shitty property manager and landlord for being tightasses and lazy and not spending a fraction of the money we've already paid in rent to get hot water and look after his property long term..

I've told them next time this happens, we're not paying rent the week we're affected by no hot water unless they fix the problem and get a new tank.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I've had this handyman come out about 6-7 times in 4 months and nothing ever gets fixed or resolved and I can never understand what the fuck he's trying to say. It's not his fault, it's the shitty property manager and landlord for being tightasses and lazy and not spending a fraction of the money we've already paid in rent to get hot water and look after his property long term..

I've told them next time this happens, we're not paying rent the week we're affected by no hot water unless they fix the problem and get a new tank.
The thing these cowboys don’t get especially with plumbing electrical work is you send out Ning that can’t communicate with the owners or tenants who is unlicensed uninsured no professional indemnity ect and you save yourself some money but nothing had warranties or is done correctly the first time so it ends up being a shit fight down the track when a water tank bursts whilst you guys are at work and floods yours and 3 other neighbours places causes structural damage destroying carpets a Gyprock walls ect ect ect if they just got a bloke in Fucking the first time instead of having to call bodgy Ning 5 times it would have been out of the way resolved. Headaches nightmares and getting emails from tenants saying they not paying rent like you rightfully said.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that mate it’s a crap situation for the kids especially. Maybe you can get a quote from a plumber and send it to the real estate to put some pressure on them to fix it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate it’s a crap situation for the kids especially. Maybe you can get a quote from a plumber and send it to the real estate to put some pressure on them to fix it?
Cheers.. The problem is we'd have to pay for the call out fee for the Plumber. There is an emergency after hours plumber contact so next time we'll probably just call them and not deal with the property manager. . The property manager is useless and rude. She couldn't care less. I've never dealt with anyone worse. It doesn't help the situation..

At least at the last place the agents were helpful and would get onto things straight away and tell the landlord when something needed urgent fixing.. That was a small agency. This is through Raine and Horne and they don't respond for a day and a half and only after you call, email and log it through their Tapi bullshit online 20 times..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers.. The problem is we'd have to pay for the call out fee for the Plumber. There is an emergency after hours plumber contact so next time we'll probably just call them and not deal with the property manager. . The property manager is useless and rude. She couldn't care less. I've never dealt with anyone worse. It doesn't help the situation..

At least at the last place the agents were helpful and would get onto things straight away and tell the landlord when something needed urgent fixing.. That was a small agency. This is through Raine and Horne and they don't respond for a day and a half and only after you call, email and log it through their Tapi bullshit online 20 times..
Yeah that’s rough. Maybe call the principal of the real estate. I’m sure anyone with kids would find this unreasonable

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah that’s rough. Maybe call the principal of the real estate. I’m sure anyone with kids would find this unreasonable
Yeah I think we're pretty close to that point. It's fair to say once the lease is up we won't renew. Even though finding another house isn't easy and who knows what problems you get with the new place or what the agent/landlord will be like..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think we're pretty close to that point. It's fair to say once the lease is up we won't renew. Even though finding another house isn't easy and who knows what problems you get with the new place or what the agent/landlord will be like..
Sounds like it’s worth the risk mate. Even if you compromise and find another area you may be better off

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Landlords barely have any competition in the market, they can be as ruthless as they want thanks to Albo's insane record migration intake the likes of which we've never seen before in Australia.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why does the government never address the demand side of housing??? They keep waffling on about building 1 million houses - the supply side.

The treasury figures estimated that 715,000 migrants are expected to arrive here over 2 years!

Anyone who is a renter and voted Labor please learn from this current mess.