habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can give an insight:
Renouf was offered from 4 clubs in Australia
And 1 in super league avg of $300-350k per season.
He chose Roosters. Yes a pay cut but watch...
Should have taken sl offer.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See you Renouf... The time has come for us to stop waiting for you to blossom.... Off to the Roosters, they seem to love our reserve graders.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you go to the captains runs, the fan days etc, you will see he trains hard!
last time i seen him he was at the back of the pack struggling with Ogden at the front leading.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m so glad Ren chose the Roosters.
Does anyone remember Clay Priest? Dean Britt? Just a few THEY played over him... and we’re on more $$ then him.
Money isn’t the issue for Ren heard his wife’s comfortable and they own a cafe etc.
Thats because he had lengthy big contracts from a young age.... Complacency?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get all of this. I do not and will not be accused of being rude or what ever it was to PACIFIC ISLAND players, and then told I'm not to other kinds of players.

Because it is made up and WRONG.

I don't think I'm that bad in regards to criticism towards players and if I am, it most diffinately isn't because they're Pacific Islander.
Bro, in all my time on here, I haven't seen you act any different to PI players at all. Its a bullshit reason to defend Renouf. Just ignore it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, in all my time on here, I haven't seen you act any different to PI players at all. Its a bullshit reason to defend Renouf. Just ignore it.
It triggered me big time at the time lol....don't know why. Probably because it's sooooo far from the truth it's not funny lol.

Allgood bro ill ignore it now and move along lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not even sure who wrongly accused you mate but you can ignore/block them I believe too..just means you never see another post of theirs i think lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what is it that hetherington or waddell or napa have that renouf doesn't?

I list the other two because they are consistently picked before renouf aswell.
Waddell and Napa you would have to ask Barrett and you know I also think they are rubbish.But, Hetherington has been here 5 mins and yes has been rocks and Diamonds, but at least he looks like he wants to be there and is motivated. Atoni had his chances over 5 years and looks totally disinterested. There must be something else at play otherwise why would they pick him in the starting side and drop him all together??

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Some people are hilarious. So it’s Trent Barrett’s fault Atoni never played hard or consistently? I like him but look at the size of him. Too soft and someone said he’s shy?! He’s a forward in first grade and a grown man FFS

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You basically answered the question when you said you do not know why he continually picks NAPA and Waddell. Even after the covid breach he still selects them? That is what I call favouritism ! I can guess why? Because we have a coach who doesnt know what he is doing? For goodness sake Its round 19 and we have won a lousy 2 games! I hate to say this but even Pay was better than him!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Waddell and Napa you would have to ask Barrett and you know I also think they are rubbish.But, Hetherington has been here 5 mins and yes has been rocks and Diamonds, but at least he looks like he wants to be there and is motivated. Atoni had his chances over 5 years and looks totally disinterested. There must be something else at play otherwise why would they pick him in the starting side and drop him all together??
But Baz, with all due respect, whether a player looks motivated or not is not a sufficient answer. Renouf has had that same sad look on his face the whole time he's been here.

I've watched him closely this year, vs Souths he was interested, vs Titans (aside from that one incident he is unfairly targeted for) he was interested.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Atoni will end up like Collins.
Will excel quickly in the roosters system

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some people are hilarious. So it’s Trent Barrett’s fault Atoni never played hard or consistently? I like him but look at the size of him. Too soft and someone said he’s shy?! He’s a forward in first grade and a grown man FFS
@Natboy I’m guessing your aiming the “shy” comment at me? A players personality has nothing to do with their playing ability. I did say he seems shy because when he is interviewed he is very soft spoken and you can see he gets nervous. Does he play with his head down like someone stated? I have never really noticed that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
@Natboy I’m guessing your aiming the “shy” comment at me? A players personality has nothing to do with their playing ability. I did say he seems shy because when he is interviewed he is very soft spoken and you can see he gets nervous. Does he play with his head down like someone stated? I have never really noticed that.
Yep, Maria I’ve always like the bloke but he’s a big front rower and needs to show it. If he was on the outer he sure didn’t play hard to prove a point and show what he’s got in either first grade or reserve grade. Barrett can’t be blamed for that

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep, Maria I’ve always like the bloke but he’s a big front rower and needs to show it. If he was on the outer he sure didn’t play hard to prove a point and show what he’s got in either first grade or reserve grade. Barrett can’t be blamed for that
He got MOM in the very first reserve grade he played this year and I can tell you Mick Potter was impressed with him! and how come Napa never got demoted as he is softer than Atoni? Look I was all for TB when it was announced but I now think otherwise. TB was a very good player and a great assistant coach, but imo decisions like these confirms to me he is not a first grade coach!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He got MOM in the very first reserve grade he played this year and I can tell you Mick Potter was impressed with him! and how come Napa never got demoted as he is softer than Atoni? Look I was all for TB when it was announced but I now think otherwise. TB was a very good player and a great assistant coach, but imo decisions like these confirms to me he is not a first grade coach!
I'm not sure about Barrett, whether he is any better than Pay, but there seems to be "issues" judging from the way they play. Just fall apart until recently so that says something really.

Only thing I know is Gus can't start mending this roster quick enough bc Baz def plays favourites and does not seem a good man manager with some of our players.

I'm sure all of us have had bad managers who don't inspire or who play favourites in the work force when it is obvious those employees are less talented.

Anyway I support promoting and developing our juniors. Its obvious Renouf has talent and has not been brought along sufficiently in the past to develop his skills. First instance was when he was forced to move to FR when he was a 2ndrower. Thats on him as well if he hasn't thrived but Barrett has proved he isn't any better than our past coaches in encouraging talent.

That's what makes a successful coach and sets them apart. Unfortunately we don't appear, at this stage, to have progressed much in our coaching staff from previous years.

I will give Baz his due in building the roster for next year...what he does with them is on him.

Gus' influence can't happen quick enough for mine.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That’s ok and I see Wendy is on the anti-Barrett bandwagon too but we are all entitled to our opinion. Let’s see who is on which bandwagon next year when we have some better players and start winning games.

I’ve noticed over the years you’re very fast to defend certain players which is your choice. The fact you’ve singled out one MOM game in reserve grade just proves my point, he’s just too inconsistent. There may be reasons why but they are on him and maybe he will flourish at the roosters. I wish him every success

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I do rate Renouf and for whatever reason he hasn’t performed consistently this season (last chance saloon)

I’m sure he will go to the Roosters and realise his potential

All the best uce
Agree...but isn't that somehow a sad indictment on our club atm....that's what bothers me. It's not anti Barrett to point out a reality that so many think Atoni will succeed at the Rorters. Up to him for sure (if he gets the right support and encouragement from Robinson after "apparently" not getting it here).

My belief is it just seems such a waste, all round to the club, to hand over a talented junior to the Roosters for $150k when he all know he has the goods.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s ok and I see Wendy is on the anti-Barrett bandwagon too but we are all entitled to our opinion. Let’s see who is on which bandwagon next year when we have some better players and start winning games.

I’ve noticed over the years you’re very fast to defend certain players which is your choice. The fact you’ve singled out one MOM game in reserve grade just proves my point, he’s just too inconsistent. There may be reasons why but they are on him and maybe he will flourish at the roosters. I wish him every success