Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People pls don't start paying out on family.

TK is very lucky to have received the insight.

Be respectful and empathetic.

Most fans are frustrated a junior with us from 17 is moving on and a lot feel he got dudded.

Don't start the nasty baiting and belittling that sometimes happens on here.

A lot of us could see his potential. It didn't happen to a sufficient amt and know there were many obstacles in his way and part were his own responsibility.

Those of us who appreciated his talents, and personality, will follow his career at the Roosters and wish him success.
I get all of this. I do not and will not be accused of being rude or what ever it was to PACIFIC ISLAND players, and then told I'm not to other kinds of players.

Because it is made up and WRONG.

I don't think I'm that bad in regards to criticism towards players and if I am, it most diffinately isn't because they're Pacific Islander.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you’ll find that with most of our forwards because we never have the ball. We are constantly defending 6 agains !!
But he isn't putting up defensive numbers either?
This is a very simplistic view because we don't have a the data available but and can only go off this and what we see on the field..

Renouf 458 minutes, Hetherington 585 minutes.
R 1066 metres, H 1056 metres.
R 273 tackles, H 287 tackles.

That's a 127 minute difference in favour of Hetherington yet there's barely a difference in the numbers. Most other attacking stats favour Renouf as do the defensive ones and discipline.

As I said we don't have everything there and Renouf can look slow on the pitch at times when doing things but for some people to call him lazy is a bit much imo. Too many of our fans think if you aren't running around the pitch like a lunatic then you aren't trying.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like I said the other day, everytime the dogs sign anyone it’s 500k min

Roosters sign Renouf for 150k
I would’ve thought he was on that already
He was on more. He’s worth less now due to proven dudness

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s tough but I don’t tell my cousin or Ren cause it’s not good for them to hear especially with other family around it’s more for me, as a dogs fan being umongst it. Abit torn now cause I’ll have to go for dogs and roosters now but appreciate it mate.
Hi ‘Terrence’,
Best of luck to your ‘cousin’ on his new contract. Sad to see him go but a fresh start will be best for him.
My advice to him is knuckle down and put 120 percent into everything he does there. Channel Rocky Balboa and try and do things taht aren’t humanly possible and shock the world.
It’s competitive sport and this is his last chance. In 2 years playing as he does he will likely go the way of Danny Fauololo, or he plays out of his skin and manages to pump his value to close to half a milllion a year and beyond.
Like someone else said, his next contract in two years will be his last chance to ‘make it’ in the real sense. So why not put every ounce of himself into it to make it happen and to just about set you all up for life.
Can’t b doing these depressing half arsed runs again. He has it in him but he will neee to lift. A lot. He’s not 18 anymore is time isn’t on his side.
All the best for you and the baby too.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all at times get frustrated or disappointed with performance. And wear our hearts on our sleeves. Righty or wrongly.
And I am no different
But. We all need to step back sometimes and appreciate the commitment and dedication it takes to get to first grade and the courage to take the field. Is incredibly intense.
We all have options. But sometimes those feelings need to be kept in check.
Most of us couldn’t face the day to day struggles nrl players face.
Good luck to Him it’s a shame we lost him especially to the roosters. But good luck with you future by pulling on the jumper you deserve all our respects

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What amount was Ava signed on? Was it $150,000?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was actually getting sick of Renouf poking his nose through the line and getting to his front consistently giving the playmakers something to work from
Yeh he did it so much he got a fat pay downgrade to close to minimum wage

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What amount was Ava signed on? Was it $150,000?
120 is minimum so would of been close to that. He might of been signed on a train a trial as well which I would imagine is less

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs offered Atoni close to minimum and so to Roosters and he chose the rorters ?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yeh he did it so much he got a fat pay downgrade to close to minimum wage
150k wont even pay the rent in Bondi. Everyone with half a brain knows the Roosters throwout lowball figures.
Morris twins on minimum wage too because they were also useless

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
150k wont even pay the rent in Bondi. Everyone with half a brain knows the Roosters throwout lowball figures.
Morris twins on minimum wage too because they were also useless
He doesn’t live in Bondi. And Morris twins are on higher wages bahaha and they are on their last legs LITERALLY. Wel Brett only has one left which is why he retired. Still got paid more than Renouf baha

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you miss the part where I said METRES PER CARRY/RUN?
No I didn’t and there s no need to SHOUT.., young man.

I didn’t want to highlight that you were conveniently using a single misleading stat to talk up Atoni like he was a top tier prop.

Let it go… He was average and had plenty of opportunity to prove otherwise.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said the other day, everytime the dogs sign anyone it’s 500k min

Roosters sign Renouf for 150k
I would’ve thought he was on that already
Richio isnt the best with his numbers. He currently has an article out where he says will chambers has covered 34000kms to get back to the queensland bubble lol

"Cronulla star Will Chambers has covered more than 34000kms over the past 10 days in order to keep his season alive"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No I didn’t and there s no need to SHOUT.., young man.

I didn’t want to highlight that you were conveniently using a single misleading stat to talk up Atoni like he was a top tier prop.

Let it go… He was average and had plenty of opportunity to prove otherwise.
It's not misleading.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn’t live in Bondi. And Morris twins are on higher wages bahaha and they are on their last legs LITERALLY. Wel Brett only has one left which is why he retired. Still got paid more than Renouf baha
dont know about josh uleh but it was widely publicised that brett went to roosters on min wage for some glory hunting, remwmber peeps was saying he was spent.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not misleading.
Of course it is, it’s one stat. You talk about him like he’s the fourth best prop in the game and then when anyone throws Actual stats at the argument you instantly turn it into a vs Hetherington argument…

Get a grip Marley, we all like certain players that don’t work out. One of yours is Atoni.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Bye bye…didn’t improve on last years effort IMO… he’ll regret it in two years when we’re rolling into the GF