Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's got the 4th highest metres per carry of any prop in the game...
Mate,

Like I said stats don't always tell the whole story. Props in the NRL 2021. Three of the bottom 4 our Bulldogs including Atoni, Hetherington and Ava..

a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was 100% chased by multiple clubs, difference is they were actually somewhat successful clubs so they didn't offer stupid overs like we did with Fetherington.
I really don’t think an offer of say $300K is overs for Atoni. He could easily have got double the $150k elsewhere if he was in demand surely

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
All good with me Terrance JR!
It's always hard hearing/reading negative things about our husbands, or cousins husbands, or others
There is always going to be plenty of different opinions, but most seem to want him to succeed, even if that is no longer with the dogs
We appreciate the good insight into the feelings from the Atoni camp on the matter too, must be hard to move on, but i'm sure excited for the future too

Please make sure he gets the best wishes though! ;)
It’s tough but I don’t tell my cousin or Ren cause it’s not good for them to hear especially with other family around it’s more for me, as a dogs fan being umongst it. Abit torn now cause I’ll have to go for dogs and roosters now but appreciate it mate.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Always thought that the hype about him was excessive given his performances. Was pretty much on the spot to try bathing over for a try, but didn't really seem to put his hand up to get into attacking positions.
A quick check of his stats this year gave up these details.

He played the first 11 rounds and then Round 17.
4 times starting position 139 minutes 393 metres
8 times bench 322 minutes 717 metres.
17 tackle busts
1 line break
295 tackles
2 tries
3 errors

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi Renoufs cousin, I have been a big fan of his and I believe that he has received the short end of the stick in the last couple of years with our club. I wish him all the very best in his future and I believe the Roosters are going to make him one of the best forwards in the nrl. I wish him all the best!
You’ve been great, let’s hope your other favourite Lachlan Lewis stays with the club. He’s my other favourite

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He must be lazy af at training thats all it can be

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s odd man out
He will be commanding okayish dollars when after Vaughan, we are only in the market for a moneyball player

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol you can say whatever you want about Hetherington or whatever you call him, but lazy is definitely not one of those. He’s usually one of the last guys chasing when an opposition player makes a break
Why's his workrate so low then?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Some players do not care about the money and would prefer to play in a club where they feel their contributions to the team can result in a premiership! Ps. I only wish we had a few players like that in our team!
We don’t want that really because those players would leave us to take unders at a top 4 team

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will not be a great loss. He is a big lad, but he hasnt learnt how to use his weight.
His effort so far has been below standard. He is little more than a reggies player.
Its' doubtful he will improve much at the Roosters as Craig Fitzsimmons wont be there.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don’t want that really because those players would leave us to take unders at a top 4 team
Then the club better pull their socks up and start selecting players on merit And nothing else because other players might just follow suit.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think?? I think that Hethrington’s playing technique (especially tackles) is going to cost us big time. The guy seems a bit simple and will probably spend more weeks suspended than the weeks he will be playing.
I'm just fishing for @Mutt Dafty
I can give an insight:
Renouf was offered from 4 clubs in Australia
And 1 in super league avg of $300-350k per season.
He chose Roosters. Yes a pay cut but watch...
So the average has a 50k variance between 5 offers? I dont think you understand averages

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People pls don't start paying out on family.

TK is very lucky to have received the insight.

Be respectful and empathetic.

Most fans are frustrated a junior with us from 17 is moving on and a lot feel he got dudded.

Don't start the nasty baiting and belittling that sometimes happens on here.

A lot of us could see his potential. It didn't happen to a sufficient amt and know there were many obstacles in his way and part were his own responsibility.

Those of us who appreciated his talents, and personality, will follow his career at the Roosters and wish him success.