Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The definition of potential is
‘having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future’
Atoni has been in first grade for 4 years and played 41 matches mostly off the bench
If he has got potential he has been unable to realise it with us so I wish him well in the future and look forward to seeing his spot on the roster given to a young pup.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of Herman Ese Ese. Never really got a decent chance to solidify himself. Not sure what he has done but obviously on the other (i get that his defence on the try line is soft, and he lacks attitude to overcome this) but come on, we are running last, and waddell, stimson, doorey, napa, hetherington dont deserve selection ahead of him.

He will be a great depth/role player. Runs hard, and for 35-40 mins a game can come on and get you 80-100m while bending the line.

The writing has been on the wall for a while (he didnt even get a game when the bondi 5 were suspended). I think when he change his name he confused people at the club an they might think he is someone else?

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the dogs wanted him they would have resigned him. He must have a poor training attitude and it just doesn’t sit well with Baz
Don’t know about that, from what I heard he is the first one at training every morning. I think he is just sick of being mucked around! I think any top club that signs him will make him shine! We could regret losing this one!

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hetherington is better anyway
You think?? I think that Hethrington’s playing technique (especially tackles) is going to cost us big time. The guy seems a bit simple and will probably spend more weeks suspended than the weeks he will be playing.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he has potential and he could even go all the way. But he is lazy and thinks he doesn't need to put in the work. Reminds me of an edge backrower we once had. Baz was pretty clear he wanted to really have a good go with Atoni and Ogden, Atoni let the team down. Time for him to move on, maybe the change of environment will result in him pulling the finger out, but suspect he will be as successful at Roosters as Kas was at Melbourne.

If he signs a 2 year contract at Roosters on a low ball contract, best case he will only have 1 more contract after that no matter how well he goes, this will be his last chance to put his case forward to earn money for his young family. Otherwise he will disappear into a blue collar job, and will become a what could have been.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes he has potential and he could even go all the way. But he is lazy and thinks he doesn't need to put in the work. Reminds me of an edge backrower we once had. Baz was pretty clear he wanted to really have a good go with Atoni and Ogden, Atoni let the team down. Time for him to move on, maybe the change of environment will result in him pulling the finger out, but suspect he will be as successful at Roosters as Kas was at Melbourne.

If he signs a 2 year contract at Roosters on a low ball contract, best case he will only have 1 more contract after that no matter how well he goes, this will be his last chance to put his case forward to earn money for his young family. Otherwise he will disappear into a blue collar job, and will become a what could have been.
If he's lazy then what is Featherington?

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gould reckons we don't need him, then im ok with that haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t know about that, from what I heard he is the first one at training every morning. I think he is just sick of being mucked around! I think any top club that signs him will make him shine! We could regret losing this one!
How's he go fetchin' the flat whites for Baz tho?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
$150k a season? Wow!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like a good bargain for The roosters NSW cup team lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
150k vs Fetheringtons potential 450k. LOL WOW.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really would have thought Gus would believe he could do something good with Renouf and develop him...but I guess not. Fair enough. Probably Barrretts call on this one?

Club has spent a fortunate training, supporting this guy over several years. We finally look like getting a roster to benefit from his offloads and development with Gus.... and now Rorters will get the benefit...and got him cheap too "apparently".

Reactions: ATT