Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
100% agree! IMO he is going to kill it at the Roosters. I Believe he will thrive with them. Then we will have most TK commenting on how stupid the club was for letting him go! Like most do on here when it is too late! Lol... Especially if it is true that they bought him for $150,000.. I wish him all the best but sad to see one of my favourites leave us!
I agree!
Yet paying $800k for players who run straight, get suspended and throw parties LOL

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
If the dogs wanted him they would have resigned him. He must have a poor training attitude and it just doesn’t sit well with Baz
If you go to the captains runs, the fan days etc, you will see he trains hard!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% agree! IMO he is going to kill it at the Roosters. I Believe he will thrive with them. Then we will have most TK commenting on how stupid the club was for letting him go! Like most do on here when it is too late! Lol... Especially if it is true that they bought him for $150,000.. I wish him all the best but sad to see one of my favourites leave us!
Oh well. If the club, and Barrett, don't think he has the same ability to suceed, and didn't deserve getting selected, as Waddle, Napa, Stimpson then there goes our local junior over those guys.

Crazy but done now.

Be interesting to see who they buy for $120k-$150k to replace him.

None of our younger FR guys look ready as yet.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can give an insight:
Renouf was offered from 4 clubs in Australia
And 1 in super league avg of $300-350k per season.
He chose Roosters. Yes a pay cut but watch...
Do you have any idea what his low offer was from us at all?

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’m so glad Ren chose the Roosters.
Does anyone remember Clay Priest? Dean Britt? Just a few THEY played over him... and we’re on more $$ then him.
Money isn’t the issue for Ren heard his wife’s comfortable and they own a cafe etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
$150k a season? Wow!
150k for the Roosters. Like Meaney if we wanted the chance to keep them we'd need to offer 200-250k. Why stay here for minimum wage when you can go to a top club for the same/similar role for the same amount of money + higher chance you develop into a better player. *We also F'd him around the last couple of months (maybe because we knew he was going elsewhere?).

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For some reason Haddaway has always been quite rude especially to Ren and Pacific Islander players. He likes the idiots. Must know his own kind....
What a load of shit.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every time atoni plays he takes the piss with his hit ups, fuckn run hard and maybe he wouldve been kept

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For some reason Haddaway has always been quite rude especially to Ren and Pacific Islander players. He likes the idiots. Must know his own kind....
I'm half Maori, lived in South Auckland for a good 20 years, played league with nearly all P.Is have P I mates galore, stop talking shit you cock sucker.

I said he's average because that's my opinion, does it that in right? No, but it also doesn't mean I'm against Pacific Islander like what shit your on about. Cock sucker.

Also I never get angry on here, other than at our shitty team, but yourve fucked me off no end. So get fuxked you dumb ****.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
150k for the Roosters. Like Meaney if we wanted the chance to keep them we'd need to offer 200-250k. Why stay here for minimum wage when you can go to a top club for the same/similar role for the same amount of money + higher chance you develop into a better player.
You might be correct but he's been loyal in the past so I cant see him wanting more from us than what Rorters would offer...even if going into a better system.

Its probably more that he is fed up and had no decent feed back from the coach so knows himself he has the ability and more confidence in Robinson than Barrett at any price...can't blame him.

The shame of it all is Gus would have been here to guide Renouf. We'll never know now.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of Herman Ese Ese. Never really got a decent chance to solidify himself. Not sure what he has done but obviously on the other (i get that his defence on the try line is soft, and he lacks attitude to overcome this) but come on, we are running last, and waddell, stimson, doorey, napa, hetherington dont deserve selection ahead of him.

He will be a great depth/role player. Runs hard, and for 35-40 mins a game can come on and get you 80-100m while bending the line.

The writing has been on the wall for a while (he didnt even get a game when the bondi 5 were suspended). I think when he change his name he confused people at the club an they might think he is someone else?
Ese Ese looked like he was going to be something but he has bounced around clubs for the last seven years a total of 4 to be precise.

Renouf really disappointed me after having performed pretty well in Reggies and winning a premiership but just did not apply that work ethic to first grade. Had heard rumblings that he had a few issues and maybe a reason why he was down the pecking order. Poor attitude does not get you very far in the game if people are looking to you to be somewhat of a special player....

TJScanz

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a load of shit.
I'm half Maori, lived in South Auckland for a good 20 years, played league with nearly all P.Is have P I mates galore, stop talking shit you cock sucker.

I said he's average because that's my opinion, does it that in right? No, but it also doesn't mean I'm against Pacific Islander like what shit your on about. Cock sucker.

Also I never get angry on here, other than at our shitty team, but yourve fucked me off no end. So get fuxked you dumb ****.
LOL you played league? Never heard of you.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always thought that the hype about him was excessive given his performances. Was pretty much on the spot to try bathing over for a try, but didn't really seem to put his hand up to get into attacking positions.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Negative and sour, go back in the line at Centrelink you non essential worker.

LOL you played league? Never heard of you.
Didn't think you should. I don't live in Aussie you dummy lol

Go and make up some more bullshit about people being against Pacific islanders LMAO. CLOWN

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ese Ese looked like he was going to be something but he has bounced around clubs for the last seven years a total of 4 to be precise.

Renouf really disappointed me after having performed pretty well in Reggies and winning a premiership but just did not apply that work ethic to first grade. Had heard rumblings that he had a few issues and maybe a reason why he was down the pecking order. Poor attitude does not get you very far in the game if people are looking to you to be somewhat of a special player....
Can you hint at the issues DL.
I've only heard good character info on him but he's had his confidence severely knocked around and pretty much ignored by the coach when he's asked for feedback.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one thing that is Atoni being the worst trainer at the club. Even waks pokes fun at him lol