Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Renouf to Roosters

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are most of all saying that.Napa getting more minutes than him today is justified?? Yehhh right!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are most of all saying that.Napa getting more minutes than him today is justified?? Yehhh right!
I don’t believe anyone has said that have they? Anyways Napa is horrendous it’s why this will be his last nrl contract

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t believe anyone has said that have they? Anyways Napa is horrendous it’s why this will be his last nrl contract
Not quite! Was typing while watching the game..And was frustrated with Napa.. lol but when I mentioned that he has gotten the short end of the stick most grilled me that he has had his chance and that he has been given a fair go! What crap even today he played better than Ava and Napa and he still gets hooked!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not quite! Was typing while watching the game..And was frustrated with Napa.. lol but when I mentioned that he has gotten the short end of the stick most grilled me that he has had his chance and that he has been given a fair go! What crap even today he played better than Ava and Napa and he still gets hooked!
I only watched the last 25 mins on the TV and was wondering why Napa was still on the field and didn’t see Renouf play. TB needs to get rid of Napa he should never take the field again for us

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I only watched the last 25 mins on the TV and was wondering why Napa was still on the field and didn’t see Renouf play. TB needs to get rid of Napa he should never take the field again for us
But I am not sure that they intend to get rid of Napa cause Fittler showed a projection plan for the 2023 bulldogs team and he had Napa placed on the bench! My eyes nearly popped out of my head!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh I thought it was a done deal, although nothing official from the club.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever Hero.
All entitled to our opinion. You're welcome to yours mate, as am I.
I guess you obviously didnt follow him as a youngster...he was tauted as the next SBW at that time...it didnt happen tho...you should not take posts out of context as majority have accepted he has been moved on, said so, and wish him all the best.
Yes comparisons between Renouf and Sonny Bill were thrown around as were these ones;
Likened to a young Sonny Bill Williams, Moeroa played 112 NRL games in the back row for Parramatta over six seasons before switching back to rugby this year, where he made a huge impact at schoolboy level.

This bloke who was previously known as Karl McNicol left the Dogs for what was at the time for his level of experience, a rich deal 3 years at 600k with the Sharks and sunk without trace...........Played 11 minutes of footy off the bench in first grade costing 20k per minute and was released at the end of his first year.
In 2007, Filiga was labelled by his manager as "the next Sonny Bill Williams"T

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This.

Hes nearly getting minimum wage, he can't have been chased that hard from clubs lol.
do you really believe the roosters paid mini wage
Load of shit

that’s what’s shown on the books but he wouldn’t play for minimum wage.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You might be correct but he's been loyal in the past so I cant see him wanting more from us than what Rorters would offer...even if going into a better system.

Its probably more that he is fed up and had no decent feed back from the coach so knows himself he has the ability and more confidence in Robinson than Barrett at any price...can't blame him.

The shame of it all is Gus would have been here to guide Renouf. We'll never know now.
i was always told it’s easier to retain players then poach players because they usually stay for less and go for more.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever Hero.
All entitled to our opinion. You're welcome to yours mate, as am I.
I guess you obviously didnt follow him as a youngster...he was tauted as the next SBW at that time...it didnt happen tho...you should not take posts out of context as majority have accepted he has been moved on, said so, and wish him all the best.
What are you on about. The next SBW according to who? A couple of peanuts on TK

No one with even half a decent footy brain would’ve made such comparisons. And you obviously didn’t follow him as a youngster either as he’s never displayed superstar qualities. Above average junior at best.

Thank God this chapter is coming to an end. The club has invested a decades worth of coaching development into Renouf and he’s delivered nothing. Move on

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are you on about. The next SBW according to who? A couple of peanuts on TK

No one with even half a decent footy brain would’ve made such comparisons. And you obviously didn’t follow him as a youngster either as he’s never displayed superstar qualities. Above average junior at best.

Thank God this chapter is coming to an end. The club has invested a decades worth of coaching development into Renouf and he’s delivered nothing. Move on
Didn’t Sonny debut as an 17 or 18 year old. Killed it from very first game. Silly comparisons if true

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t Sonny debut as an 17 or 18 year old. Killed it from very first game. Silly comparisons if true
Sonny was an absolute freak. Still get goosebumps about some of the things I saw him do on the footy field. And yeah pretty sure he was club and test capped by 18 and killed it at both levels from the get-go.

Still questioning as to whether anyone actually rated Renouf as the next Sonny. Insanity but there’s a few plebs I wouldn’t put it past

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Glad we let go of Renouf. Not that he isn't talented but we have tried that and he isn't flourishing in our system. I'd rather set a clean slate and prefer to give a min wage contract to Mavoni Tuifua which we have done as opposed to resign Renouf.

He will be like Adam Keighran and will provide safe coverage across the Roosters squad but was never going to set the world on fire (the SBW comparisons were absurd).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wherever he goes he will be a machine, I think we should of kept him, only looks good in the blue and white. Well I liked him anyway.!!!