Remember when people said dont get Marshall?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes a much better half than Averillo and would of been the most creative player in our team, on the cheap if people still wouldnt have signed him, you are deluded lol

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes a much better half than Averillo and would of been the most creative player in our team, on the cheap if people still wouldnt have signed him, you are deluded lol
I believe the difference is not thst they would not have.
It is that Dogs management did not.
So if you want to lick Benjis butt go follow souffs

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the difference is not thst they would not have.
It is that Dogs management did not.
So if you want to lick Benjis butt go follow souffs
I believe thats my point you idiot, we should have, our board fucked up

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe thats my point you idiot, we should have, our board fucked up
The Board made the right decision. And stopped previous CEO bad management decision from fucking up 2022.
Imagine if hoppa and napa looked half decent this year.
Half the Kennel would be crying to extend thier contracts.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Board made the right decision. And stopped previous CEO bad management decision from fucking up 2022.
Right decision? Paying barely anything to get benji for a season? Someone that oozes class and experience? Yeah looks like we dont need him at 0-6

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember idiots on here saying Benji would be a terrible signing, the facts are he has more creativity than most of our players combined. Putting him as experience next to a you g Flannagan for a year then at 14 when Burton comes would of been a great move, especially on a cheap contract, people in here laughed at that, whos laughing now
Nasheed here,
We should consider him for next year in the same role.

akso I was for signing him, I’m on the right side of history always.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right decision? Paying barely anything to get benji for a season? Someone that oozes class and experience? Yeah looks like we dont need him at 0-6
Cmon Mate. Use your head.
2 from 6 or 3 from 6 is still a poor start.
And it does nothing to change things
This bad start to the season. Is the best thing to happen

Besides. Benji would not have been able to do squat of the back of this team.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck the continuing whinge fest this year annoys me. I'm not happy about the results we've had on field, but you can't complain about everything for ever. We picked up the best winger and probably the most exciting halves prospect coming through into the NRL for next year and one that is rated very highly on potential for this year. If the assumption was that Burton would arrive this year it would have been a great coup but wouldn't have turned our forward pack into world beaters nor would it have meant our backline were getting everything right from the first game of the year. We're still short a few dangerous forwards and a creative hooker as well as at least one dangerous centre and winger. An aging half probably wouldn't be the catalyst for bringing us into finals contention. But there'd probably be just as many complaints about Marshall being here this year if we'd lost all our games as there are that we didn't sign him. I personally think letting Reimis Smith go was a worse choice but I'm not going to dwell on it. Only the handful of classy sides full of rep calibre talent are having good years. Every other team is regularly copping floggings.

We honestly just need to accept that our fate this year is to be pushing to be a more drilled side for next year. Hopefully we fill in some of the weaknesses with quality and have actually learned to play to some useful structures by the end of the year. Having a sook about what could have been, who we could have signed and assuming that it would have made a massive difference is not really productive.
I think the point is a lot of people thought Benji was past it...now they all look stupid ... lol

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
How can signing Benji for a year fuck up 2022???

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How can signing Benji for a year fuck up 2022???
Because Baz said he’d rather the likes of Averillo get more experience and we’ll blood even more kids after Round 10. He said he’s not interested in band-aids for the sake of winning a couple of extra games this year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Having benji at 14 this year would of made us a much better side
Doesn’t matter, Benji or equivalent not happening.
Baz said tonight our final spot will be filled thoughtfully and they won’t rush someone in who’s not part of the future just to stem any bleeding. I think he’s right.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Benji would of just slowed Flanagan's development this year, Benji's a dominant half. It's clear Barrett's building a roster for the future. We maybe win a couple extra games this year but that's about it. Let's be real Benji wouldn't look like he is at the Rabbitohs here. The club was also confident in getting Burton early.
The club didn’t get Burton early. Benji managed to make the tigers competitive last year and had he not missed multiple genes through injury they may well have made the finals. Flanagan is not ready to be the senior held and steer the ship. Our team is really lacking in experience.

I’m not meaning to be negative and I am optimistic about the club’s future, but we really missed a trick by not signing Benji. He would have helped us this year and he would have helped our young blokes going forward.

He is a great attacking player and the six again rule makes him even more valuable.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
do people think marshal would be playing as well with our forward pack?
There have been multiple times this year when our forwards have managed to eitk us into attacking positions and our backline hasn’t known what to do with the opportunity. Not saying we’d be a powerhouse, but he’d have helped us a great deal.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He should have been signed for a season. He wouldn’t have cost much. Even at 36, Benji has more skill on his pinky finger than Flanagan or our other current halves will ever have. Hill was going to sign him but he got moved on/left and it fell through.

But there's no point dwelling on it, what's done is done and let's just hope Flanagan and co can find their feet and confidence in the coming weeks til Burton runs the show next season.
The thing that worries me is that as good as Burton is, all the pressure will be on him next year. It’s a huge ask of a player that young to come in and run a side as the senior/ dominant half. I really hope he’s up to it. He’s a quality kid, so he may well be..... but our roster could really benefit from some more experience. If not Benji, then Reynolds or any experienced hooker to take some of the pressure off. .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol he sucks.

His experience worked wonders for Luke Brooks
Yeah, keep throwing Brooks name around. Luke Brooks is not a young half in need of mentorship. He’s an experienced half who doesn’t have what it takes mentally. No senior mentor can change that. If anything he needs a sports psychologist. Same is true of Milford.

The tigers have gone backwards at a rate of knots since he left. They wrrrnt great last year, but they were a lot better than they are now and were in contention to play finals until pretty deep in the season. They may have made the cut if he hadn’t sat out a chunk of the season with injury.

People who say benji is crap are kidding themselves.