Remember when... against Penrith Panthers

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
2013 was a disappointing season for the Bulldogs when you consider what 2012 brought. Round 25 saw us taking on our old enemy the Panthers with only one round remaining before the finals.

Given that we weren't a formidable force and coming up against a team that has been a team that would often trouble us, this one could've gone either way. To our delight, it went our way.

Remember when... against Manly Sea Eagles
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/remember-when-against-manly-sea-eagles.121348/

Remember when... against Brisbane Broncos
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/remember-when-against-brisbane-broncos.121460/

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus took few of our players back in the day definitely old enemy

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Super League. Police on horseback. Remember that night.
I was in the Grand stand watching from a far thinking it was the apocalypse.. Lol.

I remember we blew that game and everyone just got really salty, all hell broke loose. Good old Monday night footy.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Penrith has never been an old enemy
St George is our Enemy
St. George? Surely Parramatta and the Roosters have a special place as our enemy ahead of St. George. Even Western Suburbs (Magpies). Most Sydney clubs have rivalries for each other. Teams we don't have rivalries with are teams like Gold Coast, Warriors, Cowboys etc...

Wahesh

Reaction score
I was in the Grand stand watching from a far thinking it was the apocalypse.. Lol.

I remember we blew that game and everyone just got really salty, all hell broke loose. Good old Monday night footy.
Super League was a travesty of a competition. I can't believe the club actually sided with them.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Super League. Police on horseback. Remember that night.

Is it bad I miss those nights? Having the fear of the entire league while riot police in force attended every game always put a smile on my face.

One dogs fan capable of taking 5 of the opposition? Every day of the week.

Attachments

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remind me?
Surely somebody can find a video or something...

Terry Lamb hill went ballistic... Cops on horses pushing the fans. fans punching horses, cops everywhere. Basically the FREEDOM march on the terry lamb hill.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Favourite win V's Penrith "EVER"

O'h what a night!!!

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
St. George? Surely Parramatta and the Roosters have a special place as our enemy ahead of St. George. Even Western Suburbs (Magpies). Most Sydney clubs have rivalries for each other. Teams we don't have rivalries with are teams like Gold Coast, Warriors, Cowboys etc...

St George is our closest Neighbour

we Beat them in 1967 and stopped there run
they got us in '79
we got them in '85
played countless famous games against them over the years

Beating them at kogarah 0-38 was close to the best win i have witnessed by Canterbury ever

Parra was only good from 1981-86.. and have'nt fired a shot since, i would hardly call that a rivalry
Easts won in 2002 and maybe the next few years there was some tension in the games

I get more Joy beating St George and Manly
Parra, Easts and Souths have there moments

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Panthers are a determined lot, even in 2004 they were pushing the point, wasn't much in it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No doubt 2004 is to date our greatest win over them - and that will be until we take them out in a grand final.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt 2004 is to date our greatest win over them - and that will be until we take them out in a grand final.
This was our second greatest victory over them, although it came at a big cost... loosing Ennis for the GF.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back when I loved Lafai!