Opinion Remember these great players that were never given a chance

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Patrick templeman - similar to Luke patten and had great ball skills

Brady abbey - in 5/7 matches he scored a try wasn’t bad didn’t know why he got dropped he wasn’t a problem and again had decent skills

Joel romelo - yes he’s in jail now and had a drug problem but he was a great talent could’ve been a different story is bulldogs helped him stay out of trouble

Tyrone Phillips - was a great lapa junior was good mates with James Roberts and both were regarded at the time as the best junior wingers coming up

Jon kite - was a barn storming front rower and as soon as he got pumped by Pedro and Shane webke he was never the same but he went to Melbourne cause Craig Bellamy saw massive potential

Jon sila- the one guy I wanted to see make first grade at the time the guy was a try scoring freak no idea why he didn’t make it

Point was even though none of these guys did anything the fact though there potential and achievements in the lower grade baffles me why they didn’t try bring these young talented people up and they settle instead with drop kicks like Steve turner and jono Wright and forwards like Ryan Tandy and Gary Warburton

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great players? Where?
I’m saying in lower grades most of these guys never got a chance to prove them self they settled with steve turner and jono Wright as the backs and the forwards they had Ryan Tandy and Gary Warburton bunch of no names

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m saying in lower grades most of these guys never got a chance to prove them self they settled with steve turner and jono Wright as the backs and the forwards they had Ryan Tandy and Gary Warburton bunch of no names
We have had shit management for years my bro...

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brady abbey - in 5/7 matches he scored a try wasn’t bad didn’t know why he got dropped he wasn’t a problem and again had decent skills

Joel romelo - yes he’s in jail now and had a drug problem but he was a great talent could’ve been a different story is bulldogs helped him stay out of trouble

Tyrone Phillips - was a great lapa junior was good mates with James Roberts and both were regarded at the time as the best junior wingers coming up

Jon kite - was a barn storming front rower and as soon as he got pumped by Pedro and Shane webke he was never the same but he went to Melbourne cause Craig Bellamy saw massive potential

Jon sila- the one guy I wanted to see make first grade at the time the guy was a try scoring freak no idea why he didn’t make it

Point was even though none of these guys did anything the fact though there potential and achievements in the lower grade baffles me why they didn’t try bring these young talented people up and they settle instead with drop kicks like Steve turner and jono Wright and forwards like Ryan Tandy and Gary Warburton
Yeah and Ben cizwolski

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Abbey went to Canberra and was still terrible. Wonder what happened to his brothers?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brad Abbey is playing reserve grade for mounties. Still a reserve grader. Lime the rest, just not good enough to play first grade. Like some of our current players.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd think if they were great they would of cracked it somewhere, couldn't crack it in a shit 1st grade team.

As far as Joel Romelo goes, watching Docker Clay today in Reserve grade reminded me of him.

If he lost 10kg and got really fit we might have a decent player there.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Abbey Romelo Phillips Kite and Sila all went to other clubs and didnt achieve much

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Atoni the mega flop has he even started for the rorters?