Religious Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Rosary is the weapon against evil from a Catholics stand point, it’s Mary who crushes the serpents head after all. The originations of the Rosary was in the 13th century when the Blessed Virgin appeared to St Dominic and introduced it to him, beyond that I don’t know more.

Evil hates Mary because it can’t stand that a earthly born women was chosen by God to bare our Lord.

The Catholic Church doesn’t require people to pray it, saying that since I have started to pray it daily it’s changed my life for the better.
Mary is the Woman in Genesis 3:15. Mary is considered the New Eve. Eve brought forth sin into the world while Mary brought forth salvation through Jesus Christ. That's why with the oldest and earliest translation of the bible Genesis 3:15 states God speaking to the serpent and saying "I will put enmity between you and the Woman, between your(devil) seed(demons) and Her(Mary) seed(Jesus), She will crush your head(by giving birth to our savior) and you will lie await for her heel.

The word Woman is very important in biblical text, it's not just a normal woman but the "biblical Woman" is gospel centered woman, she is created, redeemed, blessed and gifted to be a blessing to those around her. Jesus uses the word Woman in reference to Mary even in the new testament...Jesus responded to Mary his Mother.."Woman,what concern is this to us?" John 2.

In Revelation 12: "A great sign appeared in heaven: a Woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was with child and about to give birth... She gave birth to a son, a male child who is destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was taken up directly to God and to his throne.... Then the dragon(devil) became enraged at the Woman and went off to wage war on the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

The Woman in Revelation is also Mary. The text says she gave birth to a male child who is to rule the world with and iron rod(this can't be anyone else except Jesus, so the Woman has to be Mary because she gave birth to Jesus). The text also says the devil couldn't get to the Woman because she was protected, so the devil left the Woman and went to make war with the rest of her offspring, and the text tell us who her offspring(children) are. The text says her offspring are those who keep God's commandments and give testimony to Jesus Christ who are known as Christians. So from the text Christians are Her children because Christians keep God's commandments and give testimony to Jesus.

The Woman(Mary) is part of God's plan of salvation from the beginning in Genesis right to the end in Revelation. Why is it God's plan? Because God not only wants to give us himself as a heavenly Father but also wants to give us a heavenly Mother who will forever pray and intercede for us. God doesn't just do things for no reason, he could of easily sent Jesus to earth in a flash of light or break through the clouds and appear, but that wasn't his intention. It's His plan to give us a mother and one who will be the opposite to Eve.

"Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did" - St. Maximillian Kolbe

Attachments

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently reading "Consecration to St Joseph" and came across that quote and loved it.
Yes, St Joseph, patron saint of working fathers.
I love what the Holy Family(Jesus, Mary & Joseph) represents. The image of Holy family is more important in todays times than it's ever been.
Today as families become weakened because of political and social progressive pressures, the imitation of the Holy Family is a means to revitalize and strengthen family life. Thank you Lord for giving us the Holy family to imitate.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mary is the Woman in Genesis 3:15. Mary is considered the New Eve. Eve brought forth sin into the world while Mary brought forth salvation through Jesus Christ. That's why with the oldest and earliest translation of the bible Genesis 3:15 states God speaking to the serpent and saying "I will put enmity between you and the Woman, between your(devil) seed(demons) and Her(Mary) seed(Jesus), She will crush your head(by giving birth to our savior) and you will lie await for her heel.

The word Woman is very important in biblical text, it's not just a normal woman but the "biblical Woman" is gospel centered woman, she is created, redeemed, blessed and gifted to be a blessing to those around her. Jesus uses the word Woman in reference to Mary even in the new testament...Jesus responded to Mary his Mother.."Woman,what concern is this to us?" John 2.

In Revelation 12: "A great sign appeared in heaven: a Woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. She was with child and about to give birth... She gave birth to a son, a male child who is destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was taken up directly to God and to his throne.... Then the dragon(devil) became enraged at the Woman and went off to wage war on the rest of her offspring, those who keep God’s commandments and bear witness to Jesus.

The Woman in Revelation is also Mary. The text says she gave birth to a male child who is to rule the world with and iron rod(this can't be anyone else except Jesus, so the Woman has to be Mary because she gave birth to Jesus). The text also says the devil couldn't get to the Woman because she was protected, so the devil left the Woman and went to make war with the rest of her offspring, and the text tell us who her offspring(children) are. The text says her offspring are those who keep God's commandments and give testimony to Jesus Christ who are known as Christians. So from the text Christians are Her children because Christians keep God's commandments and give testimony to Jesus.

The Woman(Mary) is part of God's plan of salvation from the beginning in Genesis right to the end in Revelation. Why is it God's plan? Because God not only wants to give us himself as a heavenly Father but also wants to give us a heavenly Mother who will forever pray and intercede for us. God doesn't just do things for no reason, he could of easily sent Jesus to earth in a flash of light or break through the clouds and appear, but that wasn't his intention. It's His plan to give us a mother and one who will be the opposite to Eve.

"Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did" - St. Maximillian Kolbe
As Per your discussion guys..this statue is similar to the one that stood in my school’s church as a kid..Mary crushing the serpent under her foot. The serpent in this particular reiteration has the forbidden fruit in its mouth..
IMG_5606.jpeg

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As Per your discussion guys..this statue is similar to the one that stood in my school’s church as a kid..Mary crushing the serpent under her foot. The serpent in this particular reiteration has the forbidden fruit in its mouth..
View attachment 70772
1683610211852.png

Our Lady of Guadalupe will always remain my favorite depiction of Mary. Great story behind it as well

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forcing. "To make someone do something that they do not want to do".

Do you have evidence of these people forcing their children to go against their will?

If so, i condem their actions. Just like i would condem you for forcing your child at a young age to pray or go to church or indoctrinate them into the religion you believe.

"All children are innocent". Define innocence and where you obtain your moral perception of innocence. Provide evidence as to why ones innocence would be take from attending a voluntary drag show..
The UN has decreed that parents are the true educaters of their Children and I strongly believe that that parents if they are worth their salt should instruct pursuade, and direct their children in a way they wish. Your either not aware of the traps-pitfalls that children come across in their early and later years, like drugs, gambling etc. etc.(which is been pushed by the media) or you indulge in it and all the perverse sexy rubbish ourself
In case you don't realise it, kids are very suseptable to everything that they see and hear.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But there is evidence to suggest the lack of overall well-being for a child who does not go to school in junior years. Hence school being mandatory.

If evidence points to there being a detrimental effect to a child attending a voluntary drag show is detrimental to their well-being, I'll change my view
Are you saying that kids are been forced to go to school and you agree with it, but you don't agree with kids been taught the advantages of clean living

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statistically, there are some Neo-nazis on the forum. I'm not going to suggest the ones using the same rhetoric are guilty, just something to keep in mind.
Who are the Neo-nazis on the forum, BTW Hitler was a Nazis and he hated religion Jews and people not of Aaron race.
The closest I seen with similiar views to Hither in Ausralia are Free Masons, who are/were generally Anglo Saxons and Protastants.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you saying that kids are been forced to go to school and you agree with it, but you don't agree with kids been taught the advantages of clean living
You really need to read the conversation. And you fail to understand the concept of well-being. And basing opinion on testable evidence

Define "clean living" and where you get your perception clean living. Then relate your example in the context of the subject that was being discussed.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelp sure we would love for everyone to see Heaven but we know it's not going to happen as the path is narrow. I honestly don't want anyone to end up in hell with that loser cuck satan, but you can only save the ones that want to be saved.

Everything that is happening and will happen HAS to happen, you know that...

You know who the "god" of this world is and that explains a lot.

So called Christians these days are in a losing battle because they act holier-than-thou and condemn everyone to hell instead of pointing out what our Saviour said.

That's why Jesus spoke the parable of the man with a branch in his eye trying to help the man with a splinter in his eye.

Jesus' main agenda is LOVE, but for some reason, His "followers" push Hell more than love. I'm not saying hell isn't a massive issue but I'd rather focus on the path of the destination than the destination itself. I know where my destination is, with the Lord of lords and the King of Kings. If I can get more people to walk with me then that's great as there will be more people at the party.

I'll be brutally honest here, some "Christians" suck at PR and turn off more people than lead them to God. Why start the convo with "hey heathen, you're going to burn in hell" when you can start by saying "let me tell you about my Saviour..."
Thanks bro, communating and policical correctness has never been been my strong point, so thanks for the advice.
When it comes to God and his Church/Churches, I have rigtly/wrongly taken his word go and preach to all nations literally.
Your almost right about the pushing the fear of hell (which was a trate of virtually priests in the past) rather than the love of God and all mankind, but from my experiences in the last 40-50 years the Church has greatly changed its stance, from fear of hell to Charity and doing good works.
Mind you I still agree with the importance of repenting for our sins/failings. because you can't become a better Christian/person if you dont reconise your failings, just like you dont become a better footballer if you don't reconise your weeknesess and work on them..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it says "per 100,000", it usually means "per capita"

That said, I couldn't find where this chart comes from. Just that it's shared on Reddit a lot with no actual source. But I didn't look too far into it.

The CBS link references links that are Catholic.com links and the pages have been deleted. So they may have been false, but the news article is also from 2006 so they could just have been deleted because they're old.
Seems like you once again down play any post that points out failures of institutions which are not Catholic

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are the Neo-nazis on the forum, BTW Hitler was a Nazis and he hated religion Jews and people not of Aaron race.
The closest I seen with similiar views to Hither in Ausralia are Free Masons, who are/were generally Anglo Saxons and Protastants.
He definitely hated people not named Aaron.

Interesting thing about Hitler. Early on he made deals with the Catholic Church, and it was Catholics that helped him gain power to suppress his opponents. But we all make mistakes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems like you once again down play any post that points out failures of institutions which are not Catholic
Nope. I just ask for verifiable information. A chart without sources is just a picture. If I showed you a picture of God being killed by the Devil, would you accept it as real?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really need to read the conversation. And you fail to understand the concept of well-being. And basing opinion on testable evidence

Define "clean living" and where you get your perception clean living. Then relate your example in the context of the subject that was being discussed.
I thought that clean living meant avoiding the known and proven vices, such as drugs over indulging in alcohol etc. etc. and gambling which would much less of a problem if kids wern't exposed to it at a young age. you might think of a few vices yourself.
You have a serious problem if you don't understand what well-being implies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He definitely hated people not named Aaron.

Interesting thing about Hitler. Early on he made deals with the Catholic Church, and it was Catholics that helped him gain power to suppress his opponents. But we all make mistakes.
When people lose their Catholic faith, many turn to hating the Church because that way they cover up their fear of hell which they were taught about in their Catholic studies. Don't you know that the Nazies killed many priests including 1/4 ---1/3 of all the Polish Priests

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought that clean living meant avoiding the known and proven vices, such as drugs over indulging in alcohol etc. etc. and gambling which would much less of a problem if kids wern't exposed to it at a young age. you might think of a few vices yourself.
You have a serious problem if you don't understand what well-being implies.
You need to stop coming in half way through conversations.

You're missing context.