Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you saying that you find sexual stimulaton between men interesting, I can assure you that I wouldn't.
Not what I meant. That was in reply to your last line:

"so why should athiest be concerned about a Church stating what it believes are Gods teachings"

I find theology to be interesting. It's a often filled with psychological cognitive bias, but it's so strong that it encompasses the world.

It reminds me of the dancing disease that hit Europe. People literally danced themselves to death. And it was all due to a belief that they had some non-existent disease.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not what I meant. That was in reply to your last line:

"so why should athiest be concerned about a Church stating what it believes are Gods teachings"

I find theology to be interesting. It's a often filled with psychological cognitive bias, but it's so strong that it encompasses the world.

It reminds me of the dancing disease that hit Europe. People literally danced themselves to death. And it was all due to a belief that they had some non-existent disease.
You did say some time ago that you once worked for a Polly in some capacity.
The way you dance around issues you should go into politics yourself.
BTW of course anyone who disagrees with you is bias, a bit like Pollies always pointing the finger and blaming the other side.
My take with all this sex related variations, is do what you want "what tickles your fantasy" but do it inside 4 walls, and keep quite about it, young kids should not be exposed to any of the stuff depraved grown people indulge in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You did say some time ago that you once worked for a Polly in some capacity.
The way you dance around issues you should go into politics yourself.
BTW of course anyone who disagrees with you is bias, a bit like Pollies always pointing the finger and blaming the other side.
My take with all this sex related variations, is do what you want "what tickles your fantasy" but do it inside 4 walls, and keep quite about it, young kids should not be exposed to any of the stuff depraved grown people indulge in.
I also used to volunteer at a church and bible camp too.

But honestly, I agree that anything sexual, gay, straight or otherwise, should be kept away from children. The difference being the definition of what "sexual" is. For example, a man wearing a dress is not sexual unless they are deliberately being sexual.

I would also say that our stances differ greatly on what we consider to be considered "depravity"

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also used to volunteer at a church and bible camp too.

But honestly, I agree that anything sexual, gay, straight or otherwise, should be kept away from children. The difference being the definition of what "sexual" is. For example, a man wearing a dress is not sexual unless they are deliberately being sexual.

I would also say that our stances differ greatly on what we consider to be considered "depravity"
I'm getting to like you bro, I would not think that at least in most cases kids would be scandalised by seeing men wearing modest women's dresses, most kids probably wouldn't recognise that it's a man in the dress.
As for what we think constitute deprative, we may have to discuss this over a beer, as for me I don't care what people do behind closed doors, after all athiests don't believe in sin because as we know for them God dosen't exist.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm getting to like you bro, I would not think that at least in most cases kids would be scandalised by seeing men wearing modest women's dresses, most kids probably wouldn't recognise that it's a man in the dress.
As for what we think constitute deprative, we may have to discuss this over a beer, as for me I don't care what people do behind closed doors, after all athiests don't believe in sin because as we know for them God dosen't exist.
Yeah but I’m sure the majority of atheists believe in doing the right thing..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sacred Cow makes the best hamburger..."
Mark Twain.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard it tastes Devine....
And positively heavenly!

You guys don't know SHIT!!!

Try being a former Muslim and then tasting pork ribs for the first time and cursing yourself for missing out on this amazing delicacy all those previous years!!!

Mmmmmmm pork ribs my favourite

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gods are all myths, i beleive the real gods are Aliens, anybody ever have an encounter or sighting ever.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Try being a former Muslim and then tasting pork ribs for the first time and cursing yourself for missing out on this amazing delicacy all those previous years!!!

I always say my proof there is a God and He loves us is by creating the pig lol

That wonderful, magical animal lol

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, there is something fundamentally wrong with any religion that condemns the sublime joys of bacon..!
Crispy shortcut bacon, Gaaaaaaa..!
1656667015759.png

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always say my proof there is a God and He loves us is by creating the pig lol

That wonderful, magical animal lol
You know what's funny?

I dont like bacon or ham. Just don't like it.

Pepperoni love it
Pork ribs love it
Salami love it

Bacon and ham, no. Don't like it

I know it's the same animal but just don't like it

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Always fascinated where such prohibitions come from. Someone at some point made the call and it ended up in a book or whatever. You'll never work who made the call but why.... Reckon it might be because poorly processed pork is a disease hotpot and some of it can be spread. Wise move at the time but since then....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Always fascinated where such prohibitions come from. Someone at some point made the call and it ended up in a book or whatever. You'll never work who made the call but why.... Reckon it might be because poorly processed pork is a disease hotpot and some of it can be spread. Wise move at the time but since then....
Hundred percent it would've been because of the disease in the Arabian desert.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know what's funny?

I dont like bacon or ham. Just don't like it.

Pepperoni love it
Pork ribs love it
Salami love it

Bacon and ham, no. Don't like it

I know it's the same animal but just don't like it
Normal, non-fancy sliced ham is boring. Just give me everything else.

PS try Guanciale, cheek of the pig. Thank me later

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hundred percent it would've been because of the disease in the Arabian desert.
The prohibition is in jewish religion for along time as well. Which raises interesting questions (that I'm not answering) about the belief in abrahamic concepts and the proximity and predating of Jews over Islam.

But I like living so I'm not going there.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the first health regulation, the early Jews realized that some animals carried diseases and decided to make the prohibition part of the religion for the good of the community.