News Reject Shop - Team of 17 players bulldogs let go

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at how much the Klemmer thing devides people on here! It could easily devide a team!
people making decisions on emotion, make bad decisions..

Being spiteful and demanding a player fulfil their contract is not going to help our club get back to the top ...

So no the Club is not being bent over as some are suggesting, they are simply taking emotion out the equation and trying to make the best of a bad situation..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is it that those who criticise the current board are called supporters of Des and Dib.

What if some supporters are supporters of the club and critical of whoever is making mistakes regardless of which board they are on.
I never said you had to support the current board .. I am simply saying look at the whole equation... wounds take time to heel and the previous muppets created several wounds

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at how much the Klemmer thing devides people on here! It could easily devide a team!
Klemmer was our player of the year in 2018.

It wouldnt suprise me of hes our most popular player among fans.

Ofcourse many of us our bitter that he will be allowed to leave to a rival midcontract especially when we are so weak on paper as it is and have released so many big name players.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 and 7 are shit.

It’d be just another des ball team, besides barba.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats a pretty fair fucken team.
I could give or take Ennis, Reynolds, Kasiano, barba and Lafai, but fuck woods, I couldnt give a shit he’s gone.
Of those listed, cook, Taupau, and Finucane hurt the most.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine if he had let go Liccha, he will be beast by now.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im going to wait and see what happens before i react in any particular way. If we do get rid of Klemmer, but we sign a big name in a position we needed it more than in the forwards, i might be ok with it. The player i want most at the club in the NRL right now is Damien Cook, hes exactly what we need, but i dont see souths letting him go easily. Thanks again Des, for not seeing him in our plans, or good enough, even though he was better in his short stint than Lichaa had been in years.

If we let Klemmer go and we get nobody before next season, it would be shithouse. Right now it can go either way.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol. They really know how to rub it in.

So what is happening with the sharks salary cap breach investigation

Not much at the moment. They are ' still investigating'. If it was the Dogs would have been done and dusted and any punishment handed down. Instead we get the CEO contradicting himself in saying it is nowhere near the worst situation they have seen and their participation in this years final series would not be tainted although he could not guarantee their 2015 premiership would not be.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The previous morons let some quality players go .. the current mob got rid of 2 over paid losers, that most people were glad to see the back of..

The Klemmer situation is out of their hands.. Klemmers misses has decided whats happening..

Its a very dumb move to try and force a player to stay that does not want to stay ... no one wins in those situations
I agree Klems wife is controlling most of this (like his social media), but moreso it's that prick Isaac Moses. He gets Klemmer over the line at Newcastle and he pockets a 20% commission on the deal (according to DT).

This will just further add to the team disharmony, still pissed off and reeling over Eastwood, Morris brothers, Mbye, Woods, and the little support for Elliott over CarolineGate.

I'm not as much concerned over Klemmer leaving, than I am the Pandoras Box this opens for any other player that wants out at the Dogs.

What if Jackson, Reimis Smith, Lewis, Hoppa, Martin all suddenly get third parties offering big money elsewhere? Will they just tank onfield until they get their way?

It's a delicate situation all of this.... I'm just rather worried about what else this is going to create.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s your proof they have lied that’s a mighty big accusation!
If we all feel fooled and are left flabbergasted with questions and resentment, it can only mean one thing...we were caught off guard and not prepared for it. This means they lied.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on though..

This was over a long period of time.

We haven't even ended one year with the current mob and already we are more charitable than St Vinnies.

They lied about how bad the cap situation was to offload players, and lied about offloading some players.
They lied alright.......they didn’t let on just how BAD the salary cap/ player contract position legacy the previous administration had left.... I was a Dib supporter, but I have been told of the convoluted mess that Dib/Des/Castle/Greenberg created......
Kudos to the current board for the hard decisions they’ve been forced to make over the past 9 months for the long term future betterment of our football club.

Reactions: GDR

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people making decisions on emotion, make bad decisions..

Being spiteful and demanding a player fulfil their contract is not going to help our club get back to the top ...

So no the Club is not being bent over as some are suggesting, they are simply taking emotion out the equation and trying to make the best of a bad situation..
Players are denied a release on a regular basis. Shit **** Nathan Brown denied Danny Levi a release on multiple occasions this year. Cowboys denied Kalyn Ponga an early release to Newcastle last year. Newcastle denied Cogger an early release to us this year.

We’re just a bunch of pussies

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we all feel fooled and are left flabbergasted with questions and resentment, it can only mean one thing...we were caught off guard and not prepared for it. This means they lied.
I don’t believe the club has ever lied to us. There might have situations in which they didn’t tell us what’s going on and you won’t find a business in the world that tells everyone it’s business and they would be idiots if they did.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nearly every single one of those departures was as a result of DES and DIB .. but supporters still wanna lay into the current board LOL
DES and DIB were shit. But that doesn't mean the current board is any good.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree Klems wife is controlling most of this (like his social media), but moreso it's that prick Isaac Moses. He gets Klemmer over the line at Newcastle and he pockets a 20% commission on the deal (according to DT).

This will just further add to the team disharmony, still pissed off and reeling over Eastwood, Morris brothers, Mbye, Woods, and the little support for Elliott over CarolineGate.

I'm not as much concerned over Klemmer leaving, than I am the Pandoras Box this opens for any other player that wants out at the Dogs.

What if Jackson, Reimis Smith, Lewis, Hoppa, Martin all suddenly get third parties offering big money elsewhere? Will they just tank onfield until they get their way?

It's a delicate situation all of this.... I'm just rather worried about what else this is going to create.
Fair call

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players are denied a release on a regular basis. Shit **** Nathan Brown denied Danny Levi a release on multiple occasions this year. Cowboys denied Kalyn Ponga an early release to Newcastle last year. Newcastle denied Cogger an early release to us this year.

We’re just a bunch of pussies
Denying someone an early release when theyve signed with another club for next season , is vastly different to starting a new contract and wanting out only after 1 year of a 3 year contract.. Klemmer is also a marquee player and marquee players can dictate terms..

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
More kick a Dog when its down time.

IF David Klemmer joins the Knights he will be the latest in a long list of talented players the Bulldogs have let slip through their fingers since 2012.

Des Hasler was brought to the Bulldogs to break the premiership drought, but ultimately they have seen their best and brightest players leave the club.

Whether they left for salary cap issues, personal reasons or more lucrative offers, this team of ex-Bulldogs makes for impressive reading.

It also features some of the club’s most beloved stars.

Fox Sports brings you the ultimate team of Bulldogs players to have left the club since 2012 and compares it to the side that could run out for Round 1 in 2019.

THE BULLDOGS REJECT TEAM

1. Ben Barba
Went to the Broncos for family reasons in 2014, before winning a competition with the Sharks in 2016 and picking up the Man of Steel award for St Helens in the Super League in 2018.

2. Curtis Rona
Left the club in 2017 to pursue a rugby union career with the Western Force and went on to represent the Wallabies in three Test matches to date.

3. Tim Lafai
At the age of 25 Lafai joined the Dragons in 2016, where he has scored 16 tries in 68 games over the past three seasons.

4. Josh Morris
Morris scored 103 tries in 217 games for the Bulldogs from 2009 to 2018, before taking up an offer to join the Sharks, when he was squeezed out due to salary cap issues.

5. Brett Morris
Another victim of the salary cap dramas that have plagued the Bulldogs in recent seasons, Morris will join the Roosters in 2019 after scoring 23 tries in 58 games for Canterbury.

6. Josh Reynolds
One of the club’s favourite sons, Reynolds joined the Tigers in 2018 after the Bulldogs signed Kieran Foran on a big money deal.

7. Moses Mbye
The 25-year-old was one of the first dominoes to fall in the salary cap drama and joined the Tigers mid season, after scoring 272 points in 94 games for the Bulldogs.

8. James Graham
The former Canterbury captain was considered the heart and soul of the Bulldogs, but was let go after 155 games for the club who signed Aaron Woods on a big-money deal. Graham joined the Dragons, while his replacement Woods left the club six months after arriving.

9. Damien Cook
The current Blues and Kangaroos No.9 left the Bulldogs in 2016, after scoring four tries in seven games for the club and he hasn’t looked back.

10. David Klemmer?
Klemmer is reported to be close to signing with the Knights after 113 games for the Bulldogs. The 24-year-old has played 12 times for the Blues and has 17 Tests for his country to his name.

11. Marty Taupau
The current Sea Eagles enforcer left the Bulldogs in 2014 to join the Tigers after 10 games for Canterbury and has gone on to play 22 times for New Zealand.

12. Sam Kasiano
The man mountain slimmed down under new coach Craig Bellamy at the Storm in 2018, after scoring 15 tries in 139 games for the Bulldogs from 2011 to 2017.

13. Dale Finucane
The hard-nosed lock left the Bulldogs after appearing in the 2012 and 2014 grand finals, before joining the Storm where he has appeared in the last three deciders.

14. Aaron Woods
Woods was brought to the club on big money from the Wests Tigers, but lost his Blues jersey in 2018, before joining the Sharks and reclaiming his Kangaroos jersey at the end of the season.

15. Herman Ese’ese
The 24-year-old is forging a promising career at the Knights after leaving the Bulldogs for the Broncos back in 2016.

16. Michael Ennis
The now retired Ennis was forced out of the club in favour of Michael Lichaa and he went to the Sharks where he won a premiership in 2016 in his last game of rugby league.

17. Corey Thompson
The wily winger scored 15 tries in 35 games for the Bulldogs before leaving to join Widness in 2016. Thompson scored nine tries in 20 starts for the Tigers in his return to the NRL in 2018.

POTENTIAL 2019 ROUND 1 TEAM

1. Nick Meaney
2. Christian Crichton
3. Will Hopoate
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Reimis Smith
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer?
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Adam Elliott

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
17. Rhyse Martin

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...2/news-story/108d9562ac1222b389632873e6098613
Love that this is out there, and all on Haslers record. Will take generations to recover from this, if ever

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t believe the club has ever lied to us. There might have situations in which they didn’t tell us what’s going on and you won’t find a business in the world that tells everyone it’s business and they would be idiots if they did.
Actually they said Jackson and Klemmer were off limits. They lied when they gave him permission to speak with Newcastle.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually they said Jackson and Klemmer were off limits. They lied when they gave him permission to speak with Newcastle.
That was months ago when talking about releasing players for the salary cap when we were releasing players. Klemmer asked us for a release it’s completely different.