Reimis Smith

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah buddy. Says the 12 year old kid on school holidays who won’t even back his own argument up with anything substantial. Jog on you little kid you are wrong, you are going to be wrong many more times in your life as wel
Hahahah, im not a kid and two I literally backed up my point and showed you how you was wrong to which you just started calling me names .

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahahah, im not a kid and two I literally backed up my point and showed you how you was wrong to which you just started calling me names .
You said he chased down a player once, and that he scored 15 tries in an entire season... that’s your argument that he’s good... holy shit lucky you aren’t in charge, we would have Tolman playing 80 every week because he makes tackles and Mitch Brown would still be here on the wing because he doesn’t make errors.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said he chased down a player once, and that he scored 15 tries in an entire season... that’s your argument that he’s good... holy shit lucky you aren’t in charge, we would have Tolman playing 80 every week because he makes tackles and Mitch Brown would still be here on the wing because he doesn’t make errors.
No I said that because people questioned his effort, this year hes been poor as a centre however he is a good winger and was arguably our best back last season. No Tolmans shite, after his quick tap at the weekend he d of been released before the weekend for me.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He won’t carve up elsewhere, he’s crap. Montoya is crap but better than Reimis, at least putting effort in, working out from our end. Both have low football IQ and think they’re better than they are. I’d punt both. No idea what people see in him
100% agree. Overrated, lazy, stupid, poor attitude and poor discipline. He can stay on the sidelines

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People who are saying hes shit are deluded, sure he was top try scorer on the wing last year, he made some brilliant plays like chasing down Allen vs Souths and chasing down Williams from the Sharks in the last minutes of the game. Hes certainly not been at his best this year however he is NOT a centre, put him outside a good centre like Hoppa and he ll score so many more tries, he has scored some miracle tries on the wing and hes very quick, left dufty for dead a few years back not his fault that our halves are very average and our centres have been for years. Montoya isnt on the same level as him, at the weekend he got some space and kicked it out on the full, Reimis is actually quick and if given some space can beat a man. Put him in his actual position next to a good centre with some decent halfbacks and lets see how he goes.
You’re missing the point. He himself is the one that wants to play centre and he is a shocking one at that. On top of that his attitude is . Bloke has fucked himself, no one to blame.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re missing the point. He himself is the one that wants to play centre and he is a shocking one at that. On top of that his attitude is . Bloke has fucked himself, no one to blame.
No if he is wanting to play centre I agree, not good enough, winger however certainly good enough and better than what we have.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit doesnt mean he doesnt have talent...it means he is inconsistent (shit is just easier to type). If Smith played on the wing with the same effort as Tolman or Montoya do every week he would be a superstar. While I'm not a fan of either Montoya or Tolman, due to their lack of talent, their effort is always 100%. Smith just goes missing in games and looks disinterested at times which is not good enough for a FG player
Smith just needs a kick up the backside and a smack on the head each week to keep him in check. If Baz and the board brings in the right support staff and trainers to eliminate the bad habits/attitudes from our players I'm predicting Smith will be a shining star for us next year.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been a fan. Surplus to requirements. Why are we babying them, if they can't turn up with there attitude and input in check themselves, then sack them and bring in someone who is keen to play. Thats bellamys motto and it works.
Over waiting on our shit players to maybe come good. Sack them. Let them come good at some other clubs expence. But i dought they will.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been a fan. Surplus to requirements. Why are we babying them, if they can't turn up with there attitude and input in check themselves, then sack them and bring in someone who is keen to play. Thats bellamys motto and it works.
Over waiting on our shit players to maybe come good. Sack them. Let them come good at some other clubs expence. But i dought they will.
Unfortunately the standard of maturity of the average NRL player is about 2 standard deviations below the rest of the population. Sadly at our club it's about 3 standard deviations below (see CHN, Okunbur and Barba). While 16 year old kids at Maccas and KFC have the maturity to operate dangerous equipment like deep fryers while getting paid $8 per hour some NRL players can't be trusted to drink a beer without smashing their gf or beating someone up. That's why coaches often refer to their players as "he's a good kid" despite him being an adult in his mid 20's. Bellamy has an aura that he built at Melbourne where players won't dare to behave like that but it took him years to do it. When I was at school in the 70's and 80's if the teachers THOUGHT you misbehaved you got the cane. League players then had trade qualifications and had a real job during the week. Today teachers can get charged with assault if they lay a hand on a schoolkid and most leagues players don't have a real job and spend all their free time on xbox and instagram. The sh#tty attitude of players today is a symptom of poor parenting and lack of discipline at school thanks to the political correctness in the education system and today's society.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the standard of maturity of the average NRL player is about 2 standard deviations below the rest of the population. Sadly at our club it's about 3 standard deviations below (see CHN, Okunbur and Barba). While 16 year old kids at Maccas and KFC have the maturity to operate dangerous equipment like deep fryers while getting paid $8 per hour some NRL players can't be trusted to drink a beer without smashing their gf or beating someone up. That's why coaches often refer to their players as "he's a good kid" despite him being an adult in his mid 20's. Bellamy has an aura that he built at Melbourne where players won't dare to behave like that but it took him years to do it. When I was at school in the 70's and 80's if the teachers THOUGHT you misbehaved you got the cane. League players then had trade qualifications and had a real job during the week. Today teachers can get charged with assault if they lay a hand on a schoolkid and most leagues players don't have a real job and spend all their free time on xbox and instagram. The sh#tty attitude of players today is a symptom of poor parenting and lack of discipline at school thanks to the political correctness in the education system and today's society.
Great post.

Agree with the general sentiment but I don't think NRL players are any different from the rest of society in terms of behavior. I just think society has a bad impression of NRL players because they are celebrities so when they get into trouble, it becomes a news story. When Joe Blow the home loan officer at ANZ gets intro trouble, nobody gives a fuck.

If you compared the percentage of NRL players who beat their gf to other professions, I dare say it would be virtually the same. A man's attitude towards woman has nothing to do with his profession.

As a non-drinker (I hate the taste of alcohol), I am privy to the shit men get up to when their drunk. Whether its a lawyer having sex with an exhaust pipe of a car (in public) or a doctor bashing his wife in front of 50 people at a party, unfortunately this shit happens.

I agree it comes down to poor parenting, lack of discipline at school thanks to the political correctness in the education system and today's society. I also think some men just cant control their anger. We should be teaching school children how to control their emotions at an early age so they don't turn into a fucking nutjob because somebody cut them off in traffic.

Unfortunately Baz had the reputation of being "one of the boys" when he was at Manly so hopefully he has learned from that and turns into a disciplinarian like Bellamy who the players respect or fear.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great post.

Agree with the general sentiment but I don't think NRL players are any different from the rest of society in terms of behavior. I just think society has a bad impression of NRL players because they are celebrities so when they get into trouble, it becomes a news story. When Joe Blow the home loan officer at ANZ gets intro trouble, nobody gives a fuck.

If you compared the percentage of NRL players who beat their gf to other professions, I dare say it would be virtually the same. A man's attitude towards woman has nothing to do with his profession.

As a non-drinker (I hate the taste of alcohol), I am privy to the shit men get up to when their drunk. Whether its a lawyer having sex with an exhaust pipe of a car (in public) or a doctor bashing his wife in front of 50 people at a party, unfortunately this shit happens.

I agree it comes down to poor parenting, lack of discipline at school thanks to the political correctness in the education system and today's society. I also think some men just cant control their anger. We should be teaching school children how to control their emotions at an early age so they don't turn into a fucking nutjob because somebody cut them off in traffic.

Unfortunately Baz had the reputation of being "one of the boys" when he was at Manly so hopefully he has learned from that and turns into a disciplinarian like Bellamy who the players respect or fear.

Agree 100% with these 2 posts. While i am now retired from full time work in Admin at Uni i see all what has been mentioned in these posts while working in my casual job which is supervising uni exams. Students can't obey SIMPLE instructions like turn your mobile OFF, use pencil only on your multiple choice answer sheets, and no talking once you enter the exam room.

It will be interesting in the next couple of weeks when i work my first day supervising the trial hsc exams at a local school whether school students are as "off with the fairies" as the uni students i have come across.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post.

Yes you made valid points but a main point of difference is that these NRL players are getting paid an insane amount of money compared to the players of previous eras (i.e compare the ratio of what an 80's player earned compared to a medical doctor, then the ratio of today's players wages compared to a medical doctor) but at the same time their behaviour is far worse. They are spoilt, way overpaid, mentally immature and a lot of them don't bother to even get a trade to prepare for life after footy. I remember after the super league war watching Girdler and Fittler bragging on the Footy show that they spend all their spare time during the week on playstation because they didn't need to get a day job. As much as I like Reimis because of his natural ability if someone on his wage was working in my workplace with the same attitude he would be fired on the spot.
>When Joe Blow the home loan officer at ANZ gets intro trouble, nobody gives a fuck.
True, but the average Joe isn't in the public eye and doesn't get paid mega bucks. If you're paid big $ and publicly represent an organisation then you need to behave accordingly to a higher standard than citizen Joe.
> I am privy to the shit men get up to when their drunk.
People use alcohol as an excuse for poor behaviour when they are drunk. However alcohol does not make a person do something that is unnatural for them. For eg if you dislike Ford Falcons drinking alcohol doesn't make you all of a sudden love Ford Falcons. A drunk Nazi doesn't have a sudden urge to become a Rabbi. What alcohol does is lower a person's inhibitions which in turn makes them do something that they did not do when sober because they knew of the consequences (when sober). When a person who is drunk and then goes around bashing someone its not because alcohol made him suddenly unnaturally violent. He already had that violent attribute in him but when sober he didn't bash his gf because he knew he would get in trouble. Alcohol increases the norepinephrine in the brain which acts as a stimulant stopping people from considering consequences. It's poor leadership by the NRL that they don't present the medical and biological facts about alcohol when a player has an alcohol related incident.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can confirm he is being assessed very closely
Don’t agree he’s looked lazy and disinterested for a long time now. He certainly doesn’t demand selection for mine.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes you made valid points but a main point of difference is that these NRL players are getting paid an insane amount of money compared to the players of previous eras (i.e compare the ratio of what an 80's player earned compared to a medical doctor, then the ratio of today's players wages compared to a medical doctor) but at the same time their behaviour is far worse. They are spoilt, way overpaid, mentally immature and a lot of them don't bother to even get a trade to prepare for life after footy. I remember after the super league war watching Girdler and Fittler bragging on the Footy show that they spend all their spare time during the week on playstation because they didn't need to get a day job. As much as I like Reimis because of his natural ability if someone on his wage was working in my workplace with the same attitude he would be fired on the spot.
>When Joe Blow the home loan officer at ANZ gets intro trouble, nobody gives a fuck.
True, but the average Joe isn't in the public eye and doesn't get paid mega bucks. If you're paid big $ and publicly represent an organisation then you need to behave accordingly to a higher standard than citizen Joe.
> I am privy to the shit men get up to when their drunk.
People use alcohol as an excuse for poor behaviour when they are drunk. However alcohol does not make a person do something that is unnatural for them. For eg if you dislike Ford Falcons drinking alcohol doesn't make you all of a sudden love Ford Falcons. A drunk Nazi doesn't have a sudden urge to become a Rabbi. What alcohol does is lower a person's inhibitions which in turn makes them do something that they did not do when sober because they knew of the consequences (when sober). When a person who is drunk and then goes around bashing someone its not because alcohol made him suddenly unnaturally violent. He already had that violent attribute in him but when sober he didn't bash his gf because he knew he would get in trouble. Alcohol increases the norepinephrine in the brain which acts as a stimulant stopping people from considering consequences. It's poor leadership by the NRL that they don't present the medical and biological facts about alcohol when a player has an alcohol related incident.
I always say that you didn't do it because you were drunk, being drunk let you do it. Obviously it wasn't popular.

A small example or 2, I can't dance for shit so due to that I don't dance at all. At weddings it's not rare that I can polish off a bottle during the night, still I don't get up to dance.

Also, people use alcohol as the excuse to fight. I don't use drink as an excuse because a) I am a fighter and more importantly b) I know I probably won't be able to control myself if I fight broke out and do more damage than I intend.

I hope that made sense... have an on going migrane and it hurts to think lol

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis should never have been moved to centre. He either isn't ready doesn't have it, but he is not a centre now. To be fair, he got shit ball and doesn't look like he was that well coached. His confidence must've been shot but I didn't see any real effort or involvement and he has to own that. I expect him back at wing at some stage, maybe next year, and hopefully with a decent spine and kicking game inside him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No I was right. I just had the wrong name. But the summary was correct. He scored over 20 tries and he’s been in reserve grade since. You said Reimis was good because he scored 15 tries. It’s pretty obvious now that you are Reimis missus, or you are just a blind c***. The bloke is shit. He’s slow, he’s weak, he gets bullied, he gives away penalties.
Jennings only scored because he was outside G.i and had decent halves
And now can barely score.. most of his tries he was in open space and only had to put the ball down, any winger could of done that

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He also was one of our most dangerous player from kicks, if you watch that game and think hes our problem, you really have no idea
Yeah he’s a fukn jersey grabbing bitch like you and your mother.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He was actually laughing when josh ado carr scores that last try fhe f wit