Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1mil. + Tino and Vuni money easily enough to cover a couple of upgrades and make a decent offer to Burton. While Burton would be a guaranteed starter for us, he might see a move to the the Storm as more beneficial for his career long-term
Bellamy is only going to be there for 1 more year. Who the hell knows who will be coaching them after that
Meanwhile Baz will be coaching us for the next 3 years - which is when Burton's contract would also end. There is more stability coming to us than the Storm

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we didn’t want to give JAC fullback money and the position. It may explain why he chosen to remain in Melbourne as his options are limited. We don’t want a Brett Morris situation again

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree we have more important positions to fill, but to say a winger shouldn't be on more than 300k is factually incorrect and successful sides have proved that.

Wingers these days are expected to make more carries than props, defuse high pressure bombs, make high pressure reads in defence, produce spectacular mm perfect finishes, etc...the role of a winger is currently at it's absolute peak imo and any winger that is more than just good will easily demand that sort of coin at some stage of their career.

Not every club is as well drilled as the storm and can maintain an extremely high turnover of players across the backline that seem to slot in with ease...but even the storm currently have two wingers on 300k+...
Nailed it

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we're because I don't believe he's on 450k (more so between 300-350k). There are people on here pretending to be in the know saying Reimis is on 450k. If that was correct (which I don't believe it is) then there's no way the Storm is paying 450k for Reimis. They had JAC on less than 400k (which was upgraded from a lower amount).
You better believe he is on $ 450 k :grinning:
That's only part of the problem !

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For giving up Reimis did we at least get a promise from the Storm not to pursue Burton.

Imagine if we gave up Reimis a year early and they signed Burton, we didn't get JAC or Grant or B Smith. Fans should be really pissed and the club should come out and explain why

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reimis Smith to leave the Bulldogs

Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith has sought and been granted a release by the club.

The 23 year-old back made 49 appearances for the blue and whites over four seasons, having made his club debut in 2016.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Smith for his efforts during his time at Belmore
The Bulldogs would like to thank Reimis for his hard work and passion during his time at Belmore and wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.
"Reimis will always be part of the Bulldogs family and we genuinely wish him the best of luck for the future.”

Source

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They announced a release as he requested one... I reckon someone nailed it earlier. Remis got
The idea floated past about going there for jac. We somehow missed jac but gave him up anyway.

Storm are so well ran deadset we are made to suffer Everytime. They not only keep jac two years past but then take smith off us. Oh yeh nah it’s a good thing right? That’s why the premiers want him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For giving up Reimis did we at least get a promise from the Storm not to pursue Burton.

Imagine if we gave up Reimis a year early and they signed Burton, we didn't get JAC or Grant or B Smith. Fans should be really pissed and the club should come out and explain why
It's not how it works in the NRL you release a player and that's it there aren't trades or player swaps.

That's the end of it now.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It appears there has been a ridiculous change in heart regarding Reimis since there were rumours of him leaving and now that it's official. All I read/saw during the year was how soft and poor his attitude was, which I agree with.

I'm more than happy to shed some deadwood this season to sign some superstars for 2022. Next on the chopping block has to be Lewis and Hoppa. I can't see anyone wanting DWZ for the salary he is on so may be worth keeping him for 2021.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got rid of a plodder and freed up some cap space as well. That's two wins in my book.
Attitude is one of the problems...
You can disagree with others but that should never interfere with your responsibility !

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They announced a release as he requested one... I reckon someone nailed it earlier. Remis got
The idea floated past about going there for jac. We somehow missed jac but gave him up anyway.

Storm are so well ran deadset we are made to suffer Everytime. They not only keep jac two years past but then take smith off us. Oh yeh nah it’s a good thing right? That’s why the premiers want him.
I don't think we weren't played by the Storm. We let him go because we wanted to. We could have easily insisted on a player swap with JAC and then when that failed to materialize we could have held on to Smith but clearly Baz didn't want him so he's gone.

I know you're pissed about missing out on JAC but I dont see this as incompetence by the club...they're just getting rid of the plodders. There is a plan in place and we just have to wait to find out what it is. As long as we improve our roster, piece by peice, I'm happy

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All i can say is storm made brenko lee look decent when no other club could so imagine what they will do with remis smith no big loss to us at 450k but good gain for storm.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You better believe he is on $ 450 k :grinning:
That's only part of the problem !
Stop teasing and spill the beans :grinning:

Are we paying anything towards this reported 450k?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop teasing and spill the beans :grinning:

Are we paying anything towards this reported 450k?
LOL, I know. The guy probably knows everything that goes on but for obvious reasons he can't tell us. I'd love to shout him a beer (or 10), get him hammered and then hope he spills the beans...then I'd happily share it with everyone on the TK