Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't believe Reimis is on 450k (more so 300-350k), but if he was we'd be contributing a decent amount towards that. We're not freeing up money for Burton, we're already sitting on a decent amount.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still predicting we will sign JAC for 2022

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If they release Burton early, provided we take one of their wingers......who do you prefer Man-sauce or Naden?
I personally think both are an upgrade on Smith. There was at least 4 games this year when you could see a break was going to be made and Smith wouldn't even turn and chase. No passion for the jersey, selfish player

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe Reimis is on 450k (more so 300-350k), but if he was we'd be contributing a decent amount towards that. We're not freeing up money for Burton, we're already sitting on a decent amount.
Bigger picture.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought I read on here that Reimis had signed with another club for 2022 and that had complicated the JAC / Smith swap.
Anyone know what happened there?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bigger picture.
If we sign Mansour or Naden (okay alternative, Storm were also interested in him apparently, it's sideways tho) I don't see the bigger picture. We also need a winger to fill in for Okunbor next year until he returns from his ACL, currently it's Crichton now?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So we say this is to show panthers they can release players? They know that. They are doing it to ones they don’t want like mansour. Storm and panthers seem not to. Unless they get something they want back from the club. Guess we liked storms dick. The ficked us here. Next year will say geez can’t believe we take smith to them for nothing...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Storm are buying over priced wingers and upgrading JAC for 2022, then it's likely they know that Cam Smith is retiring so now they have cap to spend.

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We could have potentially been helping the TIGERS land JAC, for nothing. Helping the Storm out still sucks, though

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Swap or no swap from the storm doesn’t matter, this deal gives us more cap space for next year plus an extra roster spot for next season also

hopefully we are not making room for Benji

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm I don't think Burton's money was the problem I think we could have signed JAC and Burton this year to fill our two remaining spots maybe we have like a mill to split on JAC and Burton. But now we have 1.35 Mill after we promote a junior lets say 400K for Burton and 950 for someone else.... that is a pretty handy someone in anyone's language.

Also with releasing Smith I think Barrett could cover him leaving because Burton is coming, and that means Averillo at FB, Hoppa in the centres with Cotric, with Meaney and DWZ the wingers.... maybe Okunbor for the second half of year to replace Meaney.

If Burton wasn't coming Averillo would be 5/8 and either Meaney or Hoppa at FB.... we would probably have used Smith somewhere there in the 3/4 line.

So who is the 950K for....

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top try scorer 2 seasons back when he actually played on a wing. On a wing, hes a freak, hes just not a centre. Made some ridiculous catches to score tries and who could forget some of the rundowns he has done, notably on Corey Allen vs Souths.
I'm not upset he's leaving, he's never really played that well for us. Hope he can find his feet at Melbourne.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hmm I don't think Burton's money was the problem I think we could have signed JAC and Burton this year to fill our two remaining spots maybe we have like a mill to split on JAC and Burton. But now we have 1.35 Mill after we promote a junior lets say 400K for Burton and 950 for someone else.... that is a pretty handy someone in anyone's language.

Also with releasing Smith I think Barrett could cover him leaving because Burton is coming, and that means Averillo at FB, Hoppa in the centres with Cotric, with Meaney and DWZ the wingers.... maybe Okunbor for the second half of year to replace Meaney.

If Burton wasn't coming Averillo would be 5/8 and either Meaney or Hoppa at FB.... we would probably have used Smith somewhere there in the 3/4 line.

So who is the 950K for....
Storm hooker :innocent:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember when Kasiano was going to be the world's best forward under Bellamy?

I wonder if the Smith hype will go to another level once he is gone. Meaney has been better than Reimis Shitt which says a lot.