Opinion Reimis Smith is the Worst

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith is an excellent athlete, speed, balance, great leap. He is also a try scorer, scores from distance and from a few metres out taking a bomb.

But he is NOT a footballer. He lacks vision, he doesn't consistently work hard for his team mates. A couple years ago I felt he could pick that up with a bit of help, especially when he was showing some combination with Holland, around the same time he was making decent metres hitting the ball up early in the set.

But he's gone away from that, and his lack of genuine footballing qualities is really showing. If he doesn't turn it around real soon he will be gone. He might already be gone, if Georgalis' picks for the next game are any guide.
His biggest problem is that little nerve that goes from the heart to the brain.. There are certain people in the world who throw the toys out of the cot when they don’t get what they want.

Then even worse still, if the same people are getting advice from the likes of Mundine, they are no chance.

Piss him off.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen this year, he's lazy, has a shit attitude and doesn't seem to give a fuck.

If any club enquires about him, see ya

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he showed early promise but has done literally nothing for 2 years

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I’d say all players are on notice to perform now we know who’s coaching us for the next 3 years.

Whether they want to stay with us or not they need to perform NOW to gain a decent contract for next year and beyond wherever that maybe or they’re simply happy to go back playing in the Canterbury Cup next year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His form has fallen off a cliff, for sure.... sometimes a change of coaching staff and new additions to the roster are just what a player needs. Let’s see if his confidence improves and he can work his way back into form next year.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed something that's pretty consistent across this forum. A lot of members believe Reimis is a decent player and most believe he should be playing Wing.

I'll say this. Reimis is absolute garbage right now, and his potential from 2-3 years ago wasn't even that high. He is super lazy, doesn't push himself to be in a position where he is involved. He is also terribly disciplined (think Sivo Headbutt and Ravalawa Kneeing). Furthermore, he is quite stupid when it comes to footy IQ. Lastly, his idea to play centre just seems totally delusional.

I believe Georgillias has made the right choice this weekend by leaving Reimis out of the team. Montoya > Reimis. I actually thought Montoya played really well vs Dragons. The dragons gameplan was to obviously kick away from DWZ, and as a result Montoya had to do a lot of tough carries, and didn't shy away from the physical work.

Anyways, I believe we should cut Reimis out of our plans from 2021 and onwards even tho he is contracted that year.
Out of all the players I saw against the broncos and worst lot dragons it was smith fucking up the most and not even caring , just saying to the boys .. did I knock it on? Or true he’s a muppet he’s to cocky and not even good enough to be a center it’s a diff story if you try to be one and try hard but he is out of position.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been poor all year, with a stronger coach ne would have been dropped long ago. Wouldnt mind if we moved him on .

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks half asleep out there at times. Needs to realise he is better on the wing.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He needs to be cut. No wonder the club is in all sorts. This guy has played first grade for years... howwwwwww. He should of been cut after his first full season Where he showed absolutely nothing

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel like Reimis has peaked as a footballer and we've seen the best of him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like Montoya, one breakout season then nothing
Sad but true aye, especially after seeing him burn Dufty with such ease. The whole rugby league community was like WTF who is this kid ... but since then nothings eventuated.