Opinion Reimis Smith is the Worst

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've noticed something that's pretty consistent across this forum. A lot of members believe Reimis is a decent player and most believe he should be playing Wing.

I'll say this. Reimis is absolute garbage right now, and his potential from 2-3 years ago wasn't even that high. He is super lazy, doesn't push himself to be in a position where he is involved. He is also terribly disciplined (think Sivo Headbutt and Ravalawa Kneeing). Furthermore, he is quite stupid when it comes to footy IQ. Lastly, his idea to play centre just seems totally delusional.

I believe Georgillias has made the right choice this weekend by leaving Reimis out of the team. Montoya > Reimis. I actually thought Montoya played really well vs Dragons. The dragons gameplan was to obviously kick away from DWZ, and as a result Montoya had to do a lot of tough carries, and didn't shy away from the physical work.

Anyways, I believe we should cut Reimis out of our plans from 2021 and onwards even tho he is contracted that year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've noticed something that's pretty consistent across this forum. A lot of members believe Reimis is a decent player and most believe he should be playing Wing.

I'll say this. Reimis is absolute garbage right now, and his potential from 2-3 years ago wasn't even that high. He is super lazy, doesn't push himself to be in a position where he is involved. He is also terribly disciplined (think Sivo Headbutt and Ravalawa Kneeing). Furthermore, he is quite stupid when it comes to footy IQ. Lastly, his idea to play centre just seems totally delusional.

I believe Georgillias has made the right choice this weekend by leaving Reimis out of the team. Montoya > Reimis. I actually thought Montoya played really well vs Dragons. The dragons gameplan was to obviously kick away from DWZ, and as a result Montoya had to do a lot of tough carries, and didn't shy away from the physical work.

Anyways, I believe we should cut Reimis out of our plans from 2021 and onwards even tho he is contracted that year.
I am not part of the bunch that bags Montoya. But Smith has it all over him in terms of pace. On the wing it's almost invaluable. If Smith realises he's not a guaranteed starter he might pull his finger out and compete for his spot.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute garbage. In order for any backs to shine the forwards have to do their work in getting over the top of the opposition forwards. We have NO fast ball playing forwards although I have been impressed with the the few games that Thompson has had but he needs more support. Losing Elliott and CHN has hurt us. Jackson puts in week in week out but is playing in a far weaker pack compared to other sides.

Smith wasn’t to bad in that game against Saints at the end of last year or the year before. Showed his pace and talent that day. With promise of more strength in our forwards I wouldn’t want to release him. Montoya and Holland are two that should be gone as both are off contract this year and NOT up to first grade standard anymore.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith has good potential, he just needs to realise for the foreseeable future he is a winger not a centre. He also needs to little attitude adjustment with his stupid brain farts mentioned in previous post. If Barrett can get the team attacking next season I think Smith could become an exciting winger. If he doesn't then let him go when his contract expires at the end of next year.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not part of the bunch that bags Montoya. But Smith has it all over him in terms of pace. On the wing it's almost invaluable. If Smith realises he's not a guaranteed starter he might pull his finger out and compete for his spot.
It might be worthwhile to loan Smith out to the Warriors for the rest of the season. They need wingers and maybe the temporary change of scenery is what he needs?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It might be worthwhile to loan Smith out to the Warriors for the rest of the season. They need wingers and maybe the temporary change of scenery is what he needs?
Wild child please relax.

we don't need to pimp our Reimis to the warriors. He's a regular first grade player we need. Don't want him developing a fondness for kiwi slugs and stayin over there.

Another forum member who can't grasp the loan system. It's for kids to get experience when they can't get it at their club yet. Grant, Murchie etc

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s got potential but he should have delivered on it by now. After that break out game against the Dragons in 2018 I thought he would keep improving but he just went back to the same old mediocre player. He isn’t a centre that’s for sure and you’d have to start doubting if he’s even a first grade standard winger. He’s a real lazy player and now he has the added bonus of being a grub on the field too. He deserves to be dropped and be fighting for his spot. I heard he was a Pay favourite and could do no wrong in his eyes.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved him as a winger but what they were doing having him in the centre’s I’ll never know. No business in the nrl as a centre

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s got potential but he should have delivered on it by now. After that break out game against the Dragons in 2018 I thought he would keep improving but he just went back to the same old mediocre player. He isn’t a centre that’s for sure and you’d have to start doubting if he’s even a first grade standard winger. He’s a real lazy player and now he has the added bonus of being a grub on the field too. He deserves to be dropped and be fighting for his spot. I heard he was a Pay favourite and could do no wrong in his eyes.
Agree he has totally dropped off in all aspects of his game and seems very uninterested at times which is not good enough for a first grade player.
Dean gave him the chance to move positions for whatever reasons but hasn’t done anything special to justify it to be honest.
It should be a clean slate come next year with no favourites and a complete review of our squad.
The new coach will be tasked with assessing everyone’s strengths and best position on field.
Let’s hope for better from all.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with Delta and most of the others.

You’ve only got to see what other wingers do, even in other shit teams (Don, Feldt, Coates, Maumalo, Fusitua, Ravalawa) to see how far off this guy is.

I hope he has been dropped and this is the rocket he needs to improve but I won’t hold my breath

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OP is right. Smith is one of, if not the worst winger in the comp. people need to stop thinking about his single decent game which was 2 years ago and look at the facts. He’s slow, lazy and dumb

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to see how some of our players preform under a different coach.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s the problem no Canterbury cup so players have no pressure on them.but I think He has been ordinary all year

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: I’m back baby... 2021 started when we signed Barrett. Yes I agree, he falls to his knees a lot , like he is in hockey skates. He hasn’t developed into player he could be and hoped for. Shame really

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As bad as Montoya is, I don't have a problem with Reimis getting dropped as he's deserved to all season and he needs a serious wake up call to pull his finger out and fix his attitude.

Hopefully Reimis does that and is back soon. If not, fuck him. He offers way more than Montoya but if he keeps taking his spot for granted and putting zero effort in week to week, then he can rot in reserves for a while.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He tells Pay he wants to play in the centres and is moved there, for me that's a really bad sign. Obviously in the past the coach has told him what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear.