Reimis Smith and DWZ

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The monkeys at the club signed DWZ as a fullback, gave him an upgrade and extension and are now shopping him around a year later. Lol this club
Now he’s playing centre on 2x or 3x What Harper would have been on if we’d let him. Yet we keep hearing that the cap position is the previous board’s fault

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed in full. He's not far away from being a solid long-term choice fullback.
People are writing a lot of our players off albeit
on occasions with justified criticism. We are coming last because we lack in all basic areas.
I also find the constant praise of any young panther debutant as a little decieving given they're playing off the back of a career best purple patch of all their spine players. And what a forward pack they have at the moment!
A guy like Staines scores 4 tries on debut. The same bloke would fail in our current system and banished . And we would create 100 threads of hate.
I hope next year, Barrett and co. can create even a tiny shadow of what's been happening at the Panthers this year.
Seeing as SG will be let go and training staff are on the way out the door, it appears that the Club is giving Trent the power to assemble a team of trainers/coaching staff. I feel he will be itching to get into the off season. Just on 1 note, any coach with half a brain would see that our fitness needs immediate attention if we want to be competitive 2021. I mean a bloke like Napa should have impact, he has virtually turned into a sloth. I dont mean that in a spiteful way, I think the club has alot to answer for it.
Dont know if Trent is our future but appears we are moving in the right direction for next year. Obviously recruitment is another story and part of the equation. I think we will see improvement with existing players aswell.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The monkeys at the club signed DWZ as a fullback, gave him an upgrade and extension and are now shopping him around a year later. Lol this club
Worst management/recruitment I've ever seen in a professional sports club. Diabolical. I'd do a better job with zero experience.

DWZ had nothing ever going for him. Nothing. He came to us and "ran hard" at brick walls all game with no intention of stepping of breaking the line. Dont think he ever had 1 line break! Then he got injured for NZ, and that was that. Lost the 1 (totally useless thing anyways) he had in running "hard" and since he's just the worst player. Not to mention his totally fucked challenges!!! (Though that falls on piss weak no leadership Jacksons shoulders)

#RantOverForNow

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely Dib and Hasler's fault. In 2021 we'll have a warchest, oh wait...
Haha but its just even more and more evident how much Hasler had fucked this club! He clearly was on a path to just sell all good player (COREY THOMPSON WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!?!) and just fuck us from the inside out!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our dudcruitment burns me.

Our club is an absolute joke right now. Signing DWZ to play fullback is one of the many stuff ups. Signing Lafai so he can sit on the sidelines.

Also how the hell did we end up with Holltoya even getting a look into FG. No club with any ambition would have recruited / scouted out these duds in the first place.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our dudcruitment burns me.

Our club is an absolute joke right now. Signing DWZ to play fullback is one of the many stuff ups. Signing Lafai so he can sit on the sidelines.

Also how the hell did we end up with Holltoya even getting a look into FG. No club with any ambition would have recruited / scouted out these duds in the first place.
How about signing 35 year Blake Green? I’d rather just see Averillo be given a whole year to see what he can do

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about signing 35 year Blake Green? I’d rather just see Averillo be given a whole year to see what he can do
The plan was Averillo & Green in the halves

I was ok with Green signing because it would keep Lewis out while Wakeham can get game time as a backup.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plan was Averillo & Green in the halves

I was ok with Green signing because it would keep Lewis out while Wakeham can get game time as a backup.
It’s a pity we couldn’t find a way to offload Lewis at the same time

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi nasheed. I'm well thank you and thanks for asking. Hope your enjoying yours.
I agree about Meaney for this year and next to start with.
My preference is
Meaney
Okunbor
Cotric
Hoppa
Smith.
I feel it's a balance of speed and size. All capable to start our sets well after kicks.Two big wingers with aerial skills. Just need the right halves to execute good kicks to them.
DWZ on current form is a struggle. If we can't offload him then maybe the new staff can rebuild his confidence. If they get it right we have a good player to lean on for times of injury or loss of form.
I agree
I still don't like the idea of Hoppa there, but he's under contract and there's other positions that take priority.
Still would suss out Gildart, because why not!?
If Meaney doesn't fire next year. Then we go into 2022 with Staines or a superstar fullback form somewhere.
I have a feeling he could be a pleasant surprise and take a Ryan Pap trajectory.

We just need to work on out spine and beef up forwards with a little punch.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ could probably get a good thee year deal in England if he acts now. We can pitch in 100

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis - should be on the wing... he is not a centre.
DWZ - should not be in the side..... i gave up on him when he played the ball the wrong way....
Totally agree - and DMZ is an overpaid myth. Another one for the record of our recruitment blunders that date back to Des with T-Rex, Lichea, letting Cook go, Foran and on and on.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to see Meaney being much better than he currently is and he's currently not good enough to be a winger in a top 8 NRL team (imo). Reimis even tho he's taken a few backwards steps has a lot more potential than Meaney on the wing. If you want to play it safe you play Meaney, but it's very unlikely he's a long term option on the wing. If you're trying to win your next game you pick Meaney on current forms.
Disagree. Meaney anytime over Smith. I actually think Meaney cops way too much shit on here. Smith on the other hand is utter shit and people still make excuses for him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree. Meaney anytime over Smith. I actually think Meaney cops way too much shit on here. Smith on the other hand is utter shit and people still make excuses for him.
Meaney can cover for fullback so he is more useful to the overall squad. Reimis Shit is just that.. shit. He needs to go.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its pretty obvious our club has absolutely no idea how to identify talent. Can only hope Trent Barrett will bring a team who know the difference between a 1st grader and a park footballer.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I really thought Smith was on the rise and he would be our number 1 winger for years to come. But his development looks to have stagnated and he does have that look of disinterest/laziness about him. Whether that is true or just his physical demeanor I don't know. At this stage he definitely isn't a centre as he gets caught out defensively too often. As he is still under contract I hope TBaz can get the best out of him otherwise I wouldn't be re-signing him

As for DWZ I still can't see what he offers. Yes he runs hard but more often than not he gets smashed and doesn't make much ground. I don't question his toughness but for the reported $$ he is on, he isn't bringing much to the team and he has far too many errors in his game which really hurt us. I can see why Penrith let him go. I hope the rumours are correct and we are shopping him around and hopefully we can offload him and use that money elsewhere
Also the reason why Gould encouraged him to sign for our club, as much as I loath Gould he is a very good judge of tallent.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness to players, it could be that the lack of confidence or determination amongst some (nearly all btw) is because they have realised or heard that Pay and now SG are duds, and they wont be here next year, and like us fans are waiting for Barret and 2021.
It's very poor professionalism on their part, I just hope that Barret is ruthless right from the start with poor attitude and form.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think id like to see how they go under tbaz ,no idea what’s happening with them both seems more a mental thing ,they definitely have talent if tbaz cant unlock it they r gone

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its easy to speculate. So I'll speculate..
1) two coaches that run different plays directed by 1 of 5 potential halves
2) uncertainty in the clubs future with changing the entire coaching staff and some players
3) poor leadership from the club
4) losing is a norm now
5) covid bubble
6) marbo, the vibe