Reflecting on the past 2 rounds who is your best 17 for round 3?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree but he shouldn’t be our centre. Who do we replace him with I hVe no clue hence the reason why he will play there all year. We are so thin in depth across the board it’s scary. We need another centre, 2 big bodies and a hooker to even compete by the looks of it.
I think I’d take anyone else but Napa, he needs to stay in reggies. The only reason I see him playing grade is to show other teams he isn’t as bad as we are trying to offload him early. Won’t happen if we drop him
I would play Hoppa 2nd row.
No idea who goes to centre.
Ideally if we had a hooker who can kick well I would slot Hoppa into 6 as a running five-eight.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Allan
Meaney
Cotric
Hoppa
DWZ
Avocado
Flanagan
RFM
JMK
Atoni
Jackson
Doorey
Elliott

Seumanufagai
Stimson
Topine
C. Smith

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No Napa or Hoppa.
No rewarding for those past 2 efforts by them (under any circumstances).
A standard for effort on the field, from our senior team leaders, must be set.

Because there's not much in the Top 30 to chose from, I'm going:

1. Meaney (can't play wing)
2. DWZ
3. Allen
4.Cotric
5. Tui
6. Wakeham/Lewis (toss up-does it really matter who)
7. Flanno
8. Atoni
9. JMK
10. Hetho
11. Doorey
12. Elliot
13. Jacko

14. Avo
15. CSmith
16. RFM
17. Ava (if available)
18. Topine (asap)
19. Stimson?
20. Scratching my head for any other first grade possibility.
That is an absolute abortion of a team. The goal is to improve, not to regress.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
u guys piss me off be patient, it takes time, we get two fowards that are really good, with a hooker that is top notch, then we get staggs and it’s over wait and see

Go the fucken dogies
Where we getting the really good forwards?Rudolf only one off contract and that's still on potential and he'll also be hard to get. It's looking like 2023 for props unless a club is shopping one around for 2022. Moses Leota would be good if Panthers needed salary cap room. I still think it's going to be difficult for them to keep JFH, Leniu and Leota

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FFS people....ok Hoppa's lateral move in defence at centre has been wanting first 2 games.

Yesterday the team ran 960 meters, Hopoate ran 151 of those meters.

Without Hoppa in the team somewhere we don't ever get out of our own half.
i agree he needs to be in the 17, we simply don’t have any experienced depth with any talent. I would play him at 6 as it would take some pressure off Flange and give him so old head experience to bounce off. Defensively Hop would be better at 6 closer to the ruck and he can still have a run when he chooses.

If Avo is to become a future star he needs to be smashing it in reggies first and then given short spells off the bench in FG. Once Thompson and Okunbor are available they should be straight in and Schoupp needs to be exposed to the top grade to see if he can plug the centre’s issue at some point with Cotric.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Averillo
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
8. Hetherington
9. Jmk
10. Thompson
11. Rfm
12. Elliott
13. Jackson
14. Atoni
15. Ava
16. Doorey
17. Deitz

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont have any quality backup so the options arent exciting..
With Burton coming we need to focus on recruiting a hooker and props..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how we will go when it's dry...?

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just can't make wholesale changes, but tinker at a few & see how it goes. If no accepted improvement then repeat the process. In both games, we're in the hunt at half time & then fell away. Also in both games had possession at less than 45% at HT.
* I would move wakeham to hooker, played 1 game last year & was good. His defence is better this year & has got more vision/ creativity than Jmk/kotao. Bring in either Doorey or Topine.
* renouf /Ogden. One has to go. Give the other 2 weeks to impress. If not replace with the other.
*Napa. Straight to Mounties. The guy is not trying. Would love to try Ava but not in our top 30.
* give stimson a go. Been either out injured or was playing overweight. Was impressive in the storm system, so let's give him three weeks to impress.
* perhaps swap Hoppa & avarillo. Hoppa I feel sorry for. He give 100%, takes more hits up than half our forwards , & has been amongst our best last year. However my his last year.
* Avarillo has potentially, not certain whats the best for his development. Leave for a few weeks, move to centre or Mounties. Some kids can jump.into FG like fish to water, while others need more time adjusted to the big leap.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i agree he needs to be in the 17, we simply don’t have any experienced depth with any talent. I would play him at 6 as it would take some pressure off Flange and give him so old head experience to bounce off. Defensively Hop would be better at 6 closer to the ruck and he can still have a run when he chooses.

If Avo is to become a future star he needs to be smashing it in reggies first and then given short spells off the bench in FG. Once Thompson and Okunbor are available they should be straight in and Schoupp needs to be exposed to the top grade to see if he can plug the centre’s issue at some point with Cotric.
I would play Hoppa at 6 IF we had a 9 that can kick well.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our issue is our props and bench.

I’d drop Napa for Ava, but there’s not much else we can do until Thompson comes back.

Maybe also play Waddell on the edge and put RFM on the bench as part of the middle rotation.

Round 5:

8. Thompson

10. Hetherington

14. Ogden
15. Atoni
16. RFM
17. Ava

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would swap Dean Britt for Napa. He at least was effective yesterday in CC making metres and put in some big hits in defence and was actually having a go. Would be 100% improvement on Napa just in effort and involvement

I didn't think Ava was in the top 30 and eligible for first grade?

If he is I would bring him in as well and take your pick who he replaces...probably Ogden

I'd also be giving Stimson game time in CC to give him a chance to get some fitness up to see if he can recapture any form he once had

I know our backup options are limited but our first grade front row has been totally underwhelming and ineffective

When Thompson is back i'd be happy to try a rotation of Thompson, Ava, Hetherington and Britt

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm also battling to see much in Topine. His lack of size seems a problem as a backrower and was probably the smallest forward on the field in CC yesterday

I know he has pedigree in the juniors and was captain of the Junior Kangaroos but at this stage he would get rag dolled in first grade so I don't see him as an option for at least a couple of years until he puts some size on

Am I missing something?