REFEREE INFLUNCE "BETTING SECTOR"

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TAKE into consideration the VLANDY influence & also the boss of RACING NSW or whatever you call it.

He now controls the NRL (biggest sports betting sport in Australia)

This is not a coincidence, this is a tactic.

SPORTS BETTING companies DONT only make money on a team winning or losing.

Big chunk now comes from
First try scorer
How many tries by a player and or Team.

How many tackles.
How many metres
How many knock ons
First half - second half results
How many points
How many goals
First point score
Then there is all the MULTI BETS
People have bets on 8 games in one bet.

So sometimes yes they need a team that is underdog to win a game or 2 so they don't pay out.

When we talk about betting influence, it is not just based on a game by game basis.

This is intertwined and all connects the dots.

Time to time someone will put $5 on odds off 1 to 2500 on a multibet
So please don't think each game is on its own....

VLANDY works for the MAFIA

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing to do with betting. All has to do with nrl agenda. Keep the top teams winning and bottom teams out of contention. It’s really a 2 horse race atm and imagine a 15th placed dogs team beating 3-4th parra team. Won’t happen with these rules no chance
So it pays them to keep historically strong support base team that used to bring the $$ to the bottom line out of contention? I don't know mate.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never understood the TAB/betting conspiracy.

There are refs who hate certain teams, are scared of other teams and some refs who are "homers". But I just don't think refs are influenced by gambling
hugely unlikely your right..in fact i'll bet they aren't LOL

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t disagree with the officiating today, but he would have only gotten $1.01 for hd-to-hd and $1.05 for Eels13+
Envelope in glove box probably:grinning:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it pays them to keep historically strong support base team that used to bring the $$ to the bottom line out of contention? I don't know mate.
Look it’s all guesses from everyone. It could just be as simple as the ref just hates a certain team and subconsciously gives those 1% calls to the other team. Could mean he has put money on the other team. Or it could just simply mean refs are incompetent and to many rules for one person to officiate is making it look like he is favouring one side over the other.

Who knows but all I know is that I’m not alone in saying the game is going to shit, the 6 again and all these rules to fasten the game is actually working the opposite affect and people are turning away.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Look it’s all guesses from everyone. It could just be as simple as the ref just hates a certain team and subconsciously gives those 1% calls to the other team. Could mean he has put money on the other team. Or it could just simply mean refs are incompetent and to many rules for one person to officiate is making it look like he is favouring one side over the other.

Who knows but all I know is that I’m not alone in saying the game is going to shit, the 6 again and all these rules to fasten the game is actually working the opposite affect and people are turning away.
Going to shit alright.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve tried to explain it nicely many times. I’ll put it bluntly now, betting agents don’t care who wins. If you believe that betting agents influence results you are so wrong it’s not funny. Sick of people saying this on the forum. Makes us look like a bunch of idiots. Maybe research how betting agencies work instead of commenting with conviction on something you don’t understand and have no clue about.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ve tried to explain it nicely many times. I’ll put it bluntly now, betting agents don’t care who wins. If you believe that betting agents influence results you are so wrong it’s not funny. Sick of people saying this on the forum. Makes us look like a bunch of idiots. Maybe research how betting agencies work instead of commenting with conviction on something you don’t understand and have no clue about.
So will you be shocked if they actually got busted rigging shit?

They may not be rigging shit but FMD it sure looks like it.

I personally think it's rigged or a gross amount of incompetence.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So will you be shocked if they actually got busted rigging shit?

They may not be rigging shit but FMD it sure looks like it.

I personally think it's rigged or a gross amount of incompetence.
Have you ever stopped and thought firstly how complex/near impossible it would be to rig the outcome of rugby league fixtures?

Do you realise betting agencies would make far more $$ if we were to actually win these games?

Just take a few minutes to have a good think about the sheer ludicrousness of your claims.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In future we are going to look at people talking seriously about footy like we did to those thinking wrestling matches were real in 80s and 90s? Lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The betting agencies would have loved a Bulldogs upset they would have cleaned up. So many people on here have no idea how bookmakers make money! They love under dogs getting up at big odds.
It's hard to predict the flow of betting though. You might get a lot of people betting against the dogs willing to make safer bets for a small return, or you'd have others who would want to put their money on less likely wins knowing their return if the dogs got up were likely to be better. Then you could probably factor in that there would be a number of people making an emotional bet on the team they support. For a well supported team like the Bulldogs that emotional bet offering a big payout would be an incentive to have us lose if the NRL were making money off the gambling agencies. You shouldn't assume that you know how the bookmakers make maximum profit either if you haven't got figures about the flow of betting.

In the end I know what I see and that typically is that referees seem to often go to almost extreme lengths to support one side in most games I watch. While that is happening and gambling agencies are heavily involved with the game I can't help but lack trust in the honesty of the referees when they look fucking terrible.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time. They don’t care who wins. They make a very small percentage whatever the result may be.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS happened in our Game today.
TBAZ Said it in post match "without being direct" But GAVE the factual reasons.

It's sports tab, tab, points bet, Ladbrokes and all other betting agencies are major sponsors of the NRL & front of jersey major sponsors of some NRL CLUBS.
So when the sponsorship money is coming in from this gambling sector who are putting money into the game then they will influence results to benefit the bottom line.

Nrl does not exist without the sponsorship money so it is like they are held ransom.
The referee has more influence since it has got back to ONE referee which makes it easier for the ref to control the game. Even to extent of how points are scored.
Then there is the VIDEO Ref who can at anytime overturn any decision on the field.
SinBin, send off, and tries.
It is a fact. If the GOVERNMENT can be corrupt, WHY CANT THE NRL?
Usually to be corrupt you need to have power, street smarts and be organised. The NRL HQ are too incompetent to have those qualities. Proof is in the refs - judging by their peformance it's clear they're still trained by the WWE school of referees.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Have you ever stopped and thought firstly how complex/near impossible it would be to rig the outcome of rugby league fixtures?

Do you realise betting agencies would make far more $$ if we were to actually win these games?

Just take a few minutes to have a good think about the sheer ludicrousness of your claims.
what the hell are you talking about? rugby league is the easiest game in the world to rig the outcomes of, especially with the introduction of the rules to reduce scrutiny of calls like 6 again restart instead of penalty and replay

do you know for a fact what the betting agencies position was for our games?

the ludicrous claims in this threads are the ones that dismiss this out of hand and claim that the bookies are satisfied whatever the result

there certainly is a clear advantage if someone could get the referee in the pocket, for example if i got the naked pictures of the referee and he did everything i said, i personally guarantee i would win so much money ffs

if the betting agencies could do the same thing they would make much more money as well, don't be a retard and that goes for you too bondi

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's hard to predict the flow of betting though. You might get a lot of people betting against the dogs willing to make safer bets for a small return, or you'd have others who would want to put their money on less likely wins knowing their return if the dogs got up were likely to be better. Then you could probably factor in that there would be a number of people making an emotional bet on the team they support. For a well supported team like the Bulldogs that emotional bet offering a big payout would be an incentive to have us lose if the NRL were making money off the gambling agencies. You shouldn't assume that you know how the bookmakers make maximum profit either if you haven't got figures about the flow of betting.

In the end I know what I see and that typically is that referees seem to often go to almost extreme lengths to support one side in most games I watch. While that is happening and gambling agencies are heavily involved with the game I can't help but lack trust in the honesty of the referees when they look fucking terrible.
Last time. They don’t care who wins. They make a very small percentage whatever the result may be.
Not exactly true, it depends entirely on the match. Some matches they will lay their liability in play, other times they will put their nuts on the line. All depends on heaps of factors.

The idea that betting agencies and bookies are influencing results is ludicrous.

The far more likely possibility is for players or referees to manipulate outcomes to suit their own wagers.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
oh yeah lolol, and big business don't care about ripping people off or limiting supply, they are comfortable with their small percentage profit

what fantasy land are you living in

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to do with betting. It’s preconceived thoughts.

Cechhin is not dumb. He realises Parra should win this game. If they don’t then his performance is questioned. Therefore human nature makes him look at the 2 teams differently.

It’s especially bad now with the 6 agains because they can’t stop the play to analyse the decision.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
what the hell are you talking about? rugby league is the easiest game in the world to rig the outcomes of, especially with the introduction of the rules to reduce scrutiny of calls like 6 again restart instead of penalty and replay

do you know for a fact what the betting agencies position was for our games?

the ludicrous claims in this threads are the ones that dismiss this out of hand and claim that the bookies are satisfied whatever the result

there certainly is a clear advantage if someone could get the referee in the pocket, for example if i got the naked pictures of the referee and he did everything i said, i personally guarantee i would win so much money ffs

if the betting agencies could do the same thing they would make much more money as well, don't be a retard and that goes for you too bondi
Betting agencies don’t need to rig outcomes to generate eye watering profits. They just need bozos like you who’ve probably had a few bucks invested on the dogs over the past few years to keep turning up week after week. Not to mention the donkeys at Echuca you probably throw money at.

To suggest there is organised match fixing going going on and it’s costing us (of all teams! :tearsofjoy:) is as dumb as it gets.