Reed Mahoney

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My best mate is a Parra supporter, and almost every Parra game last year I'd text him at some point "Gee, that Reed Mahoney fella is a good player" (sometimes 3 or 4 times a game even). Awesome to actually have him playing for us now and saying the same thing to myself. And to think, he's still only 24.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yet somehow Hasler and Co thought Liccha was better. What shit were those guys smoking. I'm so glad Reedy is back in our colours.
liccha wasnt actually bad, hasler screwed his game up and told him to play a different structure to what his natural game really is.. des broke and destroyed alot of good players with his mathematical training sessions and expectations

i recall a number of games where liccha carved up and one of them was in a game against the bunnies and he was ripping them up single handedly but the problem was when he ran no one else ran with him so nothing else came of it (everytime he made a dash) no one went with him for support

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
liccha wasnt actually bad, hasler screwed his game up and told him to play a different structure to what his natural game really is.. des broke and destroyed alot of good players with his mathematical training sessions and expectations

i recall a number of games where liccha carved up and one of them was in a game against the bunnies and he was ripping them up single handedly but the problem was when he ran no one else ran with him so nothing else came of it (everytime he made a dash) no one went with him for support
Lichaa is shit face the facts

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa is shit face the facts
i maintain my thoughts on the matter, and tbh, i think youre shit and you should face the facts lmfao.. dont force your opinions and beliefs onto others and learn that not everybody gives a fuck about what you think lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Who's he playing for now?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

When Lichaa got axed at the end of 2018, not one club picked him up and he had to play local A league. Says it all.
I actually said this at the time that no one in Australia or England will want him and I was right but like many things I don’t get the credit.
He struggled to pass.
Homies here critique JMKs delivery but Lichaa couldn’t literally pass one side of his body or do a spin pass.
I maintain he is the worst player to have played more than 100 NRL games and Dean Pay was weird as hell for e tending him two years instead of one as no one was after him. Something I also pointed out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i maintain my thoughts on the matter, and tbh, i think youre shit and you should face the facts lmfao.. dont force your opinions and beliefs onto others and learn that not everybody gives a fuck about what you think lol
He tried hard enough and his running game might have been great in the lower grades, but being a good defender and having an occasional game where dummy half runs work didn't make up for his lack of passing ability. He constantly compressed where our first receiver was going to be because a long pass for him was about 2 metres. And those passes weren't fast.

He got an extension when Pay signed on and has a handful of good games for the three games after Hasler was sacked. The following season he was back to being average. His glory days were all in the lower grades much like Flanagan. Overall I'm not a big Flanagan fan, but I'd still prefer Flanagan in the team over Lichaa.

We're all entitled to our opinion. No offence but I just disagree with yours. The first thing a hooker needs is a good or better passing game and I never saw that from Lichaa.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He tried hard enough and his running game might have been great in the lower grades, but being a good defender and having an occasional game where dummy half runs work didn't make up for his lack of passing ability. He constantly compressed where our first receiver was going to be because a long pass for him was about 2 metres. And those passes weren't fast.

He got an extension when Pay signed on and has a handful of good games for the three games after Hasler was sacked. The following season he was back to being average. His glory days were all in the lower grades much like Flanagan. Overall I'm not a big Flanagan fan, but I'd still prefer Flanagan in the team over Lichaa.

We're all entitled to our opinion. No offence but I just disagree with yours. The first thing a hooker needs is a good or better passing game and I never saw that from Lichaa.
thats fully understandable and i can see your perspective, however a lot of players were changed and effected by des and his mind games, hence the reason liccha went hard in the last few games because the chain was off and he could do his thing, and truthfully it wasnt his playing that lead to him not continuing further in the nrl it was personal stuff outside that made clubs find it difficult to want to take him on with the dramas he had going on,

if he was that bad we wouldnt have considered re-signing him before the adam elliot situation took place a few years back.
some of these coaches dont care how good you are, they want you to play and land the ball in a specific patch of grass which limits some peoples playing style, especially an attacking one as things need to be over calculated, and little do people know that des would scorn players deeply by abandoning his game plan even if they won the game or scored points from the on field teams "decisions", it didnt matter to des if it wasnt done his way and over time this type of coaching burns players out and ruins them mentally which effects them overall in future especially confidence wise

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When Lichaa got axed at the end of 2018, not one club picked him up and he had to play local A league. Says it all.
I actually said this at the time that no one in Australia or England will want him and I was right but like many things I don’t get the credit.
He struggled to pass.
Homies here critique JMKs delivery but Lichaa couldn’t literally pass one side of his body or do a spin pass.
I maintain he is the worst player to have played more than 100 NRL games and Dean Pay was weird as hell for e tending him two years instead of one as no one was after him. Something I also pointed out.
no, im pretty sure thats incorrect, he had personal dramas off the field afterwards that made it hard for other clubs to want to welcome him, hence the reason we offered him another contract a few years back till the adam elliot situation took place and he was quickly released and elliot was a year later...... again we refer back to the mental aspect some players went through playing under des,, kris keating for one example