Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Reed Mahoney

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric is worth about 450k max, we're paying him 650k? Got JAC on one wing, Naden (who is a much better winger than centre) potentially on another, two young promising centres in Schoupp and Alamoti, Averillo potential centre option also + a few others in the lower grades. Cotric makes the most sense.
Definitely helps the balance of the team. He isnt really a $650k centre. And like you said we have players that can fill in on the wing (possibly at a fraction of the cost). Plus side would be does free up some cap, and we didnt really get value out of his first year. So unless he gets back to Origin level of play for the next 2 years then we definitely dudded out on that purchase.

Wouldnt be against a potential trade if that is what it took.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cotric is going but it's more so when. We know his deal expires end of 2023, seemingly he may play 2022 (part or all who knows) but not 2023.
Ronald has his value output vs contract value, call it moneyball call it what you will. Cotric is not value.
Panic buy. Baz and the club fucked up with him.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently gutherson just signed with the eels ..
That is good news for us. They need forwards and may re-sign matterson and Paulo as a result. Dylan brown also has a player option and hoping this forces Mahoney to us.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric excellent player but we are paying him way too much
Yep we played him centre money and that sure backfired...probably worth no more than 450k but i can bet sone team will fork out 600k for him

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My bad, he was a panic buy whoever signed him.
It was Cotric that got the ball rolling.....before that no one of the top tier players would even look at us. So we payed a little more than we should have. The first man through the gate always gets bloody. In this case and time on the Kennel it's Cotric. It would be a crime to let him go without seeing what he is truly capable of with a stronger, faster and younger squad around him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It was Cotric that got the ball rolling.....before that no one of the top tier players would even look at us. So we payed a little more than we should have. The first man through the gate always gets bloody. In this case and time on the Kennel it's Cotric. It would be a crime to let him go without seeing what he is truly capable of with a stronger, faster and younger squad around him.
Can't argue with you but I'm ruthless. If he doesn't perform next year, id boot him in 23.

If he can't perform with the boys around him, he doesn't deserve to be there.

PS Cotric hasn't been offered to Parra, Allan has.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't argue with you but I'm ruthless. If he doesn't perform next year, id boot him in 23.

If he can't perform with the boys around him, he doesn't deserve to be there.

PS Cotric hasn't been offered to Parra, Allan has.
Cotric has to fire. He's in 6th season of first grade now and has no excuses. Personally I always believed he is a right centre, but that's no longer viable in our side. Hopefully where ever he plays he rips in

Last edited: