Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Reed Mahoney

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still believe we are in the hunt for Cheese. Gus has been fooling us all for weeks.
Didn’t he say our 2022 squad was done and not much room to buy for 2023??

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cotric has to fire. He's in 6th season of first grade now and has no excuses. Personally I always believed he is a right centre, but that's no longer viable in our side. Hopefully where ever he plays he rips in
No excuses? Hasn’t he already played rep football/origin LOL..
he has performed at club level and on the biggest stage. Did you forget the donkeys he was playing with this season?
How does someone perform in our 2021 side?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still believe we are in the hunt for Cheese. Gus has been fooling us all for weeks.
Gus doesn't want to say anyone in our top 30 isn't good enough to be here in 2022 or 2023. He's just being nice. He knows our hookers aren't good.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has performed at club level and on the biggest stage. Did you forget the donkeys he was playing with this season?
Can’t argue with the lack of talent he played with this year. It’s more the potential ROI when paying a winger $650k.
Anyone being paid at that level needs to have significant impact on most games..This year he looked fairly ordinary in doing things he previously did well…

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair that was before he sacked Elliott and his 500k flog ass.

Hardly expect him to say yeh we got a mil chilling as rfm is probably not worth risking it with any further (read somewhere he’s 550k a year) we all know Stimson didn’t come from storm when we were shithouse for peanuts I’d guess he’s on 300k+. Wakeham sadly probably is too as he was our “hope” and played well for Fiji then done nothing since. He’s off too.

I think with those guys being paid way overs it helps free up and clean the last mess of our past. I’d say only waddle is the last one I’d hate to know.

It’s like Elliott + Stimson + wakeham = kikau and a couple minimum wage !

Then you get rfm off. Vaughan dufty etc (these 2 probably have another deal in mind if all goes well). I can’t see rfm staying with his foot and other issues we have had he just is a big gamble. Plus with kikau and Pangai it’s hard to see unless Vaughan goes and Pangai moves up etc.

Either way I’d throw rfms straight to Mahoney and find the balance (100k-150k) wouldn’t be hard I’m sure we won’t be paying any of dwz cap after this season.

Last edited:

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan and Allen combine for 850k , my bet would be Cotric/ Thompson / Jackson either reduced deals or cut by 2023 .
Their is no way we are in cap trouble .

dufty 300
Addocarr 500
Schoupp 200?
naden 300?
cotric 600
Burton 450
Averillo 300?
Vaughan 350
Jmk 250?
Thompson 725
Jackson 700
Rfm 500
Tpj 750

Hetherington 350?
ava 200?
Bbo 120?
King 180?
Allen 500
Flanagan 350
Okunbur 200-230?
Asiata 200
Alomati 120
Doorey 180?
Burns 250k
Cook 150
Patolo 150?
Stimson 250?
Katoa 180?
Topine 150?
Waddell 250?
Wakeham 220?

thats 9.95millfor 31 players , I would say those figures are pretty accurate and should avg themselves out
For 2022
Remove Asiata now and
Add maybe Dwz contract and we might have a few hundred under .

for the next few years we will have more money because not many are on long term contracts at our club .

we are in good hands with salary cap with relative good talent locked in .

Tpj
Addocarr
Burton
Kikau

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here here rightly or otherwise I am firmly in this camp, the knockers or "trade Cotric crew" actually fn shit me lol I too know he is on overs but big deal, it's hardly debilitating us clearly.
Guy is a weapon, will have a great year in a vastly improved team.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here here rightly or otherwise I am firmly in this camp, the knockers or "trade Cotric crew" actually fn shit me lol I too know he is on overs but big deal, it's hardly debilitating us clearly.
Guy is a weapon, will have a great year in a vastly improved team.
Agree think he came in to absolute shit sandwich this year saw his interview bloke in a bar and just great attitude. Absolute professional in how he handled last year. Hoping he has a fucking blinder next year competing with jac for most tries.

Last edited: