News Reed Mahoney names player to watch this season

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right.. Still, he moved to upgrade them early. He might wait with Preston, but if he becomes a regular starter then I'm sure Gus will upgrade him from his minimum deal and maybe add an extra year on.
Yeah if he lives up to the expectations this year he’ll probably get an upgrade an extension for 2024 and beyond. Be interesting to see if the $650k or thereabouts is used for a mid season transfer.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taken me nearly a week to get over that trial loss…I was bitterly disappointed, I guess the trauma of watching the side regress back towards the last few years efforts needs to be bit more balanced against combinations gaining experience. Preston looks like a worker…
Finishing 6th to 12th there are going to be games we get pumped, get used to it lol

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big fan of the kids work even before he signed here. But unless I’m wrong he signed a 2 year deal we don’t need to rush to upgrade him right now with this years residual cap.
No use waiting until we're in a bidding war.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly no rush right now to use the residual cap space for 2023.
We have to spend the money . . . Lets pay it forward and extend him while he is still cheap and flying under the radar

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we know this actually even happened ? It sounds like a excuse.
Agree talked to a mate deep in the football club, he went to Belmore on the Sat to watch the training, he said that the reserves did not have an apposed session with the firsts that day. The firsts actually trained somewhere else and by themselves, so both reserves and first grade just played poorly for some unknown reason and this supposed apposed session was just a myth and an excuse. It was certainly hot that day on Bribie Island that day and I assume it was just as hot in Sydney. Hopefully they get their sharpness back for round 1.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game blew open the more our middles got rolled. Sharks only made the 1 line break in the first half with the second and third try coming from kicks. Our middles getting rolled so easily is the concern though, if that happens in the NRL then our edges will continue to be exposed like they were after the opening half of the game.
Nah bro
Reynolds to 7 for 25 rounds

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Agree talked to a mate deep in the football club, he went to Belmore on the Sat to watch the training, he said that the reserves did not have an apposed session with the firsts that day. The firsts actually trained somewhere else and by themselves, so both reserves and first grade just played poorly for some unknown reason and this supposed apposed session was just a myth and an excuse. It was certainly hot that day on Bribie Island that day and I assume it was just as hot in Sydney. Hopefully they get their sharpness back for round 1.
Concerning if true!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Presto rookie of the year contender if he ends up on the right edge. No disrespect to RFM but Ray’s just keepin’ the spot warm for him atm imho.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

club has massive wraps on him, for gus to be saying he sees him as a leader of the club is a bold statement this early. Interesting that he wasnt actually with the roosters and just north sydney. If he plays like he did in the first two trials he will be a fan favourite in no time

BulldogAndy

Waterboy
Reaction score

club has massive wraps on him, for gus to be saying he sees him as a leader of the club is a bold statement this early. Interesting that he wasnt actually with the roosters and just north sydney. If he plays like he did in the first two trials he will be a fan favourite in no time
he got good hair

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing giving me hope is kikau and Pangai are our two most destructive and creative players. They are huge outs.

That said they hooked hynes with 20-30 to go?

First half was close and if the flop averilo managed to score a try he should of who knows how that turns out. That was massive turning point.

The other things like burton being terrible and hopefully just a case of in neutral and getting some minutes back from surgery along with Mahoney being off (his first game was outstanding I expect a lot more like that then the second). Jac was off. A lot of those guys were.

The only real downer is flopagun is such a Fucking spud that it’s hard to see a way to go with the better teams (sharks are certainly one) with him in the squad. The positive is its almost over and he will not be a liability much longer.

Preston and pele look to be something.

Thought Thompson and Sutton looked very good which is handy when you factor in really king and tpj should be helping lay a platform with kikau out wide.

I don’t think rfm can be that edge player personally he wasn’t impressive for me. Rather Preston (huge call this early but just me personally)
Your avo hatred is getting kinds boring tbh bro