Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eels fans are saying that he hasn't actually signed, he's just verbally agreed to terms with us and the NRL wont allow us to sign due to salary cap restraints. which is complete bullshit i'm sure. they reckon there will be an announcement at 12pm that Reed is staying. which i can almost guarantee is not going to happen. Dont stress about it, he would've signed a contract which means no opportunity to backflip and the club is just holding the announcement until they know whether we can get him commencing 2022 or 2023
Exactly the NRL just needs to register the contract despite everything agreed and signed. Very similar to Milford. Agreed and signed with south’s but not registered with the NRL yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly the NRL just needs to register the contract despite everything agreed and signed. Very similar to Milford. Agreed and signed with south’s but not registered with the NRL yet.
It's been a pretty long time since it was pretty much official, especially Kikau. Usually when it's basically confirmed in the media you get an announcement pretty quickly. They'll both sign and there won't be any backflips, I just don't know what the club is waiting for.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a pretty long time since it was pretty much official, especially Kikau. Usually when it's basically confirmed in the media you get an announcement pretty quickly. They'll both sign and there won't be any backflips, I just don't know what the club is waiting for.
Kikau is 2 or 3 weeks, Reed is 2

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hurry the fuck up all ready, irrespective of negotiations if any for early release there should be contracts registered for 2023 by now.Not my field at all but the way this whole process is done is pretty slaphazard.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely weird man. I know there isn’t a cooling off period anymore. I wonder what’s the hold up.

Malla

Reaction score
I would assume they were never going to be announced at this point. We only knew about Kikau because of that photo and Mahoney because of the video at Chinese dinner. I think we should just like the process take it’s course.
Cotric and Thompson do need to go in order for us to fit them in for 2023 tho. Maybe moving them now is a push for us to get them a year early? Who knows.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would assume they were never going to be announced at this point. We only knew about Kikau because of that photo and Mahoney because of the video at Chinese dinner. I think we should just like the process take it’s course.
Cotric and Thompson do need to go in order for us to fit them in for 2023 tho. Maybe moving them now is a push for us to get them a year early? Who knows.
I don’t believe that we are over for 2023.. that’s bull

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Probably its waiting on other movements of players that isnt finalised yet. Like we might get Kikau or Mahoney early or both, depending on other deals affecting their currents teams cap. If Eels or Penrith want to free up space for another signing, we may get them early.

To me not much else makes sense in regards to no announcement from the club yet. When those players are coming isnt set yet must be why. We can hope so.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there a legitimate reason to be concerned ?
Look how quick the Tigers have announced Api..
Is Kiks pissed at the club for the photo drama?
Is Reed pissed because of the dinner pic?
I think we are all just praying it’s an attempt to get one or both here for 22 that has caused the delay in announcing them..

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we are all just praying it’s an attempt to get one or both here for 22 that has caused the delay in announcing them..
Relax

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers fans are pressing the club for good news that’s why

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So when the 9 players come off contract in 2023 they don’t free up any Cap space. That’s like the Chooks except in reverse, when their players come off contract they free up double the Cap space, but when ours come off contract they free up zero.

Always a Bulldog