Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You’d think a kid being enabled and told he was good would have the confidence to succeed.. maybe the roosters sacking him messed his confidence especially when a young kid takes his spot. I know the Walkers I’m good mates with the youngest and he told
Me about Sam a year ago, he comes off as cocky but I reckon he will turn into a future Australian player. Have you seen that young half ? The Muslim fella ? Don’t know his name but a lot of people in here have spoken about him .. has the long curly hair
1636597582797.png

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’d think a kid being enabled and told he was good would have the confidence to succeed.. maybe the roosters sacking him messed his confidence especially when a young kid takes his spot. I know the Walkers I’m good mates with the youngest and he told
Me about Sam a year ago, he comes off as cocky but I reckon he will turn into a future Australian player. Have you seen that young half ? The Muslim fella ? Don’t know his name but a lot of people in here have spoken about him .. has the long curly hair
Young Rajab is still a couple of years off playing first grade as long as his development continues as it has. There's a lot of hype about him but I wouldn't read too much into that tbh bro eg Patrick Templeman was touted as a future origin star by the judges on this forum because he was also doing good things playing in the lower grades as he was coming up through the ranks and he barely got to sniff the socks from the stands before he went back to QLD to finish up playing in the intrust super cup.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m hearing we’ve missed out on Mahoney, niukore leaving freed up a little bit of cash and parra got their offer over the line. Parra will still not be able to keep all off contract players, plenty of cap used up on RCG and Mahoney. Watch this space
Fucking stupid Warriors overpaying for an average 2nd rower.. Hopefully we can still get Mahoney somehow.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking stupid Warriors overpaying for an average 2nd rower.. Hopefully we can still get Mahoney somehow.
The Warriors are a bigger basketcase than the Wests Tigers, I hope they relocate the NZ team to Perth or make it another QLD team. The NZ experiment hasn't worked.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake had as many forced drop outs as Reynolds and the third most 40/20s last season. Effective.
He would have also given away the most 7 tackle sets with his bombs constantly missing the mark.

Hopefully he can work on that in the off season

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Dufty will be tried first at 1 Burton 6 Averillo 7 and hopefully an actuall hooker at 9, with BBO to be used at 14.
I think this will be pretty close to the line up of the spine, but BBO at 9 until we get another 9, and by then BBO may excel.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's our maximum spend for Mahoney?
$650k is still a bargain imo. $750k?
In the context of us desperately needing a good 9 I think they'd go an absolute max of $750K-$775K. Ideally, I think they'd be aiming for $675K-$700K to fend off the competition.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he was ever leaving Parra. Just wanted more cash and looks like he'll get it. As long as we squeezed Parras cap space enough to grab Papa or Paulo it's all good

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Uncle Arthur is upset he wasn't invited to the dinner.