News Reed Mahoney Celebration

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's the sort of win that can lift a team and give belief. No way were they "suppose" to win and very rarely DO the teams getting hammered by calls. They would have felt that more than any and yet they rose and conquered. If that doesn't lift them nothing will! I was on my feet screaming the exact time they were doing this and surprised the neighbor didn't call the fuzz with my "Fuk yeah" at the top of my lungs haha.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldog spirit. We need to go on with this and play with as much enthusiasm, sting and execute.
The test is after the bye, we play roosters(who will have nearly a full strength team) Parra and Sharks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The test is after the bye, we play roosters(who will have nearly a full strength team) Parra and Sharks
It's a great platform now. If only the guys could see how they aren't reserve graders if they play to their best form.

If every single one of those guys played for each other and played to their potential, like Panthers do and other teams when in form, then they do have the ability to get the wins.

We have to be mentally stronger than we have shown at times and have belief and put in the 100% effort.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a great platform now. If only the guys could see how they aren't reserve graders if they play to their best form.

If every single one of those guys played for each other and played to their potential, like Panthers do and other teams when in form, then they do have the ability to get the wins.

We have to be mentally stronger than we have shown at times and have belief and put in the 100% effort.
The good thing about having so many injuries, is it has given so many players some first grade experience, which they might'nt have otherwise had this year. If we could somehow win 2 of the next 3 games before the next bye, we will be in good stead.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The good thing about having so many injuries, is it has given so many players some first grade experience, which they might'nt have otherwise had this year. If we could somehow win 2 of the next 3 games before the next bye, we will be in good stead.
Good way of looking at it. Glass half full with the benefits of our horrible injury list :grinning:

Next man up theory is being put into practice. I'm glad Morrin and Wilson have come into the mix. They look like they can surpass the guys they came in for and offer a lot of enthusiasm and confidence...something we've been missing.

Wins sure are better than losses on a Monday :grinning:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good way of looking at it. Glass half full with the benefits of our horrible injury list :grinning:

Next man up theory is being put into practice. I'm glad Morrin and Wilson have come into the mix. They look like they can surpass the guys they came in for and offer a lot of enthusiasm and confidence...something we've been missing.

Wins sure are better than losses on a Monday :grinning:
You might learn more from a loss than a win, but you certainly feel better after winning. The fact the lower grades are winning means any player coming in to fg brings confidence to the squad

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tah, bugger would be nice to strengthen the forward pack before the Rorters game.
We only really have Thommo and Kiks missing now. Thommo was due back round 16, but im not sure that has taken his recent setback in to consideration

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tah, bugger would be nice to strengthen the forward pack before the Rorters game.
I wonder who, if any of Patalo, Thommo or Hughes will have a contact renewal for 2024 and beyond

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the little bugger, heart and soul man or dare I say it passion player lol
How many weeks did he get for the hip drop?
And any charge for head-butting Tinogunts forearm? :p

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder who, if any of Patalo, Thommo or Hughes will have a contact renewal for 2024 and beyond
Depends on what they do for the rest of this year is Hughes signed for 24 idk? Patolo and Thommo obviously have a fair amount of work to do and you'd think there may not be all 3 spots available next year i.e Sele would be taking 1..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on what they do for the rest of this year is Hughes signed for 24 idk? Patolo and Thommo obviously have a fair amount of work to do and you'd think there may not be all 3 spots available next year i.e Sele would be taking 1..
Hughes was only a 1 year deal. Pele will take a top 17 spot too. Cant see thommo taking a 50%pay cut which he would need to do to stay. Been hoping Patalo may be an option, but it doesn't look like CC thinks he is an option moving forward

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love the little bugger, heart and soul man or dare I say it passion player lol
How many weeks did he get for the hip drop?
And any charge for head-butting Tinogunts forearm? :p
Corey Parker gave him 4 weeks for the forearm bruising :grinning: