Recruitment

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given that the season is drawing to a close for our mighty dogs and in a positive we have our coaching team locked in ,with Furner tangos toa and sanderscock on board is a good thing now when recruiting and pitching to players knowing the coaching set up.

seeing as they have confirmed who they are letting go too some on that list no surprises to all us and change is needed.

I’m guessing they leaving a few spots open on the roster to see what happens in the off season. I think given that the last couple of years the off-season has been lots of movement I think they are waiting till then.
some players are probley waiting till the season is over too to sort playing futures out.
It’s probley not a bad thing keeping a few spots open too. Come the end of next season we have a lot of players left out of this lot off contract so should be able to cull more.

I guess this off season will be a lot of movement and players will want to lock down too esp if the nrl review and cut the rosters or cap after the end of season review.

either way I’m happy with how we’re travelling just Ned those pelicans in front office to sort there shit out one way or another

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Given that the season is drawing to a close for our mighty dogs and in a positive we have our coaching team locked in ,with Furner tangos toa and sanderscock on board is a good thing now when recruiting and pitching to players knowing the coaching set up.

seeing as they have confirmed who they are letting go too some on that list no surprises to all us and change is needed.

I’m guessing they leaving a few spots open on the roster to see what happens in the off season. I think given that the last couple of years the off-season has been lots of movement I think they are waiting till then.
some players are probley waiting till the season is over too to sort playing futures out.
It’s probley not a bad thing keeping a few spots open too. Come the end of next season we have a lot of players left out of this lot off contract so should be able to cull more.

I guess this off season will be a lot of movement and players will want to lock down too esp if the nrl review and cut the rosters or cap after the end of season review.

either way I’m happy with how we’re travelling just Ned those pelicans in front office to sort there shit out one way or another
i think another positive from the new coaching staff, is that they would be also more experienced in identifying what certain players we require.
pay/antonelli etc were very inexperienced in that area.
they would also have more connections from previous clubs that hopefully they can utilise.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think another positive from the new coaching staff, is that they would be also more experienced in identifying what certain players we require.
pay/antonelli etc were very inexperienced in that area.
they would also have more connections from previous clubs that hopefully they can utilise.
I hope so too the appeal to come to the club 2 months ago not so good but now with baz and crew sorted makes it attractive option for players it’s believed barrett and furner have lots of contacts which will help. I think the coaching appointment and support staf the most important to get right to start with the players will come too

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think TBAZ an co are suited to the style of play we all know we should be producing, feels like we will be a powerhouse once again in the near future, getting the job done. I wish this lot all the best.!!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what I like we are looking outside the box we all thought when des came that he would revolutionary change our game and yes his style and plan worked but he couldn’t adapt and manly are seeing that now he can’t change a couple of rule changes and his game plan shot.
Baz I think can adapt his game plan and his way of thinking interesting times ahead

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We still need a few more solid signings. The club pumping up the signatures of highly esteemed assistant coaches is just puffery. Let’s see what happens in the coming months. I’m surprised they let go of Cogger. Out of all the players they re-signed or let go he got dicked around the most.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We still need a few more solid signings. The club pumping up the signatures of highly esteemed assistant coaches is just puffery. Let’s see what happens in the coming months. I’m surprised they let go of Cogger. Out of all the players they re-signed or let go he got dicked around the most.
i agree but we are too top heavy in that position now we re signed lewis and wakeham, plus green,plus averillo and biondi
we should never had re signed lewis