Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope we're going after TPJ. The Broncos probably need to lose 1 middle since they're all on big money (need to re-sign players + need to get into the transfer market for a halfback). I think they'll conceded it can't be Lodge as no one wants him unless Broncos are chipping in half of it. TPJ can play middle or edge (versatile forward), but I much prefer him in the middle (prop) and there's little in the transfer market at prop after Rudolf who's unlikely to leave. I wouldn't mind us picking up all of his 600k contract but I'm pretty sure we'd be able to squeeze 50-100k out of the Broncos. I think TPJ's been very good so far this year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we’re getting a little swept up with TPJ dreams.

From what I’ve seen, he probably turns up and plays 1 great game in every 4-5. His game is riddled with errors, ill discipline and questionable defensive reads. The fact that last years spooners aren’t overly fussed about keeping him also says a lot.

And I haven’t even touched on his off-field indiscretions and documented links to criminal figures.

Simply put, the risks involved well outweigh the reward considering he’s an inconsistent on field performer.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we’re getting a little swept up with TPJ dreams.

From what I’ve seen, he probably turns up and plays 1 great game in every 4-5. His game is riddled with errors, ill discipline and questionable defensive reads. The fact that last years spooners aren’t overly fussed about keeping him also says a lot.

And I haven’t even touched on his off-field indiscretions and documented links to criminal figures.

Simply put, the risks involved well outweigh the reward considering he’s an inconsistent on field performer.
Yes haas should be our target

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes haas should be our target
Haas isn't realistic, contracted for a long time at the Broncos, and a player they want to keep. Haas might get an upgrade at the Broncos soon but that's about it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haas isn't realistic, contracted for a long time at the Broncos, and a player they want to keep. Haas might get an upgrade at the Broncos soon but that's about it.
But he seems unhappy,klemmer wasn’t expected to leave us but did

Saint Fishy

Previously gareth fishwick
Reaction score
I hope Cotric’s not on big money. I can’t understand the interest in Addo Carr either. Addo Carr will do very little for the Dogs. You rebuild a team from the middle of the pitch out. Flash wingers are the least of the Dogs problems.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope Cotric’s not on big money. I can’t understand the interest in Addo Carr either. Addo Carr will do very little for the Dogs. You rebuild a team from the middle of the pitch out. Flash wingers are the least of the Dogs problems.
Hate to break it to you but Cotric is in fact on big big money.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
650k. JAC important off the field too... he's a character and we're a sad sack of shit right now. Also an elite winger and one of the best in the NRL with To'o and BMoz (all different type players, JAC more of a freak).

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't be going for Finucance, his injuries are starting to pile up and he will be 30 by the time the season ends.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We really missed the boat on C.Welch... we should have made an offer he couldn't refuse. Would have loved him and Thommo up front... I really can't see anyone worth getting to fill the front row void we have, was hoping Guler would be left in reserves longer and get upset but not to be

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Jac
3. Naden
4. Allen
5. Dwz.
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Thompson
9. Deitz
10.atoni
11.cotric ( right edge)
12. Elliott ( left edge)
13. Taumalolo

Reserves;
Jackson
Hetherington
Ava
Topine

2023: add Harry Grant ,
Retire Jackson ( ambassador)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently the cowboys are after Finucane but he wants a 4 year contract. I wouldn’t hesitate to have him for 2-3 seasons. He is one player we shouldn’t have let go.
Good work Des! I don't think anybody could have done a more intentional job of destroying a club. Stuffing up the salary cap & not doing any junior / player development. This is why we need a CEO with a bit of rugby league knowledge & not just rely on a coach who is looking for short term success.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good work Des! I don't think anybody could have done a more intentional job of destroying a club. Stuffing up the salary cap & not doing any junior / player development. This is why we need a CEO with a bit of rugby league knowledge & not just rely on a coach who is looking for short term success.
Yeah, I totally agree. We were warned about Des and his negligence towards juniors. If we won a comp during his time it might have been trade off I could live with. However, it has sent us backwards big time.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have picked up a good young familiar prospect Larson Dale Doyle

We need James back at this club even just to yell at ***** is fine View attachment 23402View attachment 23403
Good to see the club looking outside the normal catchments. There are two gun hookers running around in the HDC comp (should be in ISC) as well who wouldn't look out of place in an NRL environment. Wish Larson all the best in his journey at the club.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should we sign paul turner. Just heard he is injured for the rest of the season with him having shoulder surgery. Maybe could be a backup half for when we hopefully fuck lewis off this year. Doubt he will get offered a contract by the warriors after this injury. Will come cheap aswell.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should we sign paul turner. Just heard he is injured for the rest of the season with him having shoulder surgery. Maybe could be a backup half for when we hopefully fuck lewis off this year. Doubt he will get offered a contract by the warriors after this injury. Will come cheap aswell.
He's a good player. Can become a gun

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking like Reynolds to Cronulla replacing Townsend.

Go Dogs